Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    From what I've seen Casey has been on the Refs. After all the bad calls you see him screaming, am I the only one noticing this?
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    The one thing Bargnani should have done is went to complain right after, he looked at the ref with his hands up, but never went up to him and gave him a earful. That's why he is soft. Whether or not the game had ended, he shouldhave gave the ref a piece of his mind, instead he just walked away.

I agree 100%, if you look at the best players in the league they argue and ***** about every call. They're up in the refs face pushing the limits and in the end the calls go their way.

I even see Lowry have a bit of that in him where he challenges the refs and I respect that... As a competitor you have to do that!!!

Bargs does NOT have this competitive quality and he wont change, he is who he is.
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    NBA head office reviews all games after they are played.

If any other player from any other team fouled Bargnani, they'd probably acknowledged questionable officiating.

Dont tell me you believe that... LOL

How many games have the Raps been screwed with?!

This is the 1st time they've admitted a mistake...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    From what I've seen Casey has been on the Refs. After all the bad calls you see him screaming, am I the only one noticing this?
    Casey knows & has admitted, calls he received in Dallas/LA vs TO are not equal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post
    Dont tell me you believe that... LOL

How many games have the Raps been screwed with?!

This is the 1st time they've admitted a mistake...
    Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun
    @WongSN590 Don't think NBA has admitted to other Raptors screwups this year on the record but word is they quietly have admitted 1 or 2 more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    At least they admit it. Refs make mistakes all the time. Move on.

It'll only do good in the future as the Raptors should get more call from the refs moving forward.

Its not the quantity of the calls you get... Its the timing of the calls thats important.

Every time the Raps go on a roll (score a few baskets) there's a stupid call go against them. A charge, stepping out of bounds or illegal screens etc. This kills the momentum of the team.

The game can be out of reach by the end of the game and the Raps will get 10 FT attempts in the last minute to bring the TOTAL number of FT attempts to par with the other team.

Timing of the calls is more important than quantity.

vCash
    Its not the quantity of the calls you get... Its the timing of the calls thats important.

Every time the Raps go on a roll (score a few baskets) there's a stupid call go against them. A charge, stepping out of bounds or illegal screens etc. This kills the momentum of the team.

The game can be out of reach by the end of the game and the Raps will get 10 FT attempts in the last minute to bring the TOTAL number of FT attempts to par with the other team.

Timing of the calls is more important than quantity.
    What I find funny is peoples defense that officials put the whistle away to close out games yet Raptors get called for cheap fouls to close out games frequently.

Jonas playing well against Charlotte, had 4 fouls going into the final minute of play.

Walker jumps into Jonas chest who has his hands up for an & 1 to tie the game with less than a min remaining.

Insuing play, DeRozan, Lowry get questionably fair non calls with the Raptors getting the ball back, ending in MKG getting all arm in clear view of 2 officials, followed by the baseline official watching Taylor step out of bounds.

vCash
    i'm not denything the raptors get hosed... just that i don't see the point in complaining about something the team has absolutely no control over. the only thing they can control is their play. if they start to see themselves as victims they are ****ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i'm not denything the raptors get hosed... just that i don't see the point in complaining about something the team has absolutely no control over. the only thing they can control is their play. if they start to see themselves as victims they are ****ed.

They shouldn't feel sorry for themselves they should fight for themselves on the court and get T'd up if need be. Eventually, the calls will go their way.

But if they just accept it the way it is nothing will change.

Look at every great team and player they challenge the refs on EVERY SINGLE PLAY!

vCash
    I'm not suggesting they play victim. I agree they need to play through & above it, unfortunately if your a bad team it's a hard thing to do.

I just don't agree with turning a blind eye as a fan of the team. Complaining bringing it to attention may not get anything done but it at least has a chance, apposed to saying nothing & ignoring it.

NBA admitting fault may not be much but is a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by B2B; 11-23-2012 at 10:37 AM.

vCash
    They shouldn't feel sorry for themselves they should fight for themselves on the court and get T'd up if need be. Eventually, the calls will go their way.

Look at every great team and player they challenge the refs on EVERY SINGLE PLAY!
    The league caters to popular teams & players, it's the sole purpose of "superstar calls".

Good teams, good players benefit from this popularity bias.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    I'm not suggesting they play victim. I agree they need to play through & above it, unfortunately if your a bad team it's a hard thing to do.

I just don't agree with turning a blind eye as a fan of the team. Complaining bringing it to attention may not get anything done but it at least has a chance, apposed to saying nothing & ignoring it.

NBA admitting fault may not be much but is a step in the right direction.
    agree with the final statement completely. we treat it as though it's nothing but an admission from the league office that they screwed up would be embarrassing for anyone who considers themselves to be a professional.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 11-23-2012 at 10:47 AM.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash

i think we can be more vocal and assertive without getting a reputation for complaining on every play. there is a very fine line here.

vCash
    agree with the final statement completely. we treat it as though it's nothing but an admission from the league office that they screwed up would be embarrassing for anyone who considers themselves to be a professional.
    Seeing that that the complaints & tapes being sent in brought about this admission, not sure how you can agree with one & not the other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Seeing that that the complaints & tapes being sent in brought about this admission, not sure how you can agree with one & not the other.
    umm. that's because you are making a giant assumption.

and i'm talking about being more vocal on the court not complaining to the league.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast