Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

chances AA does something at the winter meetings

What do you think the chances are that AA does something big at the
    winter meetings.

I think he's done. (so < 20%)

But I would like to see a LH hitting DH to slot between JB and EE in the lineup.
    Last edited by rubeus; 11-27-2012 at 10:37 AM.

vCash
    I think you mean a LH bat for between them
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    I figure a move or two but nothing really major... I'm fairly sure the marlin trade will be the biggest trade this offseason, for any team.

I suspect we will trade a catcher, maybe trade for or sign a DH. Not expecting much else...

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    DH. Another starter to add depth. Outside chance to get J Upton (?). What else would the Jays need now?

vCash
    If there were to be more signings I'd like to see Adam Laroche, Mike Adams and Kyle Lohse. Not likely to happen but would definitely solidify what's going on with the Jays right now IMO.

vCash
    I still think we need another SP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Cajun View Post
    If there were to be more signings I'd like to see Adam Laroche, Mike Adams and Kyle Lohse. Not likely to happen but would definitely solidify what's going on with the Jays right now IMO.
    Im not really high on Lohse, especially given his contract expectations.... LaRoche is an interesting name though. He had a career year last year but he was certainly playing for a new contract and players in that situation always scare me.... He reportedly wants close to 100 mil - no way the Jays give him that kind of cash but if he brings that number down I'd love to take a shot on him as our DH/1st base split.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Be tough for him to make a move... I think he your looking at JP if anyone they try and move. Other then that I think trades are less likely.

vCash
    I think a trade/signing of at least 1 starter will happen. Right now our rotation has a tonne of question marks. What happens if JJ gets injured? What if Romero is toast? What if Buehrle's age starts to catch up with him?

We NEED another starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Im not really high on Lohse, especially given his contract expectations.... LaRoche is an interesting name though. He had a career year last year but he was certainly playing for a new contract and players in that situation always scare me.... He reportedly wants close to 100 mil - no way the Jays give him that kind of cash but if he brings that number down I'd love to take a shot on him as our DH/1st base split.
    Yeah I mean if the contracts they want are too ridiculous obviously I wouldn't want to sign them. 100 Mil for LaRoche is craziness. I seen on Yahoo saying that Lohse is likely to be the highest overpaid FA too. If he came a good price he'd be a great #4 or 5 guy. Mike Adams is one of the most impressive relievers over the last 4 years from what I've seen.

From 2008-11. Pitcher A: 242 2/3 innings, 266 strikeouts, 1.71 ERA, .179/.234/.275 opponent triple-slash. Pitcher B: 258 1/3 innings, 254 strikeouts, 1.71 ERA, .189/.227/.271.

Pitcher A was Mike Adams. Pitcher B was Mariano Rivera. The next-best ERA among pitchers with at least 240 innings was 2.37.

vCash
    40% chance AA upgrades at DH
    33% chance 1 of JPA/D'Arnaud gets traded
    25% chance we sign/trade for another starter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    33% chance 1 of JPA/D'Arnaud gets traded
    25% chance we sign/trade for another starter
    25% chance 1 of JPA/D'Arnaud gets traded
    50% chance we sign/trade for another starter

vCash
    I don't think there's any chance he's done. Which isn't to be like that other dude and say AA's got some blockbuster cooking, but he's pretty much gone all in with this roster for 2013/14, there's just no way he can be completely happy with what he's got right now. They're still one bat away, they're still seriously lacking depth-wise in the rotation, and the pen could always use another upgrade or two.

vCash
    I can`t see AA sitting on his hands till ST with what we have. He`s never going to stop trying to improve what we have and now he has some assets and money to play with and not have to worry so much about the money as Rogers seems all in this year. Like a kid in a toy store.

SP, DH, and maybe he does in CF what he did at short and say **** this debating , Esc. or Hech. and get another OFèr .

Nothing will surprise me at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    25% chance 1 of JPA/D'Arnaud gets traded
    50% chance we sign/trade for another starter
    Okay

50% upgrades DH. He spoke of 4 areas to upgrade, pitching, 2nd, LF, DH. All done except DH.

25% JPA or TDA gets traded

75% chance we sign or trade for another starter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast