Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 11: Baltimore Ravens (7-2) at Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3)

Code:
    Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers Location: Heinz Field Sunday, November 18th, 2012 @ 8:20 PM ET TV: NBC
    QB Comparison
    QB Rating Yards TD INT 65.5 73 0 0 Byron Leftwich 88.3 2,331 13 7 Joe Flacco
    RB Comparison
    Yards Att. YPC TDs 355 77 4.6 0 Jonathan Dwyer 657 144 4.6 7 Ray Rice
    WR Comparison
    Yards Rec AVG TDs 539 42 12.8 6 Mike Wallace 548 31 17.7 7 Torrey Smith
    Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks INTs Larry Foote LaMarr Woodley Lawrence Timmons 57 3.0 2
    Bernard Pollard Paul Kruger Cary Williams 69 3.5 4
    Had to put Leftwich as our leading QB

vCash
    Me, my lady friend, and my roommate + his girlfriend got tickets to the game a few weeks ago. Obviously, it was something they, myself included too, were REALLY hyped for. I'm bummed Ben is hurt and hopefully they can play well and maybe persevere without him. He's been amazing this year, really unfortunate loss. Never like seeing any star on any team go down. Always felt spending a lot of money and having your team lose is literally the worst thing in the world. I'm hoping for competitiveness and for their sake a Steelers win. I have a feeling I'll be rooting for them. Never have liked Baltimore anyways.

But they, understandably, all seem a bit depressed today.

How much of a chance do you think they'll have without Ben? The defense has been great, and I'm not too convinced in Baltimore's greatness. I haven't watched as much of of the Steelers this year as I have in recent years...probably only 6-7 quarters total so I really don't know. Have a feeling last night was just a weather-induced, semi-trap game that really is nothing but a fluke.

Good luck this weekend.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Me, my lady friend, and my roommate + his girlfriend got tickets to the game a few weeks ago. Obviously, it was something they, myself included too, were REALLY hyped for. I'm bummed Ben is hurt and hopefully they can play well and maybe persevere without him. He's been amazing this year, really unfortunate loss. Never like seeing any star on any team go down. Always felt spending a lot of money and having your team lose is literally the worst thing in the world. I'm hoping for competitiveness and for their sake a Steelers win. I have a feeling I'll be rooting for them. Never have liked Baltimore anyways.

But they, understandably, all seem a bit depressed today.

How much of a chance do you think they'll have without Ben? The defense has been great, and I'm not too convinced in Baltimore's greatness. I haven't watched as much of of the Steelers this year as I have in recent years...probably only 6-7 quarters total so I really don't know. Have a feeling last night was just a weather-induced, semi-trap game that really is nothing but a fluke.

Good luck this weekend.
    A higher chance than I feel most people will give us credit, but still far below 50%. We have had issues defending the run, which doesn't bode well when facing Ray Rice. The Chiefs' way of stopping our offense, dropping everyone into coverage and forcing coverage sacks to Tamba Hali, is what Baltimore often does to us with Terrell Suggs. And especially with Leftwich's slow release. I'd rather Charlie Batch. I'm not entirely confident. But the team has surprised me in the past.

I saw replays of the Ravens-Raiders game. Fake field goal to make the score 48-17 instead of 44-17? I don't hate Harbaugh because he's the coach of my division rival, I hate him because he's completely classless and a whiny **** when things don't go his way.

vCash
    We don't have much chance without Ben it would be a miracle to win. Hopefully he p.ay through somehow or is ready for the second game in 2 weeks and we win that one

vCash
    I hope we don't try to rush him back too soon like we have in the past. A couple times, allowing him to play through injuries has led to uninspiring playoff performances.

vCash
    hmm couple of thoughts.
    1. Byron...Batch anyone?
    2.if we can run and stop the run I say we have a 80% chance to win.
    3. IF not, 5%. lol

4.If Baltimore wins I'm going to see Flacco and Harbaugh all happy, while thug rice will be flexing every 5 seconds...yeah, not going to like this lol.

vCash
    Don't have much faith in Leftwich.

Gonna need the ball to bounce Pittsburgh's way a few times and the D to make a ton of gamechanging plays if they're gonna win.

vCash
    This may be a very looooooooooonnnnggggg day.

Our Defense is gonna have to play like vs Eli Manning, who is far more superior than Joe Faggo.

We have a fighting chance. Lefty is gonna need to work some magic. Ground game will need to get established. Ravens havent been what they use to be, defensively. So. To me it's 50/50. We have to stop Flacco. Sacks sacks sacks.
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    No Ben troy Clark brown. We will get smashed

vCash
    Lol this is a complete joke that everyone and even our fans are writing us off. The Ravens are pounded with injuries as well, we also have a similar team to the Dennis Dixon led, and Batch led teams who lost very competitive games to Baltimore over the past few years.

Not to mention Byron is one of the best backup QBs in the league, hence why he use to ALWAYS kick Pittsburgh ***'s when he was a starter back in the day.

Id say its a 50/50 win/lose

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    No Ben troy Clark brown. We will get smashed
    Clark's been passing all his concussion tests so should be good to play and while Will Allen is no Troy, he's quietly been playing very well. I hate how the past season and a half, 2011 and 2012, people have said we have a weak secondary. You don't lead the league in pass yards per game AND pass yards per play, with the weak pass-rush we're getting, by having bad or overrated corners and safeties. If only people measured DBs by more than just interceptions.

Sorry JRM, I don't mean to sound like I'm accusing you of saying any of the above. I was just ranting in general.

vCash
    Gotta have faith guys. Byron is getting all those reps, reads, getting his arm ready. The OL has to eliminate Suggs. He has to be a non factor.

I'm confident. I hope Ben comes back, but don't rush it. Let's go Steelers
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Clark's been passing all his concussion tests so should be good to play and while Will Allen is no Troy, he's quietly been playing very well. I hate how the past season and a half, 2011 and 2012, people have said we have a weak secondary. You don't lead the league in pass yards per game AND pass yards per play, with the weak pass-rush we're getting, by having bad or overrated corners and safeties. If only people measured DBs by more than just interceptions.

Sorry JRM, I don't mean to sound like I'm accusing you of saying any of the above. I was just ranting in general.
    O I know man. Clark has been lights out so if we don't have him we are in trouble. While we have gotten used to being without Troy it still hurts and now without Ben it would be even nicer to have that difference maker in Troy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polamalu43322 View Post
    Gotta have faith guys. Byron is getting all those reps, reads, getting his arm ready. The OL has to eliminate Suggs. He has to be a non factor.

I'm confident. I hope Ben comes back, but don't rush it. Let's go Steelers
    People were worried about the Bengals defensive line a few weeks ago especially because Adams was starting his first game, but the Steelers used a lot of double tight end sets to chip the ends and give the line some help. I'd love to see Paulson helping with Suggs a lot and also use Heath to chip and then get open in the middler.

Another thing that double tight end set did was help open up the running game and the Ravens are ranked worse than the Chiefs in rushing defense. I hope we pound Dwyer and Redman at them for four quarters and see what happnes.

vCash
    Mendy returns right

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast