2. Umm.. He's a solid GM. He's not doing the greatest, but he's made a lot of solid moves. 3. I only say this because everyone here was saying how we would be a playoff team. So I naturally assumed people here would still have the same feelings about us being a solid team and not flip flop their opinions every other day.
4. Read 3. Everyone here was circle jerking that we had a good core with Lowry, Jonas, Derozan and solid pieces.
5. He has no direct impact on the results of the game. He's not on the court to coach, assist or play. So I don't see why we should fire him because
I don't understand how the blame for the losses go directly to BC? He did what he could in building a team capable of competing. The reason we lost these games is either because of incompetent coaching, players aren't performing or bad calls.
At the end of the day, sure BC has some blame. But it's stupid and idiotic to hold him solely/mainly accountable while calling for his head when he's not the one making bad coaching decisions, he's not the one missing shots and he's not the one who's getting shitted on by the refs. It's like saying we should hold Casey responsible and fire him because Colangelo signed JL3.
3) What do you mean people flip flop their opinions? When the reality hits and we are obviously not as good as many people thought we would be, then the blame should be on the GM. You cannot expect the fans to be always right in their opinions. They are not the ones running the team. It is the GM's responsibility to put the right pieces together. It's irrelevant whether majority of the fans are able to rationally analyze the roster.
4) Yes, and what's your point. The fans are not the ones putting this team together. A good GM doesn't just cater to the fan base, he puts a good team together whether most people are able to see it at a given time or not.
5) Because he puts the roster together and at the end of the day a team is only as good as their roster. I'm not saying that Casey shouldn't get any blame for our struggles. But you have to analyze BC's whole time here. There are just too many mistakes to account for and let's face it he's been given a pretty good situation. People can make excuses about players not wanting to play in Canada, but in reality the main reason players don't want to play here is because we suck.
Lastly if we want to change the future of this team, we need to let go of the GM. That is the guy that is putting the team together and the coaching staff. Of course it all falls on him at the end of the day.