Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are AWESOME

vCash

We are AWESOME

We now have the worst record in the NFC. Go Lions!

vCash
    One step closer to Luke Joeckel

vCash
    Currently have the 6th pick in the draft.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013-nfl-draft-order

The only remaining game I cared about winning was the Packers...time to root for losing out!

vCash
    For real? Hey, I'd love to land a stud LT. Keep losing. Only game I really want is Week 17.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Te'o or Jarvis Jones please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Te'o or Jarvis Jones please.
    LB with no pass rushing skills isn't worth a top 5 pick to me.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Jones
    Jockel for me.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Werner or Joeckel for me. Fairley Suh Werner and whomever would do work. or Joeckel and Reiff as our bookend tackles. either or. im happy. if we pick where we are expecting that is
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    Despite what our record says, we're still losing by an average of 5 points, and despite having 4 more losses than wins, our net points is still only negative 15. It's putting us in a good place for down the road with a better draft pick.

Again, rather be a good team losing to superbowl contenders than a bad team winning by luck.

Remember the 2007 season? winning those games with the lack of talent we had on that roster set us back, badly.

Not to mention all the injuries, you can't expect to win when you have pretty much half of your starters out to injuries.

vCash
    u mean the 08 season?? 2007 wasnt so bad...
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    u mean the 08 season?? 2007 wasnt so bad...
    No, I mean the 2007 season, and it was awful.

In our 9 losses we lost by an average of 20 points, compared to the 5 points we're averaging in our losses this year.

As I said, having that 2007 team with no talent on it like it had to win 7 games basically out of shear luck screwed us. It gave us a bad draft pick, and our weaknesses showed the next year with the 0-16 season.

People need to understand wins are not everything, I'd rather have this team that's probably going to finish 4-12 but is competing every week with elite teams than the 7-9 team that was getting blown out in every single loss.

People don't understand that we're playing high level football, we just need to work on closing games. If you tell me that you'd rather be awful and win sloppily than be good and compete every week but lose because you're facing only tough competition, I immediately lose respect for you.

vCash
    people where picking us to be a WC team in the 2008 season... i think we rember it a little diffrent

or hindsights geting the best of u one the 2

and we better beat the cards
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Fire Schwartz. Has to happen.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Fire Schwartz. Has to happen.
    Okay for the last time. Schwartz is not getting fired. Even if we only have four wins this season he would get one more. He just signed a new long term deal and bringing in a new staff will not solve anything. Like someone said we are barely losing games. If we had a little luck and were free of the injury bug we could be in contention in the NFC North. I think it will work out cause adding a top 10 talent to an already talented team will work out for us. And whoever said Te'o isn't worth top 5 cause he can't rush the passer does not look at who he is. He plays MLB. Not many MLB can rush the passer. Most are big guys designed to stop the run. What makes Te'o a top 5 talent is he has the speed and strength to play at any linebacker position and in our defense he could even be a wide DE. He would play OLB for us day one and would be able to showcase his talents. He would not have to cause we already have a top 5 pass rush d-line. Plus he is the best coverage linebacker I have ever seen. If he is available to us I want him over Jockel. Our o-line has performed very well this year and if we want a star tackle grab Clady or Long in FA. Work on fixing the defensive holes before worrying about the second rated offense in the league. The first three rounds we should grab a LB, CB/S, and DE. Good picks would be Te'o, Ried, and Gholston. All three have the ability to start. Te'o and Ried right away and Gholston once VB leaves.

vCash
    I agree that Schwartz won't get fired but a coach like Harbaugh would be 10-3 with this team right now. Heck at least 1 loss can be directly contributed to the actions of the coach. That almost never happens. Jim is awful and we're probably going to have to deal with it for another couple of years.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast