Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Just the thought of Swisher for 4 more years makes me want to throw up.

No way do we bring Swisher back as the poster rruzbyny above suggested.

2013 will not be a "trying year." Please. Stop with the non sense. This team won 95 games and should have won a lot more had they not blown some opportunities.

One move by the Toronto Blue Jays should not put everyone into panic mode. If it does, stop watching baseball.

The Yankees are still considered the best team in this division.

If they bring back Pettitte and Kuroda they are instant favorites to repeat as AL East Champions.

2013 will not be a trying year ... it's only November so the team of course has holes.

Stop over reacting and don't discount how valuable Mariano Rivera can be in the 9th inning again.

The Yankees will fill out their 25 man roster with ball players who will give us a shot to win it all in 2013.

Of that there is no doubt in my mind.
    I don't think its over reacting to be seriously concerned about this offense next year and it has nothing to do with what the Jays did. Sure there are holes right now, difference between years past is that their options to fill those holes are very limited. Good hitters that will improve the offense or match offense from last year don't take 1 year deals.

People can hate Swisher all they want but the bottom line is this team is losing its 2nd best hitter. Unless they are getting Josh Hamilton there will be a drop off in production from RF next year. And considering there is a great chance A-Rod and Tex keep declining and real concern for how Jeter will bounce back they can't lose any production in any spot in this lineup and expect the lineup to be a strong suit.

I don't know how people aren't more concerned with the lineup for next year to be honest. Obviously there is a small chance Cashman could pull off a big move and trade for a bat with some upside but chances are slim. Most likely our OF/DH will be filled by Ichiro/platoon players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I don't think its over reacting to be seriously concerned about this offense next year and it has nothing to do with what the Jays did. Sure there are holes right now, difference between years past is that their options to fill those holes are very limited. Good hitters that will improve the offense or match offense from last year don't take 1 year deals.

People can hate Swisher all they want but the bottom line is this team is losing its 2nd best hitter. Unless they are getting Josh Hamilton there will be a drop off in production from RF next year. And considering there is a great chance A-Rod and Tex keep declining and real concern for how Jeter will bounce back they can't lose any production in any spot in this lineup and expect the lineup to be a strong suit.

I don't know how people aren't more concerned with the lineup for next year to be honest. Obviously there is a small chance Cashman could pull off a big move and trade for a bat with some upside but chances are slim. Most likely our OF/DH will be filled by Ichiro/platoon players.
    Could be that people feel like a change is due. After an inspired 09 campaign the team hasn't really shown much in October the last 3 years with basically the same group. (not like the regular seasons have been juggernauts but I digress...)

I for one am not froggy at all about losing Swish and his 0 for the postseason happy-go-lucky self. The team just needs to go another direction, whether it works or not, cuz the current one simply doesnt get it done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROTOWORLD
    Andy Pettitte - S - Yankees
    According to the New York Daily News, Andy Pettitte has already started his offseason training program.

Pettitte wants to "see how his body will react" before making his return with the Yankees official, but all signs continue to point to him coming back for one more season. Beat writer Mark Feinsand expects a decision to be made before the Winter Meetings in December.

Source: New York Daily News Nov 25 - 7:29 PM
    good news!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    1 year $10M

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    1 year $10M
    Sounds about right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    1 year $10M
    Sounds about right to me. I just wish he would hurry up and make up his mind.
    So the yankees could start on the outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Just the thought of Swisher for 4 more years makes me want to throw up.

No way do we bring Swisher back as the poster rruzbyny above suggested.

2013 will not be a "trying year." Please. Stop with the non sense. This team won 95 games and should have won a lot more had they not blown some opportunities.

One move by the Toronto Blue Jays should not put everyone into panic mode. If it does, stop watching baseball.

The Yankees are still considered the best team in this division.

If they bring back Pettitte and Kuroda they are instant favorites to repeat as AL East Champions.

2013 will not be a trying year ... it's only November so the team of course has holes.

Stop over reacting and don't discount how valuable Mariano Rivera can be in the 9th inning again.

The Yankees will fill out their 25 man roster with ball players who will give us a shot to win it all in 2013.

Of that there is no doubt in my mind.
    FACT: Swisher was the 2nd best hitter on the team behind Cano

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Don't bother. Trust me.

NOT WORTH IT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Fact: Any OFer on the market, aside from Hamilton, is a downgrade.

vCash
    Another swisher thread! Cool.

I'll start a Felix thread.

vCash
    Just saw on espn that Yankees and Pettitte.

http://http://espn.go.com/blog/new-y...itte-returninge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Fact: Any OFer on the market, aside from Hamilton, is a downgrade.
    so you are saying we are going to sign hamilton!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12