Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ware vs spencer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Ware has been horrible this season, we should move him now and get a two 1st and a 3rd for him
    You have completely lost your mind

vCash
    There is no comparison between these 2. Lets look at this in a more broad perspective. Who has been more.consistant during their tenure here in Dallas? Im happy Spencer is having a good season, but Ware has been doing it for years. Maybe if Spencer played with this level of enthusiasm since his arrival we would have had more success on defense. Aside from this season the last time I can recall him having an impact an a game was back in '09 vs NO when we gave them their first loss that season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    I said he would have 10+ sacks. I didn't say he would match ware. Look at woodley and Harrison of the steelers. Harrison is to them what ware is to us, the dominate pass rusher who is good against the run. Woodley is to them what spencer is to us, the dominate run stopper who can also get consistent pressure on opposing qbs. Only difference is, spencer drops into coverage more often. Ware is one of, if not the best player on our team without a doubt, one of the best defenders and is arguably the best pass rusher in the league. His strength is pass rushing. That's his bread and butter. He's no slouch against the run either. Spencer's strength is run stopping. Nearly every time a run goes to his side, or a play developes to his side, he is usually there to stop it for a loss or they only pick up 1-2 yards. He can rush the passer. People act like he can't do that just because his sack numbers aren't higher, but there's more to Spencer's game than getting stats. Spencer is to ware what pippen was to Jordan. Jordan got the better stats and was/is more recognizable than pippen will ever be. But that doesn't mean pippen wasn't a good player. Same goes for Harrison and woodley. People know who Harrison is, but a lot of people probably haven't even heard of woodley. All I'm trying to say is spencer is a good player and doesn't deserve the bad rep he has obtained. I'm done debating this, don is too much for me lol
    1. i agree about the NT idea from a different post.

2. The Steelers do have a true NT and very consistent DE's.

3. Regardless of your theory you're still using a ballooned 2012 season to make the argument of how good Spencer is. That argument was never made in 2011, 2010, or before that. That's cherry picking a statistic to make an argument. There's no real evidence to support the idea.

4. Now if 2013 is like 2012 then you have a better argument.

5. I agree about Spencer's strength being against the run because his position is used for such. Now if you included a real NT in this defense then Spencer would be free to blitz more frequently. However just because he'd have more opportunities doesn't mean he'll have better pass rush statistics. We can argue that his position would have more opportunities, but can't argue that he'd have 10+ sacks.

6. You did make reference about the Woodley and Harrison, but take a look at Woodley's sack numbers vs Spencer's. You could also see that Woodley has had far less tackles that Spencer, probably due to the impact of the front 3 of the Steeler's defense compared to that of Dallas. The Steeler's front 3 has been very dominate against the run and opening up lanes for the linebackers for many years now. Take a look at Keisel, Smith, and Hampton's numbers vs the equivalent of the Cowboys and you can see who's better performed in certain situations, so as the comparison of Woodley and Harrison vs that of Ware of Spencer may look like an accurate analogy in a certain situation it's not entirely accurate.
    Last edited by thedon01; 11-24-2012 at 02:41 AM.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    My concern would be, that he is only playing this good because he is playing for a contract. Im not sure he has ever had this type of production before, and it somewhat concerns me that he is only started showing this after he was franchised...

i might consider franchising him again if im the cowboys.

vCash
    IMO, Spencer has had a very good year, and a less-than-stellar career...for 2012, Spencer has been pretty good and I am thankful he is there...he seems to be in a lot of places on the field (you hear his name called a lot)...I agree with Rawz that I might consider franchising him to see if he is working for a contract...the real issue with the defense is that we have had OODLES of injuries that have affected the team's ability to be a dynamic defense.

* Ratliff missed a lot of time - puts more pressure on Ware whop gets doubled even more
    * Lee gone, enough said for our defensive MVP prior to the injury
    * Jenkins has missed a lot of time
    * Carter? who knows what his injury holds
    * Church - just when we get someone that looks like they can play Safety, he gets hurt
    * OTHERES - Lissemore (I had high hopes for him taking up space and being an animal on the line); Lemon (a good ST player and boy could we use him now); Johnson (Matt) - looked like he had potential to play safety and be a missing element

My point of all of this is that Spencer has been one of the consistent guys in the defense for the entire season for the most part. the defense has no continuity and it shows. Can he do it consistently? Who knows, he hasn't shown consistency from one year to the next...let's hope that he does and for Dallas...if he wants the big contract, then IMO, let him walk and find it elsewhere...if he wants to be in Dallas then sign a reasonable contract...I hope the GM doesn't overpay based on one year of better than average play...

vCash
    He had a similar year last year

titties

vCash
    He had a similar stat year if you look at his entire season vs 11 games from this year...

2012 Spencer > 2011 Spencer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    He had a similar stat year if you look at his entire season vs 11 games from this year...

2012 Spencer > 2011 Spencer
    Don't forget he dropped into coverage more often last year than he's doing now. It seems like that's something people refuse to take into account.

titties

vCash
    demarcus is a great player, I'll start off by saying that...but I've lost my faith in him as in being a winner... the guy don't care if he wins or loses... him or spencer...a camera caught those 2 on the sidelines laughing and giggling like 2 little *****es when we were down BY ALOT OF POINTS...that's complete ******** on their on part... I'm sick of this garbage. This team is full of players with no heart and guys who don't care if they win OR LOSE...5 and 6 is completely unacceptable for the Dallas Cowboys... they are distgusting to watch anymore... I love them and always will, but I'm sick of this ****... it starts with the head coach, always making excuses all the damn time,,, stick IT up your *** Jason, your a horrible play caller and a horrible head coach, your players don't respect you because your a red headed sissy boy who is afraid to get into the players faces or a refs face. The team is just like you Jason and that's why were losing... we need more players like Dez Bryant.. guys who wanna kick some *** and take some names.. all i gotta say, dhall is lucky dez didnt **** him up right on the spot... then dhall goes and apologizes to dez, we need more players that are willing to **** somebody up on the football field, fighters, hard workers, playmakers, tough *** men... dez refrained himself from smashing dhalls face, that right there shows that dez is maturing, and it's clearly showing on the field... we need more players like him, in every aspect... dez is bad man all the way around...dallas cowboys are full of *******, guys that get beat up on the field and then laugh and make excuses asbout it... I HATE IT
    Last edited by americasteam88; 11-24-2012 at 12:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    Don't forget he dropped into coverage more often last year than he's doing now. It seems like that's something people refuse to take into account.
    don't get me wrong, I was one of the guys supporting bringing spencer back, but I think he is a better player this year, than last...I also think he had a solid year last year..

Quote Originally Posted by americasteam88 View Post
    demarcus is a great player, I'll start off by saying that...but I've lost my faith in him as in being a winner... the guy don't care if he wins or loses... him or spencer...a camera caught those 2 on the sidelines laughing and giggling like 2 little *****es when we were down BY ALOT OF POINTS...that's complete ******** on their on part... I'm sick of this garbage. This team is full of players with no heart and guys who don't care if they win OR LOSE...5 and 6 is completely unacceptable for the Dallas Cowboys... they are distgusting to watch anymore... I love them and always will, but I'm sick of this ****... it starts with the head coach, always making excuses all the damn time,,, stick IT up your *** Jason, your a horrible play caller and a horrible head coach, your players don't respect you because your a red headed sissy boy who is afraid to get into the players faces or a refs face. The team is just like you Jason and that's why were losing... we need more players like Dez Bryant.. guys who wanna kick some *** and take some names.. all i gotta say, dhall is lucky dez didnt **** him up right on the spot... then dhall goes and apologizes to dez, we need more players that are willing to **** somebody up on the football field, fighters, hard workers, playmakers, tough *** men... dez refrained himself from smashing dhalls face, that right there shows that dez is maturing, and it's clearly showing on the field... we need more players like him, in every aspect... dez is bad man all the way around...dallas cowboys are full of *******, guys that get beat up on the field and then laugh and make excuses asbout it... I HATE IT
    um, time to count to 10...breath....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    don't get me wrong, I was one of the guys supporting bringing spencer back, but I think he is a better player this year, than last...I also think he had a solid year last year..

um, time to count to 10...breath....
    time for you to mind your business...truth hurts doesnt it...funny guy

vCash
    aww Fred, according to the last guy you've got to take your ball and go home. Your obviously not allowed to speak your mind.
    Last edited by thedon01; 11-24-2012 at 03:51 PM.

"

vCash
    in before Am gets banned for being Chi's dupe lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Ware has been horrible this season, we should move him now and get a two 1st and a 3rd for him
    Go away troll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    in before Am gets banned for being Chi's dupe lol.
    You know what's ironic? In his last post he talks about honesty, yet many already believe he's being dishonest about his true identity.

"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast