Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Demar - hope for development re-sparked

Hey guys, just thought I'd get your opinion on something that I've been noticing the last few games.

Since he's come into the league, all I had seen from DD was a lack of taking it to the hole, predictability when he actually did (always same hand, that spin) and disappearing in other aspects of the game.

Watching the last few games, I'm getting the sense that his one on one game really took strides. He looks a lot more comfortable with his dribble, looks like he has more moves that he's using playing in that situation, etc. Also he's obviously driving to the hole and getting to the line a lot more and he's actually rebounding...

The hope I had for him actually turning into a top tier player has suddenly re-sparked. What do you guys think of his early season efforts and what are your feelings about Demar's future as a player?
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

vCash
    Like I've always said he would be: High teens scorer with more efficiency.

vCash
    If he improves his efficiency and rebounding slightly each season over the course of his contract I am happy. An increase in assists would be awesome as well.

From what I have seen so far this season his improvement might be happening faster then I anticipated. Now if only Bargs and him could figure it out together.

vCash
    An inefficient scorer with bad defense

vCash
    I like DD's progression and the fact that he's exceeded some people's expectations. I'd like to see him attack the basket with a more ferocious manner, though. He still looks a bit timid and unsure. Like...ok, when you see guys like Kobe, LeBron, Durant, JR Smith, etc. drive to the basket, they go with a purpose. Like, they're gonna drive the ball and try to dunk it, no matter what happens. Foul or no foul. It's a win-win for him but...the ONLY problem I see there are the refs, I'm sorry. But, overall, I'm very pleased with his development. Like the saying goes: "Numbers don't lie, people do."

Adversaree & Phat Tony Present: Super Emcee

GameBreaker aka Adversaree aka Anakin Slangwalker:PioneerGang
    http://adversareepioneergangmusic.ba...-barz-sinister
    Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKvth...ture=g-all-lik

vCash
    he turned into exactly what scouts said he would in 4 years. check his draft profile

vCash
    i like what i'm seeing from him so far & i can see him improving more... but I would like to see him more aggressive & take charge & ask for the ball when the team is struggling & on a drought like what we saw on those bad quarters on the first 6 games

vCash
    He looks and acts stronger. Seems to have more confidence banging with bodies and absorbing contact - that should lead to more ft's. With that in mind, its not surprising that he's a bit more creative with his moves.

Still has trouble beating his man off the dribble. Is a bit of a dumb *** trying to get the foul call sometimes. I doubt he will ever have a good shooting%. But, the free throws will make up for some of that.

His decision making, passing, and defense need to improve.

vCash
    Not that it isn't being done I'm sure, but I think he should work on his passing/creating out of double teams. He still has huge problems with that and the league knows this. Just throw a double at him and he'll more than likely cough it up. But, with that said, I think the team has to do a better job in helping him. I've always noticed that they all stand around watching, as if to see what he'll do with it. Just my observation.

Adversaree & Phat Tony Present: Super Emcee

GameBreaker aka Adversaree aka Anakin Slangwalker:PioneerGang
    http://adversareepioneergangmusic.ba...-barz-sinister
    Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKvth...ture=g-all-lik

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    Not that it isn't being done I'm sure, but I think he should work on his passing/creating out of double teams. He still has huge problems with that and the league knows this. Just throw a double at him and he'll more than likely cough it up. But, with that said, I think the team has to do a better job in helping him. I've always noticed that they all stand around watching, as if to see what he'll do with it. Just my observation.
    i've notice that too the team tends to just stand around no movement & let one guy do it all.. whether in pick in roll, Iso or post ups.. either it's DD, bargs, lowry.. heck there were even time we're Aaron Gray gets a ball o the post & the team just stands around expecting Gray to make a play. We need a better offensive assistant coach so casey can concentrate on defense.
    Last edited by jrap08; 11-12-2012 at 12:35 PM.

vCash
    i haven't had a chance to watch as much as i'd like, but his performance so far has been a pleasant surprise for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    with lowry out and bargnani struggling, demar derozan has really stepped up offensively and is grabbing steals too

he just needs to learn how to pass out of the double teams or how to drive and dish

vCash
    if he keeps improving, then he would be a steal in terms of his contract. at least we didn't give big contracts to W.Chandler or McGee

vCash
    I've enjoyed watching him progress. He still settles for long two's on occasion, but it doesn't appear to be as often as in years prior. His handles continue to get stronger, which is a necessity for someone who needs to learn to make his living driving it to the basket. Overall, I'm impressed early in the season.

vCash
    Derozan is a pretty good basketball player.

GO JAYS GO!!

Follow me @3mikee_

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast