• The Blueprint

5 16.67%
  • Illmatic

24 80.00%
  • Dont like either of them.

1 3.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    a better question would have been reasonable doubt or illmatic.

vCash
    Illmatic.

So many problems with the Blueprint...

vCash
    Earl.

vCash
    chum.

vCash
    Blue Flame

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Jay-Z still has a better discography.
    Nas, **** ain't even a contest. Jigga ain't even seeing nas' unreleased tracks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    You're wrong, as always.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    Illmatic and it's not even close...

J_M_B is offline Good Enough Ain't Enough
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    Sorry buddy, but Nas was wayyyyyy too inconsistent throughout his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Feelin It is probably my favorite Jay-Z song. Most of his best are from Reasonable Doubt.

1. Dead Presidents II
    2. Renegade
    3. Feelin' It
    4. D'evils
    5. 99 Problems
    I would throw Can I Live in there as well, but I like that list. Dead Presidents II is one of my favorite songs of all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    Blue Flame
    this is correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J_M_B View Post
    Sorry buddy, but Nas was wayyyyyy too inconsistent throughout his career.
    Jay-Z is the definition of an inconsistent artist.

His neverending discography that consists of 3-4 good albums is a direct reflection of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Jay-Z is the definition of an inconsistent artist.

His neverending discography that consists of 3-4 good albums is a direct reflection of that.
    Over Nas? I don't see it.

I agree with the never ending discography statement. He should have stopped with American Gangster, but I don't see much inconsistency.

Reasonable Doubt (1996)
    In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 (1997)
    Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life (1998)
    Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter (1999)
    The Dynasty: Roc La Familia (2000)
    The Blueprint (2001)
    The Blueprint II (2002)
    Black Album (2003)
    Kingdom Come (2006)
    American Gangster (2007)
    The Blueprint III (2009)
    Watch the Throne (2011)

Which ones do you consider inconsistent or drop off?

The Dynasty, The Blueprint II & III, and Watch the Throne are his only albums, which I can agree are not even close to his best work.

That leaves 8 out of 12 projects that consistent, very well rounded albums.

I don't see that with Nas. He has 10 solo albums and I can't say there are more then 5 that I would go out of my way to listen to on a regular basis.

I try to keep a very unbias view, as these are two of my favorite rappers of all time. But there is no way I can say Nas has had a more consistent career.

vCash
    See. This is all a matter of opinion.

Reasonable Doubt, Vol. 2, Vol. 3, and Dynasty are legitimate albums.
    Blueprint album is just a cult following. KRS already had a Blueprint, his Girls, Girls, Girls..& The Takeover aren't as strong as people credit. The Doors sample owns the song, and his diss isn't even close to Ether. And I'd rather listen to Motley Crue's track than Jay's. He just dropped the album at the right time, but Songs Cry & Renegade are favorite of mine on there.

Not to mention, Jay-Z may have the worst collaborative material I've ever heard. Dude has two atrocious albums with R.Kelly & Watch the Thrones was just an album with great productions.

My point, ever since 2000 Jay-Z has been a gimmick with a bunch of collaborations, and focusing on himself less. Just look at 2002, Blueprint 2 & Best of Both Worlds showed that Jay-Z needs features because he wasn't what he used to be.

I understand all artists decline with age, but Nas just doesn't look as bad. Dropping 4 albums in a 2 year period and the albums are lacking (like Jay-Z). So while Jay-Z was ****ing around/on his grind, Nas at least didn't embarass himself with lackluster material

Illmatic, It was Written, I Am..., Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, and God's is a 12 year period where Nas delivered. He didn't need features, and gave us himself. Not a feature every song / a great production which outdhined Jay on his own song.

Quality over Quantity argument, and Nas definitely presides over Jay in that instance.
    Last edited by CityofTreez; 11-27-2012 at 05:04 PM.

vCash

The Blueprint or Illmatic

^^^ With regards to what you said, I respect your opinion and everything, however you stated that jay z since 2000 has been a gimmick with collaborations.

I am aware that the 2 r Kelly and watch the throne have been horrible collaborations but If I recall, I'm pretty sure nas also did a whole collaboration album with Damien marley which released in the 2000s and which I didn't care for at all.

Ÿóü isolated 2002 criticizing BP2 and best of both worlds, yet since then he's had 3 quality albums imo -black album ( no features unless ÿóü count pharell), kingdom come which is highly underrated (no rapper features just singers for choruses), and American gangster which had 3 features (Wayne, nas, and beanie sigel).

Nas last album had a Rick Ross feature so I don't think I even have to address that.

Artist do regress with time I agree, and I think jay z does need to retire. On the other hand, I also think nas has regressed. I didn't think anything of life is good, I think this points to what JMB was saying about nas being inconsistent. Obviously it's better than anything than jay z has done since American gangster but it still wasn't anything great to me.

And if you think ether is better than takeover so be it, but I don't think 1 diss record is a fair way to gauge ones career and use it in an argument to see who is better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast