Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeymantle View Post
    Baseball is supposed to be fun........Swisher is fun...he gets it....he is being paid millions to play and kid's game and he plays like a kid who loves it...I will miss him and still value what he contributed to the Yanks....remember, he was signed as a first baseman...then surprisingly Tex was signed...I think yanks got more value outta swish than Tex. and Swish got the Yanks to the World Series, which they won, in 2009....

He is just a good guy....
    Hey kid, good luck with your good-natured, kind-hearted, level-headed posts in this forum...they don't go very far without a massive amount of stats, sarcasm and skepticism.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djall10 View Post
    You are right the "trend" is disheartening but your second point is off base...how long were we tied for the division lead or less than 2 games up??? A majority of the second half....we don't get to the post season without a complete lineup,
    A) It was only close for 2/3 of the season BECAUSE of all the aforementioned injuries.

2) Even with them, there was no penant real race. The Yanks collapsed, and still won 95 games.

C) They virtually locked up a post-season berth (even if not the title) early on.

D) I would argue that the Yankees have a more "COMPLETE" lineup (as you put it) with Ichiro then they do with Swisher.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    apparently small samples from ichiro warrant fanbase to believe he makes our lineup complete not only are we losing rapid power with arods decline but we substitute swishers with ichiros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    apparently small samples from ichiro warrant fanbase to believe he makes our lineup complete not only are we losing rapid power with arods decline but we substitute swishers with ichiros
    People let their Swisher hate overtake them and don't really think logically. I hope for Ichiro's sake he doesn't smile at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    Lol.

Yanks hit 245 home runs last season. Swisher had 24 of them. Take out his 24 and you're left with 221. To put that in perspective, Rangers had 200 home runs all season. Plus we had more injuries than them.

And hitting home runs all the time will not win you games. Hence, the post season. Manufacturing runs does. Bourne, Ichiro, Victorino, etc..

A-rod, Tex, Granderson, Cano, Martin, Ibanez supply enough of our power.

Bye Swisher.

vCash
    3rd in HRs, 2nd in 2Bs, 3rd in AVG, 2nd in OBP out of our starters. Clearly not just HRs we are losing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    3rd in HRs, 2nd in 2Bs, 3rd in AVG, 2nd in OBP out of our starters. Clearly not just HRs we are losing.
    Add in the smiling effect and this guy clearly needs to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    1 theirs absolutely no way Hamilton gets only 5/100, the rumored starting asking price is somewhere around 7yrs 200m. I would be surprised if he got that but someone is guaranteed to give him somewhere around 6-7yrs @ 25M plus.

2 the only way i would want Hamilton is on a 1 yr deal and pay him 30m or whatever to give this team the kind of bat we need to really make a run a the WS in what will likely be Pettitte and Mo's last yr.

3 I'm not Swishers biggest fan but i don't see how anyone can deny how valuable he was for us while he was here. He averaged .268, 27 hrs, 88 rbis a 367 obp with an 850 ops and was a 2.6 war player for us over 4 yrs. So many of u guys rave about J upton but those numbers are as good or better than his in alot of area's. My point being if we were getting an ofer that hit 270 with 25 + hr and 85 rbi potential with a 3.5 war last yr we'd be thrilled. 4yrs 60m is more than i'd like to pay Swisher but i have yet to see anyone suggest a player that we could sign that will put up those kind of numbers consistently for that price. Hamilton is going to cost close to double that with a far bigger risk associated with it. BI Upton who is capable of putting up very similar numbers, with far better defense and way more SB's is looking for 5yrs and 16-18m a yr but he also comes with a huge risk he'll regress from last yr become incredibly inconsistent again.
    Unless we unload 2-3 of our better prospects were not going to find that kind of production or close for that kind of money IMO

Why 95% of the people on here want him gone especially with our offensive needs next yr is beyound me
    I wasn't saying Hamilton would accept that offer. I was merely stating I would rather sign Hamilton for 5/100 then Swisher at 4/60.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Lol.

Yanks hit 245 home runs last season. Swisher had 24 of them. Take out his 24 and you're left with 221. To put that in perspective, Rangers had 200 home runs all season. Plus we had more injuries than them.

And hitting home runs all the time will not win you games. Hence, the post season. Manufacturing runs does. Bourne, Ichiro, Victorino, etc..

A-rod, Tex, Granderson, Cano, Martin, Ibanez supply enough of our power.

Bye Swisher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I wasn't saying Hamilton would accept that offer. I was merely stating I would rather sign Hamilton for 5/100 then Swisher at 4/60.
    I would rather sign Bourne for 10 yrs @ $2.50 then Hamilton at 5/$99,000,000

swidt?

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    I would rather sign Bourne for 10 yrs @ $2.50 then Hamilton at 5/$99,000,000

swidt?
    Nah, why over pay for another Tony Womack?

vCash
    I have never liked Swisher as a player . I think he was too much of a street performer . I always saw him as a guy who loves the attention on him. as for the player a below average outfielder a guy who is streaky , a guy who does not hit in the clutch or good pitching. A hitter who used Yankee stadium as a stat padder. I will raise a glass in celerbration when he signs with another team

vCash
    I just dont get the love for him. Why pay a guy 15m over the next 4 years when he clearly cannot hit in the postseason. I also dont understand what people mean when they say he was "instrumental" in winning the WS back in 09. He hit .128 in the postseason in 2009 with a .489OPS

I also dont like his swing for the fence mentality. 4 years of continued failure in the postseason is enough for me. Grandy, Gardner and Ichiro is just fine. Use the 15m for some good bench players like Keppinger and Hairston

vCash
    Name me a guy who makes $15million a year that swisher is better than. Now tell me if that guys contract was a smart idea.

Thank you.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Name me a guy who makes $15million a year that swisher is better than. Now tell me if that guys contract was a smart idea.

Thank you.
    Derek Lowe made 15 million last year haha.

Chase Utley
    Cole Hamels
    Matt Cain
    David Wright
    Hanley Ramirez
    Adrian Beltre
    Mariano Rivera

All made 15 million in 2012.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast