Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Would Jerry Sloan be the best coach for the Sacramento Kings?

They are a team with a lot of talent but dont play well together because they have been poorly coached.

Would Jerry Sloan be the coach who can make the Kings a competitive team?

Mainly getting the most out of DeMarcus Cousins & Tyreke Evans.

Both guys could be stars if they had a coach who made them play harder.

vCash
    I'd like to see what Jeff or Stan Van Gundy could do with the Kings. They have a lot of talent; they just need a voice to put it all together.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    I agree, it would be interesting to see what a good coach could do with that team. Ive been waiting for them to start contending for the playoffs, but they still cant seem to put it together.

vCash
    no, sloan is a no-nonsense kinda coach. He's earned his respect, and i see too many immature young players on that roster to mesh with him as a coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    I'd like to see what Jeff or Stan Van Gundy could do with the Kings. They have a lot of talent; they just need a voice to put it all together.
    Stan Van Gundy accepted the Kings job only to make a back deal and take the Magic job within hours. It was a somewhat big story that was forgotten behind Billy Donovan's resignation after a few days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    no, sloan is a no-nonsense kinda coach. He's earned his respect, and i see too many immature young players on that roster to mesh with him as a coach
    Most teams in the league have young players with similar attitudes.

Its just a new generation of NBA players than the old days.

Sloan would have to mold these guys into the players he wants them to be, and its not like it hasn't been done before. If he has some say in management decisions like Poppovich, Rivers, and a few others have then I could see them being forced to buy into what Sloan wants.

Mainly Cousins. He's a knucklehead who could either be a superstar or just another Vin Baker/Eddy Curry story.

vCash
    No Point Guard, especially not Jimmer Freddette, will be like John Stockton. Cousins & Tyreke will not be anything like the Jazz. He would laugh his *** of if Kings offered. They should of called when they had C.Webber and Jason or Bibby.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Stan Van Gundy accepted the Kings job only to make a back deal and take the Magic job within hours. It was a somewhat big story that was forgotten behind Billy Donovan's resignation after a few days.
    I remember but I don't recall it being a big deal. I don't think they'd have any qualms with trying again with him. They both need second chances and each side stands to benefit immensely if something did happen.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Most teams in the league have young players with similar attitudes.

Its just a new generation of NBA players than the old days.

Sloan would have to mold these guys into the players he wants them to be, and its not like it hasn't been done before. If he has some say in management decisions like Poppovich, Rivers, and a few others have then I could see them being forced to buy into what Sloan wants.

Mainly Cousins. He's a knucklehead who could either be a superstar or just another Vin Baker/Eddy Curry story.
    maybe so, but sometimes coaching passes the coach by. See Lenny Wilkens. Guy just can't teacht eh game to today's youth, despite his extremely long resume. Sloan is one of the best coaches of all time, but his style isn't universal, and I have my doubts about if he could handle the kings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarvingKnick22 View Post
    No Point Guard, especially not Jimmer Freddette, will be like John Stockton. Cousins & Tyreke will not be anything like the Jazz. He would laugh his *** of if Kings offered. They should of called when they had C.Webber and Jason or Bibby.
    Why? Adelman was plenty good enough. The problem was that no one was getting through those Lakers and Spurs teams (except, you know, in 2002, but that's another story)

Anyway, I like Keith Smart, but he's obviously got some limitations. His rotations are weird and playing time is all over the place. We also still don't have much of a half-court offense at all. It's better than it was with Westphal, but that's saying nothing. Our defense is much improved though. Statistically it is still near the bottom and still needs work (especially on the perimeter), but I blame a lot of that on our anemic offense and turnovers.

We need a coach that will discipline and get the team playing like a team more consistently. We see flashes of what they could be every now and then, but they haven't been able to keep it up for more than a few games before falling back to going iso every possession. Sloan or a Van Gundy would be great, I just doubt that the Maloofs would want to spend the money or that any of those coaches would want to coach a team owned by the Maloofs.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Why? Adelman was plenty good enough. The problem was that no one was getting through those Lakers and Spurs teams (except, you know, in 2002, but that's another story)

Anyway, I like Keith Smart, but he's obviously got some limitations. His rotations are weird and playing time is all over the place. We also still don't have much of a half-court offense at all. It's better than it was with Westphal, but that's saying nothing. Our defense is much improved though. Statistically it is still near the bottom and still needs work (especially on the perimeter), but I blame a lot of that on our anemic offense and turnovers.

We need a coach that will discipline and get the team playing like a team more consistently. We see flashes of what they could be every now and then, but they haven't been able to keep it up for more than a few games before falling back to going iso every possession. Sloan or a Van Gundy would be great, I just doubt that the Maloofs would want to spend the money or that any of those coaches would want to coach a team owned by the Maloofs.
    Goddamn, I miss those days. Some of the best and exciting basketball in my lifetime, at least. Teams each built around different styles, playing at the top level, all fighting tooth and nail for the top spot.