Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Kevin Garnett a Top 10 player to you?

Honestly, I have him as the 2nd best PF (after Duncan) ever and also a top 10 player. I know its arguable that he is neither but do any of you have him in the top 10 of all time?

My reason is because back in his Minnesota days he was a lock for 23 pts, 13 reb, 5 ast 2 blk, 1 stl, 50% shooting. He could even play and defend on the perimeter. But unlike Duncan, Shaq, Webber, Dirk, Wallace, J. O'Neal he had no help to win anything. His next best player during his years in Minny was Wally Szczerbiak. You can't compare that to David Robinson, Kobe, Artest/Miller, Peja/Bibby, or Nash/Finley. The second he got some help he won a championship and probably would have won back to back years if he didn't get injured, Back to the Finals in 2010, the trade in 011 messed up their chemistry but their 2012 run was magnificent.

His resume speaks for itself but where do you rank him?

vCash
    He's a top 5, maybe top 3 PF. But he isn't a top 10 player of all-time. I think he's more of a top 20 to top 15 at most.

vCash
    Lack of support makes it really hard to evaluate him properly. But even with his circumstances, Im not all that impressed with his playoff performances the way I am with Chuck.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BallinOutOfMind View Post
    He's a top 5, maybe top 3 PF. But he isn't a top 10 player of all-time. I think he's more of a top 20 to top 15 at most.
    Are you ranking players by career resumes? Impact on the floor. Or by who you would draft if you were creating a new franchise.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Are you ranking players by career resumes? Impact on the floor. Or by who you would draft if you were creating a new franchise.
    Off of resume. his stats are great, but his playoff success isnt as great as other players imo. His MVP and Defensive player award would put him in the top 20 or top 15 though.

vCash
    No, not even close. Top 5 PF all time but not top 10 player. To me those top 10 guys dominated their positions at some point. Back in their primes him, C-Webb, and Sheed were all pretty much neck and neck and he couldn't do anything with Duncan....

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BallinOutOfMind View Post
    Off of resume. his stats are great, but his playoff success isnt as great as other players imo. His MVP and Defensive player award would put him in the top 20 or top 15 though.
    So if it were either of the other 2, where would you rank him?

vCash
    Top 20 but def not top 10 by any stretch. His peak seasons rank among the best ever for a PF but his total body of work isn't top 10 material. I personally think Malone and Barkley both have had better careers than KG but because he has a ring I'll slot him just a hair above them and behind Timmy.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    He's around 16-18 on my list last time I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    top 10 of the 000s? yes.
    Top 10 PF ever? Yes. ( top 5 for sure)
    Top 10 player ever? No, not even close.

I would put at least these dudes(no order) before him:
    Magic, Kareem, Wilt, Kobe, Shaq,Oscar Robertson, ,Duncan, D Robinson,Hakeem, Moses Malone, karl malone, John Stockton, Walt Frazier, Bird, Russell, Havlicek, Dr J, Lebron, Jordan, Pippen, I Thomas.

And could argue some others( with stronger or weaker cases) like:
    Rick barry, nate Thurmond,Charles barkley, Adrian Dantley, Elgin baylor, Bill Walton(prime preinjury), George Mikan( in his context), George Gervin, Bernard King, Earl Monroe, Willis reed, patrick Ewing, Cowens, T Archibadl, mchale, parish, Hal Greer, Dolph schayes, Wade, Pettit, D Wilkins, E Hayes, Wes Unseld , Artis Gilmore, W Bellamy, B Lanier, Drexler

so that makes him 22 at best or 50 at Worst.
    Last edited by Hellcrooner; 11-23-2012 at 04:17 PM.

vCash
    Not for me.

Jordan
    Wilt
    Magic
    Bird
    Kareem
    Oscar
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kobe
    Duncan
    Russell
    LeBron
    Dirk
    West
    Admiral
    Stockton

Are all guys I take over him.

Wade, Gervin, Parrish, Nique, Ewing, Drexler, Barkley, Malone, Isaiah, Clyde, Hondo, Malone,

Are in the ball park.

Sure I missed people both sides

vCash
    I guess I'd place him 16-25 range

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    So if it were either of the other 2, where would you rank him?
    If I were ranking him by impact on floor, he'll still be in my top 15 because of the defensive force he brings to a team. look at celtics for example, before he came they were near the bottom in defensive rankings, but he has turned them into a real defensive team.

vCash
    MJ

Wilt
    Kareem
    Magic
    Russell
    Bird
    Shaq
    Kobe
    Hakeem
    Duncan
    Moses
    West
    Oscar
    LeBron
    Dr. J
    KG

I have KG at 16.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    I have him as the second best PF of all time, but not in the top 10 overall. I'd say hes about 15th-20th all time.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast