Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75

Thread: Ware vs spencer

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    2,477
    vCash
    1500

    Ware vs spencer

    This isn't a thread saying spencer is better than ware, this is a thread for showing people who think spencer isn't that good, how good he is. People always complain about spencer, saying he doesn't put up enough stats, especially opposite ware. I looked at their stats so far and all things considered, spence is playing better than ware. Ware gets doubled often and spencer drops into coverage (can't find an exact stat anywhere so this is a rough estimate) at least 25-30% more than ware does.
    Lets look at their last 3 games.

    Ware: 7 tackles, 5 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 1 sack

    Spencer: 20 tackles, 14 solo, 6 assisted, 3.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 pass deflection

    Now lets take a look at their season totals so far.

    Ware: 45 tackles, 27 solo, 18 assisted, 10 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery

    Spencer: 57 tackles, 36 solo, 21 assisted, 6.5 sacks (career high), 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, 2 pass deflections.

    Spencer has (at least arguably) been outplaying ware this year. People may say "yea but ware gets double teamed a lot" and while that is true, jj watt was getting doubled teamed, sometimes triple teamed yesterday, and has been facing a double team quite often this year, yet he has better stats than ware. Then people will probably say something like "ware is the only person on the defense that gets any pressure" if that were true then nobody else would have any sacks or qb pressure or qb hits. Considering the amount of time spencer drops into coverage, it's safe to say he's been generating more pressure than ware this year. You also have to look at the way the two are built. Ware is 6'4 260 and really built for rushing the passer. Spencer is slightly smaller at 6'3 250 and built more for the run. I'm not trying to talk down on ware, nor am I saying that spencer is better than ware. I'm just tired of people severely underestimating spencer. I admit I didn't really care for him until last year when I started paying more attention to him, now I love the guy. Maybe my attempt at changing y'all perception of spencer is futile, but at least I'm trying. again, not saying ware sucks or that spencer is better than him, just saying how good spencer has been
    Last edited by Auseranami; 11-23-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: It was a bit misleading

    titties

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    34,946
    vCash
    1500
    Lol since I callled Spencer out a bit he's been phenomenal. He's earing a big deal.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    2,477
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Lol since I callled Spencer out a bit he's been phenomenal. He's earing a big deal.
    Too bad it'll prolly be with a different team.

    titties

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,483
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    Too bad it'll prolly be with a different team.
    Can't see Jerry letting him go. I think his contract is going to be something like 5 years, $47.5 million.
    Last edited by Romo2TheOscars; 11-23-2012 at 02:29 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Baby
    Posts
    4,517
    vCash
    1500
    Ware has been horrible this season, we should move him now and get a two 1st and a 3rd for him
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,847
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Ware has been horrible this season, we should move him now and get a two 1st and a 3rd for him
    Danny McRay has more tackles than Ware. Should we hang onto him and let the most consistent defensive player the Cowboys have seen in over a decade go because of less than stellar 2012 campaign? Come on now

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    2,477
    vCash
    1500

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Baby
    Posts
    4,517
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Danny McRay has more tackles than Ware. Should we hang onto him and let the most consistent defensive player the Cowboys have seen in over a decade go because of less than stellar 2012 campaign? Come on now
    I don't believe i have said anything about tackles at all. Ware hasn't been dominant at all this season and I have been watching him get manhandled in one on one situations. He is now the 2nd best LB on this team and is close to sliding down to number 3. His pass rush has disappeared and if he can't get to the QB why keep him?
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Ware has been horrible this season, we should move him now and get a two 1st and a 3rd for him
    You have completely lost your mind

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,663
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Ware has been horrible this season, we should move him now and get a two 1st and a 3rd for him
    Go away troll.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,847
    vCash
    1500
    1. you're comparing Spencer in a contract year vs Ware in an off year.

    2. Please take a wider view of things and compare Spencer's career numbers vs Ware's.

    3. Stop cherry picking facts, using something like Spencer's contract year vs Ware's off year to showcase Spencer as a better player than Ware. It's so beyond ludicrous is saddening.

    4. OH MY with the move Ware comments. Because he hasn't had great "numbers" in one season you're ready to ship out the only constant defensive contributor over the last 5 seasons? Why didn't you apply that theory to Spencer over the last 3 seasons? How about Romo this year? Shall I go on?????

    Come on people you've got to be way smarter than this.
    Last edited by thedon01; 11-23-2012 at 02:31 PM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Tx
    Posts
    2,477
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    1. you're comparing Spencer in a contract year vs Ware in an off year.

    2. Please take a wider view of things and compare Spencer's career numbers vs Ware's.

    3. Stop cherry picking facts, using something like Spencer's contract year vs Ware's off year to showcase Spencer as a better player than Ware. It's so beyond ludicrous is saddening.

    4. OH MY with the move Ware comments. Because he hasn't had great "numbers" in one season you're ready to ship out the only constant defensive contributor over the last 5 seasons? Why didn't you apply that theory to Spencer over the last 3 seasons? How about Romo this year? Shall I go on?????

    Come on people you've got to be way smarter than this.
    Never said spencer was a better player. That wasn't the point of this thread. I realize now that the title is pretty misleading, my bad. The point of this thread is to show that spencer is a hell of a lot better than people give him credit for. Just because he doesn't get double digit sack totals, people want to cast his aside and use that money on different things. Letting him go to fill another void is dumb because you're letting go our best defender against the run and the only person besides ware that can get consistent pressure on opposing qbs. If he blitzed as much as ware he would have 10+ sacks a season. Not saying he's as good as ware because ware is one of the best defensive players in the league. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.

    titties

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,847
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    Never said spencer was a better player. That wasn't the point of this thread. I realize now that the title is pretty misleading, my bad. The point of this thread is to show that spencer is a hell of a lot better than people give him credit for. Just because he doesn't get double digit sack totals, people want to cast his aside and use that money on different things. Letting him go to fill another void is dumb because you're letting go our best defender against the run and the only person besides ware that can get consistent pressure on opposing qbs. If he blitzed as much as ware he would have 10+ sacks a season. Not saying he's as good as ware because ware is one of the best defensive players in the league. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.
    This kind of thread only exists because of Spencer's statistics for 2012. No such thread would have existed prior to this season when Spencer was under performing.

    To make your claim that Spencer is far better than people give him credit for is based solely on 2012 numbers not his career totals. So if the majority of his career has been mediocre and then you argue he's actually pretty good based only on 2012 then it's clearly cherry picking a statistic to make your point. It doesn't take the entire career into account.

    Spencer is getting paid top money to do what exactly? If he's not regularly putting up elite star stats due to the amount he's paid why can't you utilize that money for someone who will? Makes perfect sense to me.

    Okay on one hand you say Spencer shouldn't be released or traded or what not because he doesn't get double digit sack numbers than on the other hand you say he's only second to Ware in putting pressure on the QB. We'll that's contradictory. If he puts so much pressure on the QB then why isn't he getting double digit sack numbers??

    in a 3-4 scheme the OLB are used for pressuring and sacking the QB; their equivalent in a 4-3 is the DE.

    The argument about Ware was in regards to someone else's post. you know i'm not attacking you personally. My point is people are "looking" for reasons to favor Spencer and they now have it in 2012, but they haven't had it for a few years. The increased interest in Spencer is ballooned at best. If you want to reward a player for mediocre play over the majority of his career with a long term contract or another tag value is exactly the mentality I'm against.

    I'm not saying Spencer is garbage just not worth what he's being paid or what Jerry will end up paying him. You can find an OLB that can contribute just as much as Spencer has for 2/3's the cost.
    Last edited by thedon01; 11-23-2012 at 07:53 PM.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23,439
    vCash
    1500
    Spencer is a really solid player. He is probably more valuable to Dallas than many other teams due to their extreme lack of depth and pass rush. Who is Dallas going to replace him with if they don't extend him?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    34,946
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think Wares had a terrible year. He's still been a top 10 overall outside presence. He just hasnt been elite.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •