Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

I will NEVER watch another NFL game again!

After what happened against the Texans today--the worst call in NFL history, I am officially going to stop watching my favorite sport. I just dropped off all of my Lions gear at the Goodwill drop box. It's a sad day.

"Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

vCash
    No way dude. Bleed Honolulu blue tried & true. It's one loss. We played a hellava game.

LFLOL & LFFS after secretly glancing at the ***** forum
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    I actually believe you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iu92grad View Post
    After what happened against the Texans today--the worst call in NFL history, I am officially going to stop watching my favorite sport. I just dropped off all of my Lions gear at the Goodwill drop box. It's a sad day.
    See you in the next game thread

vCash
    This game is definitely tough to swallow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bears99 View Post
    See you in the next game thread
    yup

vCash
    I don't like all the bad calls, but at least we showed we could beat a team of that calibre (Even though we picked up the L). Only thing I didn't like from the game (Besides non calls) was us kicking in OT on 3rd down... don't know why we wouldn't at least attempt to pick up some extra yards, worst case you basically no gain if you run or Matt throws it away if nothing's there is we pass.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I don't like all the bad calls, but at least we showed we could beat a team of that calibre (Even though we picked up the L). Only thing I didn't like from the game (Besides non calls) was us kicking in OT on 3rd down... don't know why we wouldn't at least attempt to pick up some extra yards, worst case you basically no gain if you run or Matt throws it away if nothing's there is we pass.
    Teams generally kick it on 3rd in those type of situations in case of a bad snap. The real problem was the back to back run calls. That was stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Teams generally kick it on 3rd in those type of situations in case of a bad snap. The real problem was the back to back run calls. That was stupid.
    I don't know. It was a 47 yard FG. I could see if it less than 40, but anyways. Yeah running it twice with Bell was kinda dumb, especially since they basically stacked the entire box with guys lol don't know where the Stafford audibles have been... doesn't seem to have any freedom this year

vCash
    Yeah I think it's more common to do the kick on 3rd down if the yardage is short/medium.

But still, I feel IU's pain.

Just look at all the things that went wrong today:

Pettigrew MULTIPLE drops.
    KVB dropping the game winning INT
    Questionable non-PI calls
    Kicking on 3rd instead of trying to pick up more yards, then Hanson BARELY missing
    The horrendous call on Forsett, and equally horrendous rule
    The other horrendous call on the punt touched by a Texan
    Staff getting sacked on 3rd down, backing us out of FG range. (although ironic that I was complaining about kicking on 3rd down in OT when this could easily have occurred then too).

Ugh, oh well. We're Lions fans, we're used to it.

vCash
    Yeah I think it's more common to do the kick on 3rd down if the yardage is short/medium.

Kicking on 3rd instead of trying to pick up more yards, then Hanson BARELY missing
    Staff getting sacked on 3rd down, backing us out of FG range. (although ironic that I was complaining about kicking on 3rd down in OT when this could easily have occurred then too).

That's a big one for me. I'd really like to see where we rank as a team for PI calls against. As physical as they play Calvin and Titus and there's never any calls. Kind of weird, but nothing you can really do

vCash
    [QUOTE=blujaysrock;24426656]That's a big one for me. I'd really like to see where we rank as a team for PI calls against. As physical as they play Calvin and Titus and there's never any calls. Kind of weird, but nothing you can really do[/QUOTE]

B itch, complain, moan, drink a little more. Then get ready for next weeks game. That's what I do.

vCash

Hard for me to blame him for that...there's a reason why he's on the defensive side of the ball.

The penalty on the fake TD is a terrible rule, doesn't negate Schwartz throwing the flag out (should have been called down anyways) but the punt is what really bothers me. I'd love a ref explanation as to how you not call that a fumble. Hit a left leg, bounced off a right, changed trajectory...nope, no fumble, w/e.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    I share your frustration. After the game I just wanted to throw all my lions gear in a pit and start a bon fire with it but I can't. No matter how much they piss me off and make me want to slaughter something small and cudly I keep coming back. I just love these losers too much to quit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I share your frustration. After the game I just wanted to throw all my lions gear in a pit and start a bon fire with it but I can't. No matter how much they piss me off and make me want to slaughter something small and cudly I keep coming back. I just love these losers too much to quit.
    Why would your instinct be to kill something small and cuddly?

At least go out and kill a person, like a real man

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast