There is no comparison between these 2. Lets look at this in a more broad perspective. Who has been more.consistant during their tenure here in Dallas? Im happy Spencer is having a good season, but Ware has been doing it for years. Maybe if Spencer played with this level of enthusiasm since his arrival we would have had more success on defense. Aside from this season the last time I can recall him having an impact an a game was back in '09 vs NO when we gave them their first loss that season.
2. The Steelers do have a true NT and very consistent DE's.
3. Regardless of your theory you're still using a ballooned 2012 season to make the argument of how good Spencer is. That argument was never made in 2011, 2010, or before that. That's cherry picking a statistic to make an argument. There's no real evidence to support the idea.
4. Now if 2013 is like 2012 then you have a better argument.
5. I agree about Spencer's strength being against the run because his position is used for such. Now if you included a real NT in this defense then Spencer would be free to blitz more frequently. However just because he'd have more opportunities doesn't mean he'll have better pass rush statistics. We can argue that his position would have more opportunities, but can't argue that he'd have 10+ sacks.
6. You did make reference about the Woodley and Harrison, but take a look at Woodley's sack numbers vs Spencer's. You could also see that Woodley has had far less tackles that Spencer, probably due to the impact of the front 3 of the Steeler's defense compared to that of Dallas. The Steeler's front 3 has been very dominate against the run and opening up lanes for the linebackers for many years now. Take a look at Keisel, Smith, and Hampton's numbers vs the equivalent of the Cowboys and you can see who's better performed in certain situations, so as the comparison of Woodley and Harrison vs that of Ware of Spencer may look like an accurate analogy in a certain situation it's not entirely accurate.
Last edited by thedon01; 11-24-2012 at 02:41 AM.
"No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"
My concern would be, that he is only playing this good because he is playing for a contract. Im not sure he has ever had this type of production before, and it somewhat concerns me that he is only started showing this after he was franchised...
i might consider franchising him again if im the cowboys.
IMO, Spencer has had a very good year, and a less-than-stellar career...for 2012, Spencer has been pretty good and I am thankful he is there...he seems to be in a lot of places on the field (you hear his name called a lot)...I agree with Rawz that I might consider franchising him to see if he is working for a contract...the real issue with the defense is that we have had OODLES of injuries that have affected the team's ability to be a dynamic defense.
* Ratliff missed a lot of time - puts more pressure on Ware whop gets doubled even more
* Lee gone, enough said for our defensive MVP prior to the injury
* Jenkins has missed a lot of time
* Carter? who knows what his injury holds
* Church - just when we get someone that looks like they can play Safety, he gets hurt
* OTHERES - Lissemore (I had high hopes for him taking up space and being an animal on the line); Lemon (a good ST player and boy could we use him now); Johnson (Matt) - looked like he had potential to play safety and be a missing element
My point of all of this is that Spencer has been one of the consistent guys in the defense for the entire season for the most part. the defense has no continuity and it shows. Can he do it consistently? Who knows, he hasn't shown consistency from one year to the next...let's hope that he does and for Dallas...if he wants the big contract, then IMO, let him walk and find it elsewhere...if he wants to be in Dallas then sign a reasonable contract...I hope the GM doesn't overpay based on one year of better than average play...
He had a similar year last year
He had a similar stat year if you look at his entire season vs 11 games from this year...
2012 Spencer > 2011 Spencer
demarcus is a great player, I'll start off by saying that...but I've lost my faith in him as in being a winner... the guy don't care if he wins or loses... him or spencer...a camera caught those 2 on the sidelines laughing and giggling like 2 little *****es when we were down BY ALOT OF POINTS...that's complete ******** on their on part... I'm sick of this garbage. This team is full of players with no heart and guys who don't care if they win OR LOSE...5 and 6 is completely unacceptable for the Dallas Cowboys... they are distgusting to watch anymore... I love them and always will, but I'm sick of this ****... it starts with the head coach, always making excuses all the damn time,,, stick IT up your *** Jason, your a horrible play caller and a horrible head coach, your players don't respect you because your a red headed sissy boy who is afraid to get into the players faces or a refs face. The team is just like you Jason and that's why were losing... we need more players like Dez Bryant.. guys who wanna kick some *** and take some names.. all i gotta say, dhall is lucky dez didnt **** him up right on the spot... then dhall goes and apologizes to dez, we need more players that are willing to **** somebody up on the football field, fighters, hard workers, playmakers, tough *** men... dez refrained himself from smashing dhalls face, that right there shows that dez is maturing, and it's clearly showing on the field... we need more players like him, in every aspect... dez is bad man all the way around...dallas cowboys are full of *******, guys that get beat up on the field and then laugh and make excuses asbout it... I HATE IT
Last edited by americasteam88; 11-24-2012 at 12:30 PM.
aww Fred, according to the last guy you've got to take your ball and go home. Your obviously not allowed to speak your mind.
Last edited by thedon01; 11-24-2012 at 03:51 PM.
"No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"
in before Am gets banned for being Chi's dupe lol.