Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinglorious View Post
    I like JPA, too. There's a reason he has like 113,000 followers on Twitter -- he's popular. He's embraced the team, the city and the fans better than any current professional athlete in Toronto in my opinion. d'Arnaud would probably fetch more on the market simply because he's been so hyped up lately.

I want both of them though. Can't we just convert JPA to 1B or something?
    113 000 followers on twitter! Wow, that must make him like, the besteses!
    Last edited by 13Lawrie13; 11-26-2012 at 10:55 PM.

vCash
    Wasn't Evan Grant the guy who voted Michael Young as the MVP last year? I followed the trail to an article and he suggests that JPA would probably have us asking about Mike Olt. What the hell are we gonna do with Mike Olt?

^ Like JPA's talent or hate him, he still has a hell of a rapport in the clubhouse and amongst the fans. The guy has character. When it comes time to trade him it will be bittersweet for me and some of the younger dudes with the club at least.

Jays '13

vCash
    In the article he had Kinsler gone from the lineup, so presumably he'd be the centerpiece going to the Jays. Doesn't make all that much sense, but yeah, like everyone's pointed out Grant has a history of not making much sense.

vCash
    Romero for Kinsler? -- if that's the case where can I call Beeston to get this deal done?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Romero for Kinsler? -- if that's the case where can I call Beeston to get this deal done?
    Kinsler isn't even that good and we have Bonifacio/Izturis both locked up for at least the next 2 years.

vCash
    LOL at the guy who said Ian Kinsler isn't even that good...

Please

vCash
    Kinsler is good and a far better option than any 2B the jays have now. He is no superstar and seems like a guy that will age well (in terms of his skill set ie, drawing a good walk rate, low K%. I dont know what it will take I dont think I'd offer significant players but if the opportunity came up its something I'd look at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnhustler View Post
    LOL at the guy who said Ian Kinsler isn't even that good...

Please
    Not only is he not that good, he might be one of the most overrated players in baseball...

Of course if you want to refute that you're free to post stats, but it won't change my opinion on whether we should acquire him, because we already have two capable starting 2b's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Not only is he not that good, he might be one of the most overrated players in baseball...

Of course if you want to refute that you're free to post stats, but it won't change my opinion on whether we should acquire him, because we already have two capable starting 2b's.
    c'mon....

Kinsler is still pretty young and has averaged almost 4 WAR a season.

He walks a lot, doesn't strike out a ton, has power/speed...
    If my starting 2nd baseman is giving me a FLOOR of .256/.326/.423 like he did last year I'll take that any day.

Is he over paid? Probably....
    Is he as good as Cano/Pedroia/Zobrist? Absolutely not....
    Would he be a HUGE upgrade for us? You better believe it....

I don't see it as a fit because we do have 2 decent second baseman already and the money IMO could be better allocated elsewhere but to say he's the most over rated player in all of baseball blows my mind.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Dont have a link cuz im on my phone and saw this on tv, but according to mlb.com darren oliver is leaning towards retirement but would consider playing another year if traded to the rangers. Oliver and arencibia for ogando?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    Dont have a link cuz im on my phone and saw this on tv, but according to mlb.com darren oliver is leaning towards retirement but would consider playing another year if traded to the rangers. Oliver and arencibia for ogando?
    Pfff I'll do that trade.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Pfff I'll do that trade.
    Most jays fans would

vCash

One capable (Izturis) bonifacio should be no where near starting 150 games for a championship team.

vCash

I would like to hear why you think this?

The problem I have with going after Kinsler is that he seems to be a big product of the field that he plays in. He hasn't posted a solid OPS away from Arlington since 2008, and last year his slash away from home was .220/.290/.321. He still raked at home, but just couldn't hit at all on the road.....I wouldn't mind having him, but not really a guy I would trade a starter 1 year removed from being a legit #1 for...let alone throw in our starting catcher too.

This trade as 0 merit, and should never have found its way to print on a place like TSN.ca

vCash
    Kinsler is a good player sure, but he's a definite product of his environment. He'd still be an above-average 2B with us but hardly the elite talent he is with Texas.

Also, for those dreaming of Harrison/Ogando/Holland from Texas, Gregor Chisholm had this to say
    A more realistic scenario would see the likes of pitchers Martin Perez and Justin Grimm in play for the Rangers. Position players Julio Borbon and Engel Beltre, along with Minor Leaguers Luis Sardinas and Leury Garcia also could enter the mix if the Blue Jays opt to look for more depth on the field.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnerId=rss_tor

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast