Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is mostly to blame for the Raps troubles this season?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coach Casey

6 18.75%
  • GM Colangelo

9 28.13%
  • Players

8 25.00%
  • Refs

9 28.13%
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    can't say I fully blame Colangelo. This job is hard as **** considering nobody and their grandmamas want to come to Toronto to play for this piece of **** franchise. But his free agent signings have been god awful...I don't know what in god's name he was thinking signing Fields when everyone knows how crap he is. Kapono and Turk were failures as well. His trades were meh, and his coaching choices were below average. It's tough to put EVERYTHING on him, but if I had a choice, I wouldn't hesitate to let him walk since he expires after this season anyways.
    He's failed, there's no defending it.

Started with the failed tank season.

Trading JJ for a 2nd rounder who's better than any option on the team including his over priced FA signing, Fields. I don't know if anyone noticed but Amir was guarding Prince at one point in this game. Raptors, getting no offense & little defense from the spot.

Ross over Drummond, need over potential, Ross was said to be NBA ready, he's not.

Let Bayless walk could have used his offensive spark off the bench

Traded Barbosa for cap space, which resulted in Fields.

2013 pick for 2ys of Lowry, who may not resign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_ory_2005 View Post
    I can't really blame BC. We have the talent this season to compete for a playoff spot. But the coach has made numerous mistakes thus far. And mixed in with Lowry's injury and the inconsistency of our main guys, they should be taking most of the blame. But I guess we can't fire the players, so everything falls back on BC.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    funny thing is we probably would have won this game last year
    Would have had JJ to put on Prince last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    He's failed, there's no defending it.

Started with the failed tank season.

Trading JJ for a 2nd rounder who's better than any option on the team including his over priced FA signing, Fields. I don't know if anyone noticed but Amir was guarding Prince at one point in this game. Raptors, getting no offense & little defense from the spot.
    I don't like Johnson at all and even I agree.

Ross over Drummond, need over potential, Ross was said to be NBA ready, he's not.
    I can't say that I blame him, because we already have Val and it'd be hard to develop 2 very raw bigs, and everyone was crying over wing help. I think Drummond would've made great trade bait though, and Ross was a reach according to almost everybody including analysts.

Let Bayless walk could have used his offensive spark off the bench
    agree with this but Bayless had his big group of haters. I was in the minority of liking him. Bayless is w/o a doubt better than JL3...so there's no excuse there for BC.

Traded Barbosa for cap space, which resulted in Fields.
    I think the signing was worse than the trade.

2013 pick for 2ys of Lowry, who may not resign.
    also don't blame him here. I don't think any of us thought we'd be this garbage this fast since Lowry was supposedly a pretty big upgrade, but he sold the fanbase on us having enough young talent and being ready to contend for a playoff spot, so I guess this part depends on how you wanna look at it.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 11-23-2012 at 11:54 PM.

vCash
    also don't blame him here. I don't think any of us thought we'd be this garbage this fast since Lowry was supposedly a pretty big upgrade, but he sold the fanbase on us having enough young talent and being ready to contend for a playoff spot, so I guess this part depends on how you wanna look at it.
    Refs & injury compounded the problem, Raptors could easily be sitting at 5-6 wins.

They may even turn the season around still, doesn't change the fact BC failed to advantage what he had at his disposal.

vCash
    is it me or Derozan plays "worse" with Lowry running the show. two straight games where Bargnani has gotten his touches and scores and Lowry as well but Derozan has stunk it up.

whats going on here? I thought we were supposed to see some consistency from here on out. Looks like Derozan needs a pg like Calderon to give it up to him.

vCash
    he played well with Lowry the first 2 games, while bargs played crap

vCash
    hes had some good games with lowry i think it has more to do with the defenders hes been seeing lately combined with the fact hes gassed after playing a million minutes the past few games.

vCash
    he played well with Lowry the first 2 games, while bargs played crap
    how did Derozan play? didn't get a chance to watch it tonight. 2-9? damn son.

was it close at the end? another 1 point loss. Are we gonna be a team that has a record of losing games less than 5 points stick out at the end?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post

was it close at the end? another 1 point loss. Are we gonna be a team that has a record of losing games less than 5 points stick out at the end?
    i never saw it either...i was at work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    hes had some good games with lowry i think it has more to do with the defenders hes been seeing lately combined with the fact hes gassed after playing a million minutes the past few games.
    i don't want to say it but that's no excuse. remember this is an 82 game season. if he's tired now, holy **** we're going to be in for a long season.

and of course i'll throw in the blame game at Casey but what can he do when the bench is void of consistent play from Ross and Klieza, who both has seen inconsistent playing time. Its more apparent that Casey does not know how to use his players. You can get away with it in a shortened season but we're already seeing in the inexperience. and we're only a handful of games into the season.

vCash
    The Raptors are a ****ing huge joke to the rest of the NBA and most fans in the USA. How the **** can anyone seriously still defend BC. He has turned this entire franchise into a ****ing trainwreck.

vCash
    in other news- great to see Lin's team win over the Knicks. Houston's starters brought their A-game. that was laughable. one of the league's best defenses letting 130+ points.

vCash
    i don't want to say it but that's no excuse. remember this is an 82 game season. if he's tired now, holy **** we're going to be in for a long season.

and of course i'll throw in the blame game at Casey but what can he do when the bench is void of consistent play from Ross and Klieza, who both has seen inconsistent playing time. Its more apparent that Casey does not know how to use his players. You can get away with it in a shortened season but we're already seeing in the inexperience. and we're only a handful of games into the season.
    i mean he did play a 60 minute game than 40 the night after heavy minutes for anyone

vCash

He didn't play well. Prince pretty much locked him up for the entire game.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast