Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brady's 2007

12 57.14%
  • Manning's 2004

9 42.86%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Manning. I like the efficiency better. The difference in int% and comp% isnt large enough to make up for the differences in td%, y/a and y/c.

vCash
    Manning. He screams more things at the line of scrimmage that make me think he's really smart. Plus he has an over sized head so he probably has a lot of blood volume in his brain to help him do so many audibles.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Any reasons other than "I just think so "
    Brady has the rings. Brady had never had any talent around him and personally carried the Pats teams to SBs. Where as Manning has had the top of the top talent around him and was carried to a SB. Before you say yeah but "Manning has a Ring" I will say what was once told to me....."so does Trent Dilfer".

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Brady has the rings. Brady had never had any talent around him and personally carried the Pats teams to SBs. Where as Manning has had the top of the top talent around him and was carried to a SB. Before you say yeah but "Manning has a Ring" I will say what was once told to me....."so does Trent Dilfer".
    They won a ring in 2007?

Besides that Marino doesn't have a ring, so Dilfer and Brady must be better than him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    They won a ring in 2007?

Besides that Marino doesn't have a ring, so Dilfer and Brady must be better than him.
    No that rule does not count when it comes to Marino because he played on bad teams with no D. Brady is better than Marino but Manning is not. When did I say they won a ring in 07?

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    manning = complete offense.

draft that guy, you won't have to worry about your o line, your wrs, tes, and to some degree your rb. It doesn't show up in the stat sheet, but its what will make me take manning every time.

vCash
    No that rule does not count when it comes to Marino because he played on bad teams with no D. Brady is better than Marino but Manning is not. When did I say they won a ring in 07?
    Manning had SO many great defenses...

This thread is one season vs. he other how can you factor in superbowls when Brady didn't win won.

vCash
    Throw for 3 TDs and 7 INTs in a playoff run and it's tough to say you weren't carried to a championship.

I know you like to take the extreme homers and pretend that they provide the entire argument you disagree with, but the ironic thing where you say Brady's championships came with little offensive talent while Manning has had the top of the top talent is that it's not that extreme of a stance...it's actually relatively accurate.

That said, Manning's 2004 was better than Brady's 2007. More efficient.

vCash
    I'll take Manning's 04. I do think Brady deserves a little "extra credit" for playing a lot more cold weather/windy games and actually playing for something all the way through the season. Manning also had the added advantage of a stud RB in Edge and a deeper cast of options (Pats really didn't have too much past Moss and Welker, but Moss was just on another level that year). I think the stats say Manning easy, but context drags it a little closer IMO. Still say Manning, but I don't think arguing for Brady is the worst thing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I'll take Manning's 04. I do think Brady deserves a little "extra credit" for playing a lot more cold weather/windy games and actually playing for something all the way through the season. Manning also had the added advantage of a stud RB in Edge and a deeper cast of options (Pats really didn't have too much past Moss and Welker, but Moss was just on another level that year). I think the stats say Manning easy, but context drags it a little closer IMO. Still say Manning, but I don't think arguing for Brady is the worst thing either.
    Quality post 100% agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Top post.

vCash
    Im taking brady due to the fact he did it outdoors.

vCash
    This is so close that there's basically no wrong answer. However, I don't think that anyone has mentioned yet that Peyton Manning sat out the last game of the season that year, while Tom Brady played the whole year. If Peyton plays that Denver game at the end of the year, Brady doesn't pass for more yards OR touchdowns.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Honestly think Marino is the best QB of all time.

The things he did back then were absurd even by todays standards.

As for Manning vs Brady.

First of all, manning has ALWAYS had better weapons that Brady, better recievers, tight ends, RBs, and defenses.

But after that, you have to realize one thing - while Brady doesn't have the weapons of Manning, he has one HUGE advantage over him - Belichick, arguably the greatest football mind currently in the world. That man can take scrubs and turn them into solid starters, and turn solid starters into superstars.
    Last edited by basch152; 11-25-2012 at 04:46 PM.

vCash
    From what I know, Manning sat out a lot of fourth quarters. Brady and the Pats were routinely running up the score (if I remember correctly). Manning's 49 touchdowns could have easily been a lot higher

EDIT: Just looked it up, Sorgi played in four games that year, so I'm guessing that's four fourth quarters. If Manning had played those and they were still agressive, he probably could have ended up with like 55 TD's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast