Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Idea: Romero & JPA to Texas?

Hey all

Just read this on tsn.ca:

I don't know if Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News knows something we don't know or if it is just wishful thinking. He is still predicting Ricky Romero and J.P Arencibia will be in Texas by the time the season starts. He also believes the Rangers can land Zach Greinke and Nick Swisher.

Link http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=410114

Probably means nothing because AA seems to keep most things tight lipped, but maybe he knows something?

Personally I am far from ready to give up on Ricky. He should bounce back, I think he was putting to much pressure on himself with all the injuries.Trying to be to perfect or maybe it was his injury.Before last year his career ERA was 3.60.

I like JPA too. Not too sure why everyone wants too trade him. JPA was a 20 hr 80 RBI guy in his first 2 seasons in the league. All while concentrating on his defence. I think its a pretty good bet that JPA will hit for a better average (250+) in the future and hit 25+HR's and 80+RBI's. JPA seems tough and Durable.What scares me about D'arnaud is his health, not sure if he can stand up behind the plate.If we move a catcher i would trade D'arnaud. Maybe at the Deadline for King Felix?

Anyway i think these guys are going no where. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Brock77; 11-23-2012 at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    if its in the news, its not happening

vCash
    I changed the title cause I didn't want people to think they were being traded.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    I like JPA, too. There's a reason he has like 113,000 followers on Twitter -- he's popular. He's embraced the team, the city and the fans better than any current professional athlete in Toronto in my opinion. d'Arnaud would probably fetch more on the market simply because he's been so hyped up lately.

I want both of them though. Can't we just convert JPA to 1B or something?

vCash
    ^^^No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinglorious View Post
    I like JPA, too. There's a reason he has like 113,000 followers on Twitter -- he's popular. He's embraced the team, the city and the fans better than any current professional athlete in Toronto in my opinion. d'Arnaud would probably fetch more on the market simply because he's been so hyped up lately.

I want both of them though. Can't we just convert JPA to 1B or something?
    JPA is a likable player, but hes good at nothing in particular. As Twitchy pointed out in another thread, hes below average offensively as a catcher (ranks 20th in the league once you adjust for park factors). If you move him to first, he will be one of the worse first basemen in the game as they have the greatest offensive output compared to any other position. His value only lies in being a catcher. d'Arnaud is above average defensively, and has been a lot better offensively throughout his minor league career when compared to Arencibia. Only way they both exist on this team is if Arencibia is the backup catcher
    Last edited by Farsight; 11-23-2012 at 02:55 PM.

vCash
    IIRC Evan Grant has published some sort of anti-Canadian story in the past. I am guessing he is hoping to rip off the team because of the country we are based in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    IIRC Evan Grant has published some sort of anti-Canadian story in the past. I am guessing he is hoping to rip off the team because of the country we are based in.
    I take that back. I think I confused him with someone else. Evan Grant is the guy who voted for Michael Young for the 2011 MVP. he is a baseball expert.

vCash
    Wasn't he the one who broke the Darvish to Texas thing?? I remember there was a Texas writer who was the first to call that before everyone else knew

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    If anything I think we have a base already in place and AA is probably trying to push to get more or waiting until the winter meetings are over to see what the best offer he'll get will be out of desperation.

But I still feel Romero can fetch us a lot more if he's traded to the Royals because we can be good trading partners.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I just can't see AA dealing Romero after a down year, unless he feels like it's only gonna get worse with Ricky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    I just can't see AA dealing Romero after a down year, unless he feels like it's only gonna get worse with Ricky
    I know it can go either way and there are actually reasons you can give for keeping him and letting him go because selling high on him now wouldn't be a bad idea.

But the problem is his contract is soooo nice that I don't think we'd want to let go of that. It's rare to find pitcher on that great a contract now this far into their tenure.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Same here. Unless the return is great, it is not worth trading Ricky when his value is so low.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I know it can go either way and there are actually reasons you can give for keeping him and letting him go because selling high on him now wouldn't be a bad idea.

But the problem is his contract is soooo nice that I don't think we'd want to let go of that. It's rare to find pitcher on that great a contract now this far into their tenure.
    THis would be selling LOW not high on romero

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I take that back. I think I confused him with someone else. Evan Grant is the guy who voted for Michael Young for the 2011 MVP. he is a baseball expert.
    No, you had it right the first time. That vote would confirm he is anything but a baseball expert haha.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast