Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Hasheem Thabeet Could Sign With Thunder, According To Report

The Oklahoma City Thunder have had tremendous good fortune in the NBA Draft in recent years, getting Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden from top-five picks and landing Perry Jones after the Baylor forward fell like a rock in Thursday's iteration. But the team is reportedly interested in one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory: SI.com's Sam Amick reports that Oklahoma City is Hasheem Thabeet's most likely landing spot.

Amick says Oklahoma City is the "most likely landing spot" for Thabeet, who was selected by the Grizzlies with the No. 2 pick of the 2009 NBA Draft and has already played for three teams, bouncing from Memphis to Houston and Portland.

Thabeet's skill as a shot-blocker at UConn has not translated to the NBA, and his undercooked offensive game has made him a massive project at best, with his limitations so severe that he's yet to play 900 minutes in an NBA season. But at 7'3", Thabeet provides size unmatched on the free agent market -- and the Thunder could use some underneath.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/7/1...ba-free-agency

vCash
    Why do this when you could just bring Pleiss over and have a better player with more upside for less money.

vCash
    because pleiss is not coming this year...
    kind of a "bet" that we'll make him better and be able to trade him in the futur for other assets.

vCash
    Maybe Ibaka can rub off on him.

vCash
    You can't teach height and length, which makes this a solid investment considering how small the contract will most likely be.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    After thinking this out further i think if it's true this is what will happen....They have him play for the summer league team first, then bring him to training camp on a non guaranteed contract, if he makes the team it'll be for the minimum or pretty close to that. Work ethic has been his NBA knock but if you put him around a bunch of workers maybe it rubs off, if it doesnt he wont make it through training camp, if it does you maybe have a future asset down the line.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    the thing with him is that he doesn't fit the organisation. Lack of effort, lack of work ethic...it's strange. Presti must think that he can change that...i'm not sure but i never talk with hasheem Presti did a few times !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
    the thing with him is that he doesn't fit the organisation. Lack of effort, lack of work ethic...it's strange. Presti must think that he can change that...i'm not sure but i never talk with hasheem Presti did a few times !
    I thought the same thing, maybe Presti feels its not as bad as it seems and if you put him around 14 workers he'll fall in line.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    Imagine if this organization did change Thabeet's effort levels? Then we'd have a newly motivated, 7'3", #2 overall pick with undeniable talent.

That's well worth the risk of a very small contract.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Imagine if this organization did change Thabeet's effort levels? Then we'd have a newly motivated, 7'3", #2 overall pick with undeniable talent.

That's well worth the risk of a very small contract.
    Very worth this risk. Anyone know if he is still in OkC? Whats the chance he signs if the Thunder let him leave the city?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    Very worth this risk. Anyone know if he is still in OkC? Whats the chance he signs if the Thunder let him leave the city?
    I'd give us a 50% chance. He's not going to generate a ton of interest, but there's absolutely no way that Presti is the only GM out there that sees that possible benefits of a pickup like this.

vCash
    I'm sorry

vCash
    It's nothing more than Presti making a move for the sake of making a move. He always makes it a point to say that he'll never do that. But in this situation, he absolutely is. So he can take all that "we'll never make a move just to make a move" stuff and shove it. We're the softest team in the league and with this move, we'll become even softer.

vCash
    It's official, in case anyone didn't know.

Thabeet is now a member of the Thunder.

vCash
    a 2nd round pick for less than 1m$/year... low risk / possible high reward.
    It's a bet, but i'm ok with it. Working with Perk, Collison, Ibaka and aldrich can be good for him

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast