Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman127 View Post
    Honestly... I'd start Sheffler and have a pass/run ratio of 75/25, but the coaches don't want to play that way.
    Exactly. People point out how Pettigrew is an above average run blocker and that's why he starts, but we pass the ball like 70% of the time so what good is it to have Grew out there when he constantly ****s up in the passing game? If our primary offense is passing, just put Scheff in there.

vCash
    I've been saying for the last 2 years that this guy is unreliable. I'd rather take my chances cutting him and starting Scheffler and Heller. Get rid of him, Young, Peterman, Raiola and Gos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    This team is a LOT better than you people give them credit for.

Aside from the second minnesota game, every single loss has been by single digits, not only that, but look at the records of the teams we lost to(outside of tennessee which was an embarassing game).

San fran - 7-2-1
    Minnesota x2 - 6-4
    Chicago - 7-3
    Green Bay - 7-3
    Houston - 10-1

That's a combined 37-13-1, and we've not only kept every single one of those games close, I felt we should have won pretty much all of these games, or at least IMO outplayed our oponnent except for San Fran.

We could EASILY be 9-2 right now, and for those of you saying it doesn't matter because the reality is we are 4-7, that's not true, we might be 4-7, but to say we're playing like a normal 4-7 team is ignorant.
    This post sounds like something Matthew Stafford's Mom would write to try to convince everyone how amazing her son's team is.

First, you can't just post the combined record of 37-13-1 and selectevely choose to leave Tenesse's losing record out of it......you can't make a point if you aren't telling the whole story.

Second, you say that we don't play like other 4-7 teams. What other 4-7 teams are you comparing us to? The reason I ask is becasue in the NFC (which is all that matters when we are talking about making the playoffs), we have the THIRD WORST record in the entire NFC. The only teams that are worse right now are Carolina, and Philly. We are tied with Arizona.

Do I really need to explain what kind of shambles those three franchises are in right now? No QB (arizona), head coaches on the hot seat (philly), GMs getting fired (carolina). Next to these three teams WE ARE THE WORST IN THE NFC.....PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

As far as your list of teams that we have lost to, three of those teams are divisional opponents. Spin it any way you want but 0-4 divisional record makes us the WORST in our division.

As far as the rest of those teams go on that list, if we can't beat those calibur of teams now, then we would be wasting everyone's time making the playoffs anyways. I'm sorry but it is this kind of low-standard thinking that has netted our team with ONE playoff win in 40 years.

Everyone should be disgusted with this team right now. I'm tired of all the excuses, beatin' round the bush with crap stats that make us sound better than we actually are BUT don't matter in the end, and all the could of/ would of/ should of.
    Last edited by mc18641; 11-24-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    This post sounds like something Matthew Stafford's Mom would write to try to convince everyone how amazing her son's team is.

First, you can't just post the combined record of 37-13-1 and selectevely choose to leave Tenesse's losing record out of it......you can't make a point if you aren't telling the whole story.

Second, you say that we don't play like other 4-7 teams. What other 4-7 teams are you comparing us to? The reason I ask is becasue in the NFC (which is all that matters when we are talking about making the playoffs), we have the THIRD WORST record in the entire NFC. The only teams that are worse right now are Carolina, and Philly. We are tied with Arizona.

Do I really need to explain what kind of shambles those three franchises are in right now? No QB (arizona), head coaches on the hot seat (philly), GMs getting fired (carolina). Next to these three teams WE ARE THE WORST IN THE NFC.....PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

As far as your list of teams that we have lost to, three of those teams are divisional opponents. Spin it any way you want but 0-4 divisional record makes us the WORST in our division.

As far as the rest of those teams go on that list, if we can't beat those calibur of teams now, then we would be wasting everyone's time making the playoffs anyways. I'm sorry but it is this kind of low-standard thinking that has netted our team with ONE playoff win in 40 years.

Everyone should be disgusted with this team right now. I'm tired of all the excuses, beatin' round the bush with crap stats that make us sound better than we actually are BUT don't matter in the end, and all the could of/ would of/ should of.
    good post alot of people football standards are low
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash

You failed to comprehend the very basic points of my post.

We're competing, week in and week out with superbowl contenders. Every. Single. Week.

We have one of the hardest schedules out there, and to come up 4-7 with almost every loss being a 1 possession game against superbowl contenders. If you can't see that makes us better then the 4-7 teams struggling to win against the average or below average teams of the league, you have problems.

Being 4-7 with one of the hardest schedules is not the same as being 4-7 with a weak schedule.

I mean seriously, in back to back weeks we kept a close game against two teams that VERY well could meet up in the superbowl.

vCash
    You failed to comprehend the very basic points of my post.

We're competing, week in and week out with superbowl contenders. Every. Single. Week.

We have one of the hardest schedules out there, and to come up 4-7 with almost every loss being a 1 possession game against superbowl contenders. If you can't see that makes us better then the 4-7 teams struggling to win against the average or below average teams of the league, you have problems.

Being 4-7 with one of the hardest schedules is not the same as being 4-7 with a weak schedule.

I mean seriously, in back to back weeks we kept a close game against two teams that VERY well could meet up in the superbowl.

We can make the same point for three of the four games we WON. Except for JAX, we could have lost any of those other teams. The Rams and Philly were both won on the final drive. We beat the Seahawks by 1 possession.

Using that same philospphy in reverse, we could just as easily be 1-10. We have not CONVINCINGLY beat anyone except for the sorry JAGS.

vCash
    We can make the same point for three of the four games we WON. Except for JAX, we could have lost any of those other teams. The Rams and Philly were both won on the final drive. We beat the Seahawks by 1 possession.

Using that same philospphy in reverse, we could just as easily be 1-10. We have not CONVINCINGLY beat anyone except for the sorry JAGS.
    I read the other posts and this pretty much sums up our season and like you said we were one play away from loosing the 4 games we won this season. We would be 1-10 which by my accounts would put us with the number one pick.

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Combined Tackles: 42
    Solo Tackles: 34
    Assisted Tackles: 8
    Sacks: 6.5

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 17-7-8 PTS: 42
    Detroit Lions 9-4
    Detroit Tigers Another disappointing season
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 7-3 ACC:
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 13-0 ACC: 8-0 ACC Champs (#3 in College Playoff)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    There is nothing ignorant about about being pissed off about a 4-7 record. after all win and losses are what matters not how good you looked losing
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedhonolulu View Post
    A win is a win.Do you think CHI,TEN,GB,HOU,MIN, or SF care they barely won?Wins are everything
    i hate to agree with kingwood, but him and ibleedhonalu are correct, who the F cares you win by 100 or 1? all it is is style points, far as ik those only count in the BCS college football not pros, and id rather win on the skim of our teeth then not win at all, we are competitve, but that was supposed to be like that 2 seasons ago, we have regressed, and theres no excuse for it

talked to a guy at a gas station about this and he said theres just no discipline at all, were a mess, and unless we change that we ant doing **** in the league

we act like a bunch of white trash/******s players and coaches, if we have the same result next season, we need to have a serious talk with schwartz, love em and all but we cant be below .500 next year

vCash
    about pettigrew, hes a lazy *******, he is lazy in routs, and doesnt use his body to go get balls he should be snagging, whatever it is with him id say its gotta be effort/lazyness, he got his money he dgafs now he is clearly a guy all about the bills (money) not what he does on the field

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trailer park View Post
    i hate to agree with kingwood, but him and ibleedhonalu are correct, who the F cares you win by 100 or 1? all it is is style points, far as ik those only count in the BCS college football not pros, and id rather win on the skim of our teeth then not win at all, we are competitve, but that was supposed to be like that 2 seasons ago, we have regressed, and theres no excuse for it

talked to a guy at a gas station about this and he said theres just no discipline at all, were a mess, and unless we change that we ant doing **** in the league

we act like a bunch of white trash/******s players and coaches, if we have the same result next season, we need to have a serious talk with schwartz, love em and all but we cant be below .500 next year

Well lets be real here, by in large, we're losing the same games that we won last year. This year we have one of the hardest schedules of any time and that was not the case last year so the case can be made that we didn't really regress, but we didn't improve either...we just kind of kept the status quo which I do think is a problem, but not a HUGE problem. It'll be a bigger problem next year if we don't make progress (which we should).

Plus, from the start of the season, in most projections, we were not listed as a playoff team and while I tried my best to not buy the whole, 'first year successes see a regression before making a serious run the following season', but thus far it's been true.

In the end, it's not nearly as bad as the doomsdayers here say but it's also not best case scenario, it's all somewhere in the middle with this team. Next year is absolutely the breaking point of where this team can go and where Schwartz/Mayhew can bring us IMO.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    I really don't understand how he doesn't improve in catching the ball and not fumbling. He blocks well, is good after contact. He has to know that he sucks at catching and fumbling. He lost his team the game Thursday. He better fix those 2 things that are so easy to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    Calvin Johnson is the worse decoy to ever put on football pads they should have drafted a big play reciever years ago. Golden Tate is a good side piece but I wouldnt have him as my full time number 1 WR.

vCash
    I think if we don't win out or certain struggles continue several people need to go.

vCash
    Let's not forget Pettigrew and that STELLAR run blocking is just killing it!! Jimmy Graham be damned!!

Who cares about fumbles?? He blocks that outside edge like a son of a gun! That's why we break open so many big gains on the outside edge with this explosive run game!

Scrap Detroit!!

First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    ^ignorant as ****.

I'd rather be competing with elite teams but barely losing causing us to be 4-12 than be 12-4 barely beating the bottom of the barrel teams.

You're basically telling me you'd rather see the Lions play sloppy against sloppy teams and win than see real actual good football games against real actual good teams.

Wins are NOT everything. Period.
    Man this guy is a complete clown. First off, he's STILL hanging onto the fact that Grew is a GREAT BLOCKER!!! Forget fumbling balls in tense, critical situations TIME AFTER TIME. He's a blocker!!! On a team with essentially NO RUN GAME!!!

And you're telling me you'd rather be in our situation right now...COMPETING with teams - AND LOSING!!!!!! - rather than being 12-4??? Is he high or something???

I might be confused, but WINNING games (regardless of how) eventually gets you into a Super Bowl, right?? And then WINNING that game - correct me if I'm wrong - means you WIN the Super Bowl, right??? That is the point of this whole thing, isn't it?? Give me a barely making the playoffs season like the Giants did last year, being finished off with a ****ing ring on your finger over this crap idea of a successful season you got in mind.

You play to win god dammit. Not to be "competing with elite teams" and lose!!! NO ONE remembers who competed with elite teams and lost later in life - they remember who took home the jewelry and played in ****ing Super Bowls.

Seems VERY similar to the statement of not caring your tight end can't catch or hang onto a ball - but he blocks real well!!! Jesus christ, pack it up and go take it to the Red Wings forum with this ****.

Scrap Detroit!!

First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Man this guy is a complete clown. First off, he's STILL hanging onto the fact that Grew is a GREAT BLOCKER!!! Forget fumbling balls in tense, critical situations TIME AFTER TIME. He's a blocker!!! On a team with essentially NO RUN GAME!!!
    Which would be why I said take him out of passing plays, or just use him as a blocker.

Seriously, do you know nothing of football? Many tight ends get used as just blockers, you want us to not use Grew at all when he's an elite blocker? Are you seriously that stupid?

And you're telling me you'd rather be in our situation right now...COMPETING with teams - AND LOSING!!!!!! - rather than being 12-4??? Is he high or something???
    I don't want undeserved wins playing weak opponents and be a pathetic 12-4 team. I'd rather be a team that is competitive against top opponents.

I might be confused, but WINNING games (regardless of how) eventually gets you into a Super Bowl, right?? And then WINNING that game - correct me if I'm wrong - means you WIN the Super Bowl, right??? That is the point of this whole thing, isn't it?? Give me a barely making the playoffs season like the Giants did last year, being finished off with a ****ing ring on your finger over this crap idea of a successful season you got in mind.
    Learn reading comprehension, it's a very good skill.

I SPECIFICALLY said winning games against weak opponents, but getting your *** kicked against top competition. Being 12-4 and going to the playoffs does jack ****ing **** for you when you get to the playoffs and get destroyed because the only reason you made it to the playoffs is because you beat pathetic teams, all you end up with is a lower draft pick, and getting embarrassed on national TV.

You play to win god dammit. Not to be "competing with elite teams" and lose!!! NO ONE remembers who competed with elite teams and lost later in life - they remember who took home the jewelry and played in ****ing Super Bowls.
    Again, I'd rather be good against top competition than beat low end opponents to get a good record and then get embarassed in the playoffs.

And like you said, the goal is to win a superbowl, if all you can do is beat up on weak teams and get trounced by elite teams, you aren't going to ****ing make the superbowl are you? Use your brain for once, ffs.

In fact, winning games like that only sets you back, as I said, you get lower picks, and it makes it harder for you to improve your team.

Seems VERY similar to the statement of not caring your tight end can't catch or hang onto a ball - but he blocks real well!!! Jesus christ, pack it up and go take it to the Red Wings forum with this ****.
    My argument about Graham was just that, about Graham, less about Pettigrew.

Pettigrew has **** the bed this year, I'd take him out of probably my top 15 TEs right now.

The thing is - Graham is STILL overrated, he can't block for ****. You see how you're getting angry over Pettigrew not being good in the passing game? Well it's the same goddamn thing for Graham in the blocking game, which AGAIN, is half of a tight ends job. The fact that you think Grew is awful for being bad at half of a tight ends job just proves my point - Tight Ends need to fulfill BOTH roles, not just one, which Graham does not do. The fact that you can't see this is a little pathetic.

At the end of the day, we're better than the other 4-7 teams. We just got unlucky with an extremely tough schedule, people overvalue wins.

I repeat this again, winning games because you're facing weak opponents merely gets you a late draft pick, which makes it harder to improve. Then the next year when you face tougher teams and go 5-11, people are like "WHAT HAPPENED", You know exactly what the hell happened, your team was sorry and got where it got because they played weak opponents, not because they were good.

People need to look more at how good a team plays rather than just wins, just because you lose does not mean you are aweful.

Anyone who tells me that you'd rather have a better record by beating weak opponents is NOT SEEING THE BIG PICTURE.
    Last edited by basch152; 11-27-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast