Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ware vs spencer

vCash
    Blacknell I apologize for the incorrect figures so allow me to post an update; i will go back and edit the original post after this one:

Fact # 1
    Season: (Sack total)/first 11 games
    2005 - 8 / 4
    2006 - 11.5 / 6
    2007 - 14 / 8
    2008 - 20 / 12
    2009 - 11 / 8
    2010 - 15.5 / 9.5
    2011 - 19.5 / 14

Total - 99.5 / 61.5

Average - 14 / 8.8

So, Ware over the 1st 11 games of 2012 has 10 sacks (some sites claim 10.5, but for the sake of argument I'll say 10). His average should be 8.8, yet he's already 1.2 sacks ahead of his average. The correction that Blacknell pointed out actually makes this fact even more beneficial to my point.

Fact #2
    Now in 5 of those seasons Ware had less than his career average by the first 11 games. Even though the averages would have been different at the times the games were played, an overall view illustrates that Ware has had the majority of his seasons under his average by the first 11 games. We can clearly see that on 2 "freak" seasons he had tremendous numbers. Again nothing shows the decline of Ware. We see that in 2008 Ware had only 2 more sacks at this point in the season than his current mark and went on to have his best season.

Blacknell is obviously using the 2008 and 2011 seasons as his benchmarks to define Ware's impact. He's cherry picking Ware's best season's to make his point. Ironically by his definition of Ware's 19.5 sacks being the benchmark we should have traded him after 2009 when he only had 11 total sacks. Yet Ware came back in 2010 with 15.5 then jumped an additional 4 in 2011 to 19.5. If we traded Ware in 2009 because he was under 19.5 sacks he never would have accumulated 19.5 sacks in 2011 as a Cowboy. Again more proof of embellishment.

Fact #3
    Ware's average over the first 11 games of a season is no longer 11.5 due to the correction blacknell pointed out, but now 8.8. Ware in 2012 has 10 sacks, more than his average, yet Blacknell insists Ware is in decline. So even when Ware is ahead of his own curve, based solely on math he's in decline, according to Blacknell's theory.

Fact #4
    Ware averages 14 sacks per season. In 2012 he has 10 with 5 games to go. Ware still averages less than 1 sack per game (actually .78). If we have 5 games left and you multiply the 5 games by Ware's single game average you'll get 3.9. Take his current sack number and add it to his single game average.

Current Sack Total + Total Sum of Single Game Average of games not yet played = Projected end of the season total
    10 + 3.9 (found by taking game average x games left) = 13.9

Ware's single season sack average is 14. So even if Ware just play's his average style of play (which by his stats he's currently ahead of the mark) he'll clearly hit his average, yet to Blacknell this is a decline.

Now I do apologize for the original incorrect data, but the correction pointed out by Blacknell actually makes my point even stronger.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...W/WareDe99.htm
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/.../demarcus-ware

During his first seven seasons, Ware amassed 99.5 sacks. The current career sack leader, Bruce Smith, only had 78 sacks through his first seven season, and Reggie White had a monstrous 110 sacks through his first seven seasons.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...er-sack-leader
    Last edited by thedon01; 11-30-2012 at 02:26 AM.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Lol ok dude were done because for 1 nearly all of your sacks stats were wrong. If he didn't have 19.5 sacks until 2011 how can he play in a decline his whole career? Now you just talking out of your arse and throwing out random BS. You know and did not think thats what I meant and nobody else in the world would figure thats what i meant. LOL thats all I can say about that..

I said Ware was a gamechanger and in your mind you assume that means he is a CB,SS,FS,DE,MLB and I have never heard that as the defintion of a game changer.

How does big plays not come to mind a sign of embellishment? Do you even know what the word means? Yes one can put up more sacks than they average its very possible and its possible in nearly everything. If Kobe averages 27 points a game can he not put 81 points in a game? If i average 77 yards a game can i not get 150 yards in a game? I'm pretty sure you don't know what embellish means.

Embellish-is basically adding stuff in to make something seem better than it is.
    If i say he is on the decline because he isn't getting sacks that is not embellishment.
    I told you i was fixing the data, please refer to the last post. I told you i made a mistake and was going to correct it. Read the post. Lastly the correction actually makes my point even more clear, so thank you.

Don't forget all the other wrong sack totals you had that i said. I'm sure you just made some sack totals up or using the ones you got in Maddden
    Don't be a ninnyhammer and start with insults. Go ahead and create a poll in this forum for the sake of argument and ask the question "is ware in decline"
    Last edited by thedon01; 11-28-2012 at 04:52 PM.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    You're right i miscalculated something, let me go back and correct this.
    You're really going to argue the the picayune .5. Are you just trying to be argumentative?
    You really need stop wasting your time with well thought out and well written arguments in this thread. They fall on "blind eyes" in this place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeShaunMarShawn View Post
    You really need stop wasting your time with well thought out and well written arguments in this thread. They fall on "blind eyes" in this place.
    Well I'm certainly not going to follow the homerism of some (not you) who choose to disregard the facts. If I don't offer some kind of realism than I might as well not post at all, but thank you for the tip.
    Last edited by thedon01; 11-29-2012 at 10:46 PM.

"

vCash
    Well I'm certainly not going to follow the homerism of some (not you) who choose not disregard the facts. If I don't offer some kind of realism than I might as well not post at all, but thank you for the tip.
    Sorry that was supposed to come off as a compliment to your posts, as in they are such well thought out and written and it appears that some time and effort were put into them but they only receive simple mind responses and juvenile threats.

Anyways keep up the good work.

vCash
    thank you!

"

vCash
    I'm not certain, but it almost seems like an actual debate has broken out??? I an going to cry.....sniff, sniff...fred is happy

vCash
    id still, blacknell, want to know how you get past the salary cap issue of trading dware?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    id still, blacknell, want to know how you get past the salary cap issue of trading dware?
    I don't know how we would work the salary cap issue, i'm just speaking on something that will not happen but I wouldn't mind if it did. With the restructure of his contract awhile back I don't even know what his cap figure is. If the Salary cap looked good and we could get 2 first and a 3rd it would be a disgrace to America if we don't do it though.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    I told you i was fixing the data, please refer to the last post. I told you i made a mistake and was going to correct it. Read the post. Lastly the correction actually makes my point even more clear, so thank you.

Don't be a ninnyhammer and start with insults. Go ahead and create a poll in this forum for the sake of argument and ask the question "is ware in decline"
    I didn't see the edit you did before I responded back to you, but thank you for the updated correct info. Also you know starting a thread in the Cowboys form about Ware would yield nothing but praise from him. Even though you know that some post have been said about his play this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I'm not certain, but it almost seems like an actual debate has broken out??? I an going to cry.....sniff, sniff...fred is happy
    And it's been pretty civil!

I didn't see the edit you did before I responded back to you, but thank you for the updated correct info. Also you know starting a thread in the Cowboys form about Ware would yield nothing but praise from him. Even though you know that some post have been said about his play this season
    Sure thing and again i apologize for putting up the wrong info. My mind was in two places at the time. Even though we may disagree, i hope you understand nothing is personal.

"

vCash
    And it's been pretty civil!

Sure thing and again i apologize for putting up the wrong info. My mind was in two places at the time. Even though we may disagree, i hope you understand nothing is personal.
    I tend not to take anything personal and don't mind hearing others opinions

vCash
    Don is the best debater I've ever encountered on the Internet. The best thing about him is that he never gets offensive and always sticks to his points. We should nominate him for master debater of the year lol

titties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    Don is the best debater I've ever encountered on the Internet. The best thing about him is that he never gets offensive and always sticks to his points. We should nominate him for master debater of the year lol
    surely, he is the

MASTERdeBATER!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    thank you, but i've had my ugly moments in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    surely, he is the

MASTERdeBATER!
    hahaha i was waiting for that!!

"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345