Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Live Free Die Hard-9/10

I liked this one best...I have watched it like 40 times.
    you go to hell. you go to hell and you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    Gary Oldman and Tom Hardy were the only things that made Lawless reach a 7/10 for me. The movie was terribly average past them, and saying Shia Labeouf is a good actor is like saying... Well, I can't think of a good analogy, so I'll just say that Shia Labeouf is not a good actor. Instead, he is a person that puts himself into every role (not in a good way) an merely reads lines in his own persona and demeanor.
    oh, yeah. i agree. lawless was the first shia movie i have been able to enjoy since holes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    you go to hell. you go to hell and you die.

oh, yeah. i agree. lawless was the first shia movie i have been able to enjoy since holes.
    Live Free Die hard and Die hard with Vengeance are the top 2 by far

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    holy ****.

i hate you.

vCash
    Just watched Pitch Perfect with my sister. Originally didn't want to watch it (you know, because I'm a dude) but it was actually very good. 8.5/10. I saw someone else said they fell in love with Brittany Snow and I agree, she's ****ing gorgeous as a red head and can actually act. I'd actually recommend this movie to anyone.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Live Free Die hard and Die hard with Vengeance are the top 2 by far
    You can seriously go and join Hans Gruber while he falls to his death from the Nakatomi tower in the climax of...

THE GREATEST ACTION MOVIE EVER!

Honestly, this just killed my head. It killed my head, mind, soul, heart and spirit. I cannot comprehend the travesty of your words. The tragedy. The extreme miscalculation. The misguided priorities.

If you would have said that Live Free and Vengeance were your favorites, I would have let you off with a small hyperbole. But stating that they are the top two by far as if a legitimate measurement of the filmmaking prowess on display by John McTiernan is in any way inferior to that of Len Wiseman...

Well, I'm almost speechless.

Almost.

To state that something Les Wiseman directed was better than something John McTiernan directed...

Len Wiseman has directed Underworld, Underworld: Evolution, Live Free and Total Recall.

John McTiernan, among other films, has directed Die Hard, Predator, Die Hard: With a Vengeance, The Hunt for Red October, Last Action Hero, The Thirteenth Warrior and The Thomas Crown Affair. All of those movies are blu-ray worthy while the only blu-ray worthy Wiseman film is Live Free, and the only reason Live Free is blu-ray worthy is because of Bruce Willis playing the character that McTiernan helped create.

I mean, seriously. Do you realize that the theatrical version of Live Free removed the iconic line? Instead of yippee-ki-yay mother******, it was yippee-ki-yay - BANG.

But seriously, all hyperbole and lighthearted screaming aside, if you liked those two better than the best one, I can understand that. But to say they were better? Well, there's a difference there, and I cannot abide that kind of statement without saying something.

And rotten tomatoes and imdb both back me up here, as would any film scholar, critic, director, and probably even Bruce Willis, and certainly John McClane.

/Rant

vCash
    Double feature (Action movies):

Total Recall - 8.5/10
    note: anything with Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel in it is a winner; this was way, way, way better than the original

Dark Knight Rises - 9.5/10
    note: this was the best of the Batman movies, IMO; the villain was excellent...but, I watched in surround sound and his voice resounded off of my walls at a much higher volume than the rest of the movie...anyone else have that experience?
    Last edited by Fred; 12-30-2012 at 10:04 AM.

vCash
    The Last Lullaby. 8/10

vCash
    the faculty-7/10

vCash
    Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind: 5/10

not my cup of tea

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Powaqqatsi: Life in Transformation - 9/10

A wonderful combination of both sound and visuals. I loved it.

vCash
    Vampire's Kiss: lolwat/10

Nicolas Cage was phenomenal as always: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrALs-Nq_I

vCash
    ^that's where the gif originated from? lol.

vCash
    Django Unchained - 8.5/10

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Groundhog day: 8/10

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Hunger Games. 7/10. Kept me interested but some really dumb stuff. Like the animated dog things and the fact that out of 24 people to be killed, she only killed one herself and won.

Avengers. 7/10. Way too much technical mumbo jumbo but fun nonetheless. Batman series crushes these cartoon movies.

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast