Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    1 theirs absolutely no way Hamilton gets only 5/100, the rumored starting asking price is somewhere around 7yrs 200m. I would be surprised if he got that but someone is guaranteed to give him somewhere around 6-7yrs @ 25M plus.

2 the only way i would want Hamilton is on a 1 yr deal and pay him 30m or whatever to give this team the kind of bat we need to really make a run a the WS in what will likely be Pettitte and Mo's last yr.

3 I'm not Swishers biggest fan but i don't see how anyone can deny how valuable he was for us while he was here. He averaged .268, 27 hrs, 88 rbis a 367 obp with an 850 ops and was a 2.6 war player for us over 4 yrs. So many of u guys rave about J upton but those numbers are as good or better than his in alot of area's. My point being if we were getting an ofer that hit 270 with 25 + hr and 85 rbi potential with a 3.5 war last yr we'd be thrilled. 4yrs 60m is more than i'd like to pay Swisher but i have yet to see anyone suggest a player that we could sign that will put up those kind of numbers consistently for that price. Hamilton is going to cost close to double that with a far bigger risk associated with it. BI Upton who is capable of putting up very similar numbers, with far better defense and way more SB's is looking for 5yrs and 16-18m a yr but he also comes with a huge risk he'll regress from last yr become incredibly inconsistent again.
    Unless we unload 2-3 of our better prospects were not going to find that kind of production or close for that kind of money IMO

Why 95% of the people on here want him gone especially with our offensive needs next yr is beyound me
    This is a very good post.

Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    People want swisher gone for two main reasons:

1- Playoff failures. Nobody cares about the regular season in ny in any sport. Perform in the playoffs or you suck. See: Arod.....and Arod even won us a WS by himself. But the other playoff failures outweigh it in NY eyes.

2- Our other positions are on multi year lockdown. Hence, RF is basically the ONLY position we can make a change to shake it up a bit. So, Swisher is the fall guy.

Add in the fact of the $189m.....then why in the world would we commit 8% of that annual total and pay elite money (15m per) to an average solid player like Swisher? Need to cut salary somewhere.
    This one is better.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash

1- Playoff failures. Nobody cares about the regular season in ny in any sport. Perform in the playoffs or you suck. See: Arod.....and Arod even won us a WS by himself. But the other playoff failures outweigh it in NY eyes.

2- Our other positions are on multi year lockdown. Hence, RF is basically the ONLY position we can make a change to shake it up a bit. So, Swisher is the fall guy.

Add in the fact of the $189m.....then why in the world would we commit 8% of that annual total and pay elite money (15m per) to an average solid player like Swisher? Need to cut salary somewhere.
    totally agree with u on most of your post but just playing devils advocate here how do we replace our 2nd best hitter from last yr and that kind of consistent production. We have the 189 budget looming over our heads so signing a better FA is out and we re desperately going to need the top prospects we have and really can't afford to trade 2-3 of our top 5

The O's are going to be better next yr because their going to have a couple premium prospects ready next yr and our looking to spend big free agency. The Jays have already massively improved just with that trade and the Melky signing and they say their not done plus they have one of the better farm systems available with very good prospect that are going to be ready next yr as well, The Rays will be relevent because of their pitching staff alone and Freidman always seem to put together a solid team. The Soxs are spending like crazy and maybe better than we hope. My point being were no lock to make the playoffs .

Our offense is what failed us last yr in the playoffs and theirs a solid chance we wouldn't have made the playoffs without Swishers numbers during the regualar season. Searching the scrap heap for an ofer isn't going to cut it especially with the huge questions surrounding Jeter, Arod and Tex

Your talking about saving money by not resigning Swisher but whats the point of resigning Mo and Pettitte if were not going to feild a team that doesn't have a really good shot at atleast making the playoffs. Bringing back those 2 is pointless unless we are a legit playoff team and looking at we currently have i'm not certain we are. Were going to have to have Jeter return 100 healthy and have a similar yr to last yr a much improved and healthy Arod and a much better offensive yr from Tex to have a chance as we stand now

I'm not advocating bring Swisher back especially at that cost but i have yet to hear a legit answer how were going to replace what he has brought to the table consistently for the last 4yrs

vCash
    ^ I think ur missing the point. It's the years, not the loot. I'm sure they'd pay swisher a boatload for one year, but why in the world would u give him 4/5 years at $15 mil?

That's just ********.

Itchy can fill in just fine for one year. We won't miss the home runs and itchy will probably make up any lack of production in defense.

As I always state.....f the stats. I know what I see. I'd take Itchy over Swisher for one year anytime.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Ps. Thanks LL.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    the yankees had a fluke year offensive wise, when you look at the overall results youd think they had a good year, you take swisher out of the equation and not replace his production people are going to see a vastly underperforming lineup next year if they arent addressed.

Suzuki played great but it was a short sample on a guy whos going to be older.

the team would bank their production on cano - teix and arod and granderson if they put him in the meat of the order.

I rather give swisher the 4 to 5 year deal than Cano who will demand more years and money. Out of cano - granderson and swisher the guy who id trust more in that their decline wont be that rapid is swisher.

vCash
    also fans who only focus on the post season stats are morons to begin with, if they dont care what a player does during the regular season only the post season they have their right to think that way but that doesnt make them right and management shouldnt make decisions on what fans think is best for the team, make a move just for the sake of it.

Teams dont need big ticket players to be contenders, when we won in 96 - 98 we had a lot of players who werent great but helped the team a la swisher

vCash
    Where's the article? Can someone post it to the original post? I don't feel like reading through these pages for it.

vCash

Swisher did more in that Series to help us win than Arod. Other than that homer off the camera, Arod did squat. Yes, he got us there, but he didn't do anything in the series except a homer and a RBI double.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Also, Merry Nick Swisher birthday everyone!!!!

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Swisher did more in that Series to help us win than Arod. Other than that homer off the camera, Arod did squat. Yes, he got us there, but he didn't do anything in the series except a homer and a RBI double.
    Ummmm.....in the 6 game World Series:

Arod
    .423 obp
    6 RBI
    8 walks
    3 hbp

Including that huge hr off hamels when we were dead at 3-0. Then that HUGE RBI double off lidge.

Swisher batted .133 w 1 RBI.

U smoking crack?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I seriously think you're fking ********.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djall10 View Post
    Sorry if I don't want to be pinned to a alcoholic, drug addict for 5 years at $20 mil...playing in NYC of all places where he is one drink away from the gutter! REALLY, I would never agree with those years and dollars for Hamilton, ever.

I think many people forget how difficult it is for players to come to NYC and perform...Swisher, not only performed, but elevated his game and relished the spotlight when he came to the Yankees.
    Unfortunately people on here never appreciated his regular season numbers and solely focused on just postseason stats for his overall value...
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    1 theirs absolutely no way Hamilton gets only 5/100, the rumored starting asking price is somewhere around 7yrs 200m. I would be surprised if he got that but someone is guaranteed to give him somewhere around 6-7yrs @ 25M plus.

2 the only way i would want Hamilton is on a 1 yr deal and pay him 30m or whatever to give this team the kind of bat we need to really make a run a the WS in what will likely be Pettitte and Mo's last yr.

3 I'm not Swishers biggest fan but i don't see how anyone can deny how valuable he was for us while he was here. He averaged .268, 27 hrs, 88 rbis a 367 obp with an 850 ops and was a 2.6 war player for us over 4 yrs. So many of u guys rave about J upton but those numbers are as good or better than his in alot of area's. My point being if we were getting an ofer that hit 270 with 25 + hr and 85 rbi potential with a 3.5 war last yr we'd be thrilled. 4yrs 60m is more than i'd like to pay Swisher but i have yet to see anyone suggest a player that we could sign that will put up those kind of numbers consistently for that price. Hamilton is going to cost close to double that with a far bigger risk associated with it. BI Upton who is capable of putting up very similar numbers, with far better defense and way more SB's is looking for 5yrs and 16-18m a yr but he also comes with a huge risk he'll regress from last yr become incredibly inconsistent again.
    Unless we unload 2-3 of our better prospects were not going to find that kind of production or close for that kind of money IMO

Why 95% of the people on here want him gone especially with our offensive needs next yr is beyound me
    That is what I can't figure out.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Unfortunately people on here never appreciated his regular season numbers and solely focused on just postseason stats for his overall value...
    His postseason numbers are absolutely inexcusable. But you can't ignore the consistency he has in the 162 game seasons for this offense during his tenure with the Yankees.

vCash

Bullcrap! He singlehandedly carried this team in the 2009 postseason, he should have deserved a free pass forever....ARod's hatred is all due to his contract.....But that is what you get when you sell your soul to the devil...

Making a productive fall guy sure makes sense.......nonsense!

But you still have not given us players to play RF.
    Nick

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast