Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olrales View Post
    So they admitted that one... And all the others non-calls from the refs since the beginning of the season? I guess I should keep on dreamin!
    Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun
    @WongSN590 Don't think NBA has admitted to other Raptors screwups this year on the record but word is they quietly have admitted 1 or 2 more.

My guess on which games they admitted.

Indiana, Utah, Charlotte.

Indiana: last possession should have been Raptors, without clear proof of possession, it was rewarded to Indiana with less than 24 sec's left. (Not an instinctive call, refs chose to give Indiana (away team) possession on the floor, with a late decision & video evidence coming back inconclusive in a questionably officiated game).

Utah: Raptors went into overtime in a tied game, DeRozan was fouled multiple times attacking the rim, had 24 shots in the paint in that game only 7 FT's. To close out the game he had a dunk on which he was fouled, should have been an and 1 with an official standing in front of the play. (In a half that saw 24 FT's - 1 in Utah's favor. Foster, the lead official for this game has been linked to big money betters).

Charlotte: 1 point game, official baseline, official sideline both had clear view of the play. The foul was not "missed" by the officials especially the skunt sideline. MKG didn't even get piece of the ball to say it was close, all arm. Before the game started a tweet went out saying the Raptors are 0-7 with Ed Malloy calling the game.

If the NBA admits to these mistakes, which we know they admitted publicly about Charlotte & others quietly, something needs to be done because these calls were not "missed". My guess, is the NBA knows, is involved & doesn't care.

Saying it's a mistake, without rectifying it, is a slap in the face. We don't need the NBA to tell us what I already know, we need the NBA to fix what we know.

Future makeup calls is not a solution either, all it does is affect another team.

vCash
    We need a review flag to not get screwed at the end of games .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    At least they admit it. Refs make mistakes all the time. Move on.

It'll only do good in the future as the Raptors should get more call from the refs moving forward.
    Sure refs make mistakes.

Is 24 Ft's - 1 "a" mistake in a game DeRozan was the most aggressive player for either team?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderforce View Post
    We need a review flag to not get screwed at the end of games .
    What is your solution for during the game?.

Raptors are last in the league when it comes to fouls for & against.

Here we have the league admitting to several instances of the Raptors not getting the benefit of the doubt, anyone think maybe, just maybe there's a correlation between the 2 facts?.

Easy way to be last in the league year in/out in fouls for & against, is having a bias against.

If Raptors were middle of the pack in this regard I would chalk it up to "mistakes". Fact is my eyes don't deceive me.

vCash
    Good ...they should also admit to melo getting fouled against the mavs and no call twice in crunch time.

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QueensG_718 View Post
    Good ...they should also admit to melo getting fouled against the mavs and no call twice in crunch time.
    Check the spread.
    Last edited by B2B; 11-23-2012 at 09:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Lol, they might as well replay all games played in the NBA because there are bad calls that completely alter the course of the game.

NBA doesn't need to replay it. It's a bad call made by humans. It's a whole lot easier to move on. Also makes more sense.
    this is exactly my view as well. you can't satisfy people, really. people are clamoring for refs to be held accountable and here you have the league publicly calling out it's own.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    its professional not to say anything. I liked that Demar didnt attack the refs nor did Lowry.. its Casey's job to get on the refs not the players
    agree 100%.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Agreed. DC needs to start going off on some of these refs who blatantly screw us...Probably just not the example he wants to set for his young team though. All players can do though is keep playing. If they aren't going to give you the calls that night, don't drive and initiate contact...just try to finish. Now I am not saying never go to the basket, I am just saying offensively play like you would if you were playing on the streets.

vCash
    so 1 call in each game (officially anyways). so what, refs miss calls all the time. the game is done, made a report to the league, and move on.

Raps got themselves into difficult situations in the first place and refs hardly blow whistles in the dying seconds anyways.

move on- cant blame the refs all the time for the team's short comings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    so 1 call in each game (officially anyways). so what, refs miss calls all the time. the game is done, made a report to the league, and move on.

Raps got themselves into difficult situations in the first place and refs hardly blow whistles in the dying seconds anyways.

I agree. I mean, yeah there might be a difference of like 1 in the W/L column, but that hardly makes us a playoff team still. We need to stop talking about "us vs. the world" and start playing like we won't even give the opposition a chance. When we start beating some people down the reffing won't matter. Look at pretty much any other team, they don't scrap for every single win they get. I just want us to go lay the big dick down on Detroit.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm sitting on my couch game after game ignoring the bad calls, I'm usually 11 beers deep and screaming at my tv. But scoring 5, 7, 12 points in the 4th quarter doesn't have everything to do with the refs.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    i like the attitude prevailing on page 4 here. no point wasting energy on things you can't control. maybe the refs are conspiring so we can get Wiggins haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post

The only thing I can agree with, is the Raptors should not have left the game in the officials hands.

That said, Refs have no business deciding games, I don't care if you think it's misplaced blame for a bad team.

Casey saw the foul from the Raptors bench you telling me the official half the distance away on the same sideline "missed" it?.

If your good with the state of officiating, you move on..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post
    Only reason they admitted it is cuz its against the Bobcats..

The NBA would never have admitted it against a team like the Celtics or against one of their prized *****es like LBJ..
    If they were playing the Heat and it was LeBron that fouled Bargs, the refs probably would have called an offensive foul on AB and then asked for Lebron's autograph after the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    well to be fair were not gonna be in a close game with the Heat
    LOL thats a different issue...
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast