Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    It doesn't matter where they were drafted. Jonas is our best rebounder and shot blocker. He also scores very efficiently shooting 50% from the field and 78% from the FT line. He deserves to be starting. (He also deserves more touches while he is on the floor...)
    how did we find out that jonas is currently our best rebounder and best shot blocker ? by playing him. ross could be our best long range shooter and perimiter defender if given a chance to prove it.

id rather get the most out of our young talent so that we can finish higher then an 8th seed next season or the season after next. sneaking in to the playoffs and attaining the last spot is simply not impressive to me as we have done that with bosh and some mediocre players.

the point of the rebuild was to surpass that first round exit and the only way to do that is to maximize on the young talent we have and get the most out of our draft picks. not burrying them on the bench for guys like fields or kleiza or even anderson. i like those guys but i hope ross can be a better over all player then them but we have to let him play.

even with anderon and fields out ross is still seeing very limited mins. its not like we could do any worst then we are now. we have injured guys, we need to give this kid a chance.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-23-2012 at 04:24 PM.

vCash
    he needs to work on his strength and attack. im yet to see him go to the rim off the dribble so whatever theyve put derozan through the last 4 years is what he needs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Casey said that he'll play Ross when he adapts defensively.
    Because apparently the rest of our players are doing such a good job at that lol I seriously don't understand the criticisms of him. Yes, he has made a few rookie mistakes, but so far he looks like an above average defender. He's managed to get a steal every game he has gotten 10+ minutes in.
    Last edited by kenzo400; 11-23-2012 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dalton749 View Post
    he needs to work on his strength and attack. im yet to see him go to the rim off the dribble so whatever theyve put derozan through the last 4 years is what he needs
    yeah but with DeRozen already doing those things, it frees up Ross to do what he does so well, make the jumper. I wouldn't mind seeing a backcourt of Dero, Ross, Lowry, or Dero, Ross, and Jose for significant stretches of games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    yeah but with DeRozen already doing those things, it frees up Ross to do what he does so well, make the jumper. I wouldn't mind seeing a backcourt of Dero, Ross, Lowry, or Dero, Ross, and Jose for significant stretches of games.
    so now were building around demar because it wasnt a good idea with bargs?lol

vCash
    It was never a good idea with Bargs. Might as well go with Derozan now.

vCash
    We should be building around Derozan. I think Lowry and Jonas goes well with his style of play. But I think we need Ross in there as the guy to knock down those outside jumpers when defenses collapse on lowry and derozan or double team.

vCash
    I love Ross. I definitely think he should be starting right now, as I think in a few years the combo of Lowry and him could be deadly. Hell, it could be deadly this year.

vCash
    We arnt really building around anyone right now. Just trying to get best talent we can. Derozan is obviously a big part for Raptors now moving forward but I'd say BC is still looking for a SF or maybe even a stretch 4 since the league is getting smaller, but I'm just guessing there.

vCash
    Ross is going to be a all-star or close to it, book it
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    If he got the mins, he could probably have the same impact as Klay Thompson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    If he got the mins, he could probably have the same impact as Klay Thompson.
    except WAYYY better defensively. klay is nothing but a scorer. i think ross has the ability to play GOOD defence. i like that he causes a LOT of deflections and is always moving.

2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    We should be building around Derozan. I think Lowry and Jonas goes well with his style of play. But I think we need Ross in there as the guy to knock down those outside jumpers when defenses collapse on lowry and derozan or double team.
    agreed 100 percent.. i will go out on a limb even with his limited playing time and say that ross is the best outside shooter we have minus lowry and maybe jose. his jumper is too nice to be buried on the bench.

i still don't know if i wanna see ross starting just yet but i do think he should be given a lot more minutes.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor17 View Post
    We arnt really building around anyone right now. Just trying to get best talent we can. Derozan is obviously a big part for Raptors now moving forward but I'd say BC is still looking for a SF or maybe even a stretch 4 since the league is getting smaller, but I'm just guessing there.
    if dero continues to get stronger and ross gets stronger i think lowry dero ross and val will be the pieces we build around a la the pistons of the 2000's and i have no problem with that.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Hes looked a helluva lot better than derozan did in his rookie year

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast