Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

WWE: Was Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock the greatest wrestling rivalry ever?

I just watched The Epic Journey of Rock DVD followed by Stone Cold Steve Austin Bottom Line and i could not believe how emotional it was. That was the most exciting rivalry i have personally witnessed and both of those guys gave their all to the business.

People that do not know wrestling will say that wrestling is fake and all that crap. All they need to do is watch one of these WWE DVD's to see that is not true.

Sure what you see on tv is staged but there is nothing fake about it. The hard work and sweat and injuries. All the travelling and sacrifice. Most casual fabs do not understand the business and politics of it. They do not realize how much of a dog fight it really is and i do not think any two superstars show this more than The Rock and Stone Cold.

I cannot personally think of any rivalry i liked better.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    I take HBK-Hitman over it since there was truth to it and it was personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Sting vs. Hogan/NWO or HBK and Hart

vCash
    It was the best, I agree.

vCash
    Hogan/Savage back in the what late 80's/early 90's? they were a team called the Mega Powers and not a team going against each other.

vCash
    Yes! IMO this was the best rivalry, it ushered and entertained me throughout one of the best eras in wrestling.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 11
    Yards: 97
    Tds: 3

vCash
    On screen purposes the Austin-McMahon feud was just as big, if not bigger.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

NW Indiana (just outside my hometown of Chicago)
    vCash
    To me, the WWF/E was at the heights of its popularity when Stone Cold and The Rock were going at each other. As far as I'm concerned, there was nothing else like it. The build-up to their WM17 match was absolutely epic and the match itself lived up to all the hype, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmAGV5q-VB4
    Last edited by Madden King; 11-17-2012 at 02:34 AM.

vCash
    Personally my favorite rivalries are....

1. Austin-McMahon
    2. Hart-HBK
    3. Austin-Rock
    4. Hogan/Savage

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    For me, yes. It was probably one of the few, if not the only, time where you had two mega stars competing against each other in there prime. I remember as a kid always getting goosebumps whenever Austin and Rock were feuding with each other.

Few guys are popular enough to transcend being known by people outside of the wwe universe, and both of these guys are/were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    It's hard to choose really in that era. Austin Mcmahon started it all and ushered in a new phase of wrestling. Austin Rock was one that was just awesome and both wrestlers were just incredible against each other... Austin Undertaker is the most underrated one and they both had some incredible matches but my favorite was Rock HHH in the late 90's and early 2000's.

vCash
    Rock/Austin was the greatest ever.. I even liked their feud in 2003 that led to WM

That (along with the Austin/McMahon) was the reason to the biggest & best era in wrestling history

vCash
    Yes IMO it was the best

vCash
    Its simple because it wasn't the best

Sting vs NWO
    Hart vs McMahon
    Hogan vs Savage
    Hogan vs The Family
    The Hart Foundation vs USA

were all as good if not better, but The Rock wasn't even Austin's biggest rival

McMahon vs Austin and Hitman vs Austin were wy bigger.

They had a great run though

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    I liked Hart vs HBK Austin vs Mcmahon and Flair vs Steamboat better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast