Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Heyman: Pettitte Decision Expected By Weeks End

Yankees will get clarity in regards to the rotation in the next few days.

Andy Pettitte will announce whether he intends to return with the Yankees or retire a Yankee.

Many believe Pettitte will opt to play again in 2013.

vCash
    Of course he's playing.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    He'll be back
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    ray:

vCash
    Hes coming back. 1 year $10M

vCash
    i think he wants a legit shot at getting into the HOF, if he has a 15 plus win season next yr which if he pitches as well as he did this yr he;s capable of and wins a few more playoff games his resume gets alot closer to being HOF worthy.

If Mo and Pettitte come back i just hope they can put a team around them good enough to get into the playoffs and have a chance to win the WS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    i think he wants a legit shot at getting into the HOF, if he has a 15 plus win season next yr which if he pitches as well as he did this yr he;s capable of and wins a few more playoff games his resume gets alot closer to being HOF worthy.

If Mo and Pettitte come back i just hope they can put a team around them good enough to get into the playoffs and have a chance to win the WS
    The current crop is good enough to win 85+ games, get Pettitte, Mo and Ichiro signed and 95 wins is possible.

They would be still built for the regular season as that means feasting on the weak staffs of AL, the 3,4 and 5's along with weak middle relievers of some teams....Of course the AL East will be powerful which could slice some the 95 wins off.".
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The current crop is good enough to win 85+ games, get Pettitte, Mo and Ichiro signed and 95 wins is possible.

They would be still built for the regular season as that means feasting on the weak staffs of AL, the 3,4 and 5's along with weak middle relievers of some teams....Of course the AL East will be powerful which could slice some the 95 wins off.".
    even with Mo Pettitte and Ichiro back I don't think their a guaranteed playoff team. Their losing a huge amount of offense with Swisher leaving. Jeters ankle injury was pretty bad and could greatly effect his play, Tex and especially Arod are mysteries on what their going to be a able to produce. Gardner is also a question mark after missing pretty much the whole yr. Plus their counting on a 39 and 40 yr old to stay healthy and preform well in the rotation and a 43 yr old coming of a huge injury to be an elite closer again.

The O's are going to get stronger, the Jay's have improved massively, the Rays will be very good again and the Soxs depending on what they do this off season could be alot better than expected.

The road to the playoff is going to be far harder than last yr for the Yankee's, their going to have to have some great preformances from players that are on the decline and are also going to need to get really lucky this winter when their shopping for players of a limited budget IMO

vCash
    Come back to us baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    even with Mo Pettitte and Ichiro back I don't think their a guaranteed playoff team. Their losing a huge amount of offense with Swisher leaving. Jeters ankle injury was pretty bad and could greatly effect his play, Tex and especially Arod are mysteries on what their going to be a able to produce. Gardner is also a question mark after missing pretty much the whole yr. Plus their counting on a 39 and 40 yr old to stay healthy and preform well in the rotation and a 43 yr old coming of a huge injury to be an elite closer again.

The O's are going to get stronger, the Jay's have improved massively, the Rays will be very good again and the Soxs depending on what they do this off season could be alot better than expected.

The road to the playoff is going to be far harder than last yr for the Yankee's, their going to have to have some great preformances from players that are on the decline and are also going to need to get really lucky this winter when their shopping for players of a limited budget IMO

After reading this I get the feeling this is going to be a very difficult year. You put things into perspective. I was just going by the numbers on the back of their baseball card and just expected that for 2013 again.

Obviously Teix, Granderson, Cano and ARod must provide offense....but it still all starts with pitching...

CC, Kuroda, Pettitte, Hughes and Nova should still be good enough to help win 90 games.....Mo seems ok right now and still expect his cutter to cut. The offense could be the issue with no Swisher and a declining lineup minus Cano.

I still believe Jeter will provide spark...I also think ARod was crippled by the King Felix pitch, look at his OPS after returning compared to before getting drilled. If healthy he can still hit 25 HR..His bats speed vs RH should be better if his wrist is healthy...why did his OPS drop .140 after coming back? And probably over .180 if you include the postseason.

Granderson is too pull happy and if probably shot....Yankee Stadium ruined him like it did to Teix.

I would seriously consider trading him...

And with no catcher ready in the minors they will have to resign Martin again. A decent stop gap for now....

Cano should be fine but his RBI production will depend on Jeter and whoever is in the 2 hole.

Gardy missed a lot but will he decline for lack of playing time in 2012?

I would keep Hughes and Nova for now and see what April, May and June brings from them first before uploading them for an aging declining OFer....

Personally I would rather take a chance with Swisher for 4 more years..he has been consistent in the regular seasons and that weighs heavily in deciding about a player...if the postseason means everything then just sign Delmon Young to a 6 year $120 million contract....

2013 will be a trying year folks........
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-25-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Just the thought of Swisher for 4 more years makes me want to throw up.

No way do we bring Swisher back as the poster rruzbyny above suggested.

2013 will not be a "trying year." Please. Stop with the non sense. This team won 95 games and should have won a lot more had they not blown some opportunities.

One move by the Toronto Blue Jays should not put everyone into panic mode. If it does, stop watching baseball.

The Yankees are still considered the best team in this division.

If they bring back Pettitte and Kuroda they are instant favorites to repeat as AL East Champions.

2013 will not be a trying year ... it's only November so the team of course has holes.

Stop over reacting and don't discount how valuable Mariano Rivera can be in the 9th inning again.

The Yankees will fill out their 25 man roster with ball players who will give us a shot to win it all in 2013.

Of that there is no doubt in my mind.
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 11-25-2012 at 12:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Just the thought of Swisher for 4 more years makes me want to throw up.

No way do we bring Swisher back as the poster rruzbyny above suggested.

2013 will not be a "trying year." Please. Stop with the non sense. This team won 95 games and should have won a lot more had they not blown some opportunities.

One move by the Toronto Blue Jays should not put everyone into panic mode. If it does, stop watching baseball.

The Yankees are still considered the best team in this division.

If they bring back Pettitte and Kuroda they are instant favorites to repeat as AL East Champions.

2013 will not be a trying year ... it's only November so the team of course has holes.

Stop over reacting and don't discount how valuable Mariano Rivera can be in the 9th inning again.

The Yankees will fill out their 25 man roster with ball players who will give us a shot to win it all in 2013.

Of that there is no doubt in my mind.
    Post of the Week!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Post of the Week!
    Thanks Leo

vCash
    It's so annoying waiting for this guy every yr. Just go get Dan Haren and call it a day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    It's so annoying waiting for this guy every yr. Just go get Dan Haren and call it a day.
    Are you crapping on Pettitte?

He will decide soon, just relax....
    Nick(mush)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast