Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    First off Rocket...Grew isn't dropping passes because he's having them batted away by the DBs. Unless he calls his left hand "D", and his right hand "B".

And I haven't even once thrown ANY stats out there trying to prove ANY point - and yet basch keeps trying to say all I'm doing is talking stats-stats-stats. I haven't even looked up a Jimmy Graham stat that I can even recall!! The proof is in the pudding...one guy is a lethal passing threat in a passing league that would excel greatly on this pass heavy team. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure the Lions are THE MOST pass heavy team in the NFL!!! So discredit the positional player that's BETTER IN THE PASSING GAME??? Don't need ANY stats to see that!! One player is an incredible receiving tight end, the other drops a ton of balls thrown his way, and fumbles a crap load of the ones he's actually able to wrangle in. But he blocks a bit better...so he's a better fit on the team that passes all the time?? Are you an alcoholic or something that only posts when drunk???

Gonzalez isn't PRIME right now. And neither is Gates. Both are below Graham in the current time frame - so as I've said and answered you probably 10 ****ing times - GRAHAM IS THE #2 TIGHT END BEHIND GRONKOWSKI RIGHT NOW - ARGUABLY THE #1!!! YES, THAT INCLUDES GONZALEZ CURRENTLY, AS WELL AS GATES...AND EVERY OTHER TIGHT END IN THE NFL WHICH IS WHY IT IS #2 OVERALL. THAT IS WHAT OVERALL MEANS - IT INCLUDES EVERYONE OVERALL!!!

I do not care about a "complete tight end". We don't run a balanced "complete" offense. We throw the damn ball!! And pretend to have a run game when we want to waste a first down or ruin a game on 3rd and short. Grew's blocking can be as stellar as you try and sell it (although I don't think it's nearly as great as you portray it) but it is yielding no offensive production what so ever, so who the hell cares??? Adding another receiving threat, without the fumbles, without the dropped passes, and who is 10X better as a receiving tight end would improve the offense TREMENDOUSLY!!! Losing the blocking he provides would do NOTHING!! What, will it decrease the efficiency of the AWESOME Nate Burelson end around play?? Open up some corners blocking some DBs so our RBs can get to the outside edge??? The RBs never do ANYTHING other than try and charge right between the tackles anyways!!!!

YOU HAVE NO POINTS TO PROVE WRONG!!!! This is you: "Blah blah blah, stats. Blah blah blah, blocking. Blah blah blah, you don't have football knowledge." Yet the only thing you can try and exhibit about having ANY sort of "football knowledge" is using the terms block, and tight end.

Jimmy Graham is 8th best???? Man...you make it EASIER and EASIER every time you open your mouth to see how much of a baffoon you are. You prove yourself wrong, and discredit everything further you have to say by that statement right there. Oh yeah, and the little jewel of gold highlighted in my sig.

Face it. You're a joke. You're point is an even bigger joke. Every single week I watch the games, see this pathetic excuse of a former first round pick drop and fumble his way onto the bench while Tony Scheffler comes in and makes him look like a fool. Which is ironic, because you look like just as much of one!!!

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    "First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated..."

Scrap Detroit!!

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I rather have a TE that can block and is a great TE when he's not dropping or fumbling the ball than a TE that can only catch

Pettigrew doesn't drop every single pass.

TE that can block and drops the catch maybe once or twice in 2 games > TE that can only catch

And Grew is great after the catch, I hope you guys that Grew isn't dropping the passes because he's just dropping them, usually he brings the ball in an awkward way and it gets batted by the DB. He needs to get taught on how to bring in a ball he catches. I would rather have Jimmy than Grew btw.
    Comes on man, Grew is guaranteed at least 2 or 3 open drops a game with 1 or 2 drops when he is covered. Not to mention the guy has no ball control. This year alone he has lost us 2 games by getting it ripped out of his hands from a much smaller defender. Also he is useless in run blocking because this team cant run the ball. He is pretty much a useless TE for this team and Scheff needs to get his minutes.

vCash
    Can we ALSO point out, that the majority of running/blocking situational plays - PETTIGREW, the top notch blocking talent isn't even out there on the field!!! They've been bringing in Riley Reiff on most of them!!!

Scrap Detroit!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    First off Rocket...Grew isn't dropping passes because he's having them batted away by the DBs. Unless he calls his left hand "D", and his right hand "B".

And I haven't even once thrown ANY stats out there trying to prove ANY point - and yet basch keeps trying to say all I'm doing is talking stats-stats-stats. I haven't even looked up a Jimmy Graham stat that I can even recall!! The proof is in the pudding...one guy is a lethal passing threat in a passing league that would excel greatly on this pass heavy team. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure the Lions are THE MOST pass heavy team in the NFL!!! So discredit the positional player that's BETTER IN THE PASSING GAME??? Don't need ANY stats to see that!! One player is an incredible receiving tight end, the other drops a ton of balls thrown his way, and fumbles a crap load of the ones he's actually able to wrangle in. But he blocks a bit better...so he's a better fit on the team that passes all the time?? Are you an alcoholic or something that only posts when drunk???

Gonzalez isn't PRIME right now. And neither is Gates. Both are below Graham in the current time frame - so as I've said and answered you probably 10 ****ing times - GRAHAM IS THE #2 TIGHT END BEHIND GRONKOWSKI RIGHT NOW - ARGUABLY THE #1!!! YES, THAT INCLUDES GONZALEZ CURRENTLY, AS WELL AS GATES...AND EVERY OTHER TIGHT END IN THE NFL WHICH IS WHY IT IS #2 OVERALL. THAT IS WHAT OVERALL MEANS - IT INCLUDES EVERYONE OVERALL!!!

I do not care about a "complete tight end". We don't run a balanced "complete" offense. We throw the damn ball!! And pretend to have a run game when we want to waste a first down or ruin a game on 3rd and short. Grew's blocking can be as stellar as you try and sell it (although I don't think it's nearly as great as you portray it) but it is yielding no offensive production what so ever, so who the hell cares??? Adding another receiving threat, without the fumbles, without the dropped passes, and who is 10X better as a receiving tight end would improve the offense TREMENDOUSLY!!! Losing the blocking he provides would do NOTHING!! What, will it decrease the efficiency of the AWESOME Nate Burelson end around play?? Open up some corners blocking some DBs so our RBs can get to the outside edge??? The RBs never do ANYTHING other than try and charge right between the tackles anyways!!!!

YOU HAVE NO POINTS TO PROVE WRONG!!!! This is you: "Blah blah blah, stats. Blah blah blah, blocking. Blah blah blah, you don't have football knowledge." Yet the only thing you can try and exhibit about having ANY sort of "football knowledge" is using the terms block, and tight end.

Jimmy Graham is 8th best???? Man...you make it EASIER and EASIER every time you open your mouth to see how much of a baffoon you are. You prove yourself wrong, and discredit everything further you have to say by that statement right there. Oh yeah, and the little jewel of gold highlighted in my sig.

Face it. You're a joke. You're point is an even bigger joke. Every single week I watch the games, see this pathetic excuse of a former first round pick drop and fumble his way onto the bench while Tony Scheffler comes in and makes him look like a fool. Which is ironic, because you look like just as much of one!!!
    Yeah he actually is, most of his DROPS are for that exact reason. He isn't bringing in the ball correctly.

vCash
    He doesn't bring in the ball correctly when there isn't a DB involved, either.

Scrap Detroit!!

vCash
    Exactly. I hate Pettigrew, I'm not trying to defend him because he insists that he works on not dropping the ball but every week he does. And yeah it's not like the ball is hitting him in the hands and hes dropping it every time its a mix of all things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Yeah he actually is, most of his DROPS are for that exact reason. He isn't bringing in the ball correctly.
    Who gives a **** WHY he drops passes......the fact is Pettigrew drops passes when he is paid to catch passes.

I am tired of hearing bout all his great blocking skills too....If he was so great at blocking, then why do we throw Reiff in there as a third tackle to support the run??

Don't even say it's to get Reiff time on the field because I am sure Backus and/or Cherilus would be HAPPY to take 5-10 plays off each week to give Reiff a little work.......especially how old Backus is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Who gives a **** WHY he drops passes......the fact is Pettigrew drops passes when he is paid to catch passes.

I am tired of hearing bout all his great blocking skills too....If he was so great at blocking, then why do we throw Reiff in there as a third tackle to support the run??

Don't even say it's to get Reiff time on the field because I am sure Backus and/or Cherilus would be HAPPY to take 5-10 plays off each week to give Reiff a little work.......especially how old Backus is.
    ok your right, grew sucks at run blocking

vCash
    He very well may be the greatest blocking tight end in the entire NFL. But what does that skill set - being on this roster - yield?? Our run game is horrible. It's practically useless. Could be the fault of the running back. Could be the O-line. Could be horrible play calling. Probably a combination of all 3. But that doesn't matter. This run game - with or without Pettigrew and his lead leaguing blocking from a tight end - is HORRIBLE.

Give me a tight end that can be more well utilized with the aspects of the game where we excel...where we thrive...where we actually GO the majority of the time...and your team is better off.

To make an analogy...put it this way. Your girl might have the nicest, softest lips in the entire world. But she never lets you kiss her...and she definitely doesn't ever drop down and give you a proper how do you do. She lets you have sex with her all the time...but her vajeen is littered with warts, ingrown hairs, and oozing puss. But you're hanging onto your girl...hell, you even got people saying your girl is 10 times better then that hot little number next door who has the BOMB goodies, but has thinner lips. It just don't make sense!!

Scrap Detroit!!

vCash
    He very well may be the greatest blocking tight end in the entire NFL. But what does that skill set - being on this roster - yield?? Our run game is horrible. It's practically useless. Could be the fault of the running back. Could be the O-line. Could be horrible play calling. Probably a combination of all 3. But that doesn't matter. This run game - with or without Pettigrew and his lead leaguing blocking from a tight end - is HORRIBLE.

Give me a tight end that can be more well utilized with the aspects of the game where we excel...where we thrive...where we actually GO the majority of the time...and your team is better off.

To make an analogy...put it this way. Your girl might have the nicest, softest lips in the entire world. But she never lets you kiss her...and she definitely doesn't ever drop down and give you a proper how do you do. She lets you have sex with her all the time...but her vajeen is littered with warts, ingrown hairs, and oozing puss. But you're hanging onto your girl...hell, you even got people saying your girl is 10 times better then that hot little number next door who has the BOMB goodies, but has thinner lips. It just don't make sense!!
    I hate Grew just as much as you do Driz. He has dropped or fumbled the ball at crucial points this season. If he is great at blocking than what the hell is that skill used for in our offense when we pass the ball so much. We can't run the ball out of a wet paper bag. I would much rather have a TE who can catch the Damn ball then a complete TE that can't hold onto or catch the ball.

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Combined Tackles: 28
    Solo Tackles: 23
    Assisted Tackles: 5
    Sacks: 4.5

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 10-4-5 PTS: 25
    Detroit Lions 7-3
    Detroit Tigers Another disappointing season
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 3-0 ACC:
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 11-0 ACC: 8-0

vCash
    It's like drafting a linebacker who can shoot the 3 ball really well.

Like he can't tackle for a damn, but get him in the gym and he shoots the lights out from the perimeter!

Scrap Detroit!!

vCash
    It's like drafting a linebacker who can shoot the 3 ball really well.

Like he can't tackle for a damn, but get him in the gym and he shoots the lights out from the perimeter!
    Joe Dumars: Go on, I'm listening.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345