Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    15 a year for swisher when jayson werth is getting 18 a year would be a great deal

vCash
    In a heartbeat...

Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    4/60 for swisher? My goodness, no.

What is the world coming to?

vCash
    I think more than the dollar figure, fans should be happy with that deal because of the lack of years in the contract...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djall10 View Post
    It NEVER ceases to amaze me how ridiculously hated Swisher is to all of you...

First of all, he gave us 4 above average productive years at the plate and in the field, did it with great fun & entertainment and cannot possibly be the scapegoat for the post season failures.

Second, I read he is expected to be offered 4yrs/$60-65mil....seriously, why not bring him back for that??? And if it doesn't fit into the budget, why would you ever bad mouth the guy on the way out? Especially, one who obviously loved NY and the fans...

You people act like he was Kevin Brown or Carl Pavano...players who legitimately should be hated...

Don't get the hate....can anybody explain???

4/60 is reasonable.....maybe 3 guaranteed with an option like Jeter got....

There are no other free agents that can bring us .270 25 85 for 4 more years...

So I guess he is worth it....everybody ignores 162 games and strictly goess by 5, 8 and at times 11-15 postseason games....he has been consistent in the regular season and that is a must to help a team getting to the postseason.....
    Nick

vCash
    It NEVER ceases to amaze me how ridiculously hated Swisher is to all of you...

First of all, he gave us 4 above average productive years at the plate and in the field, did it with great fun & entertainment and cannot possibly be the scapegoat for the post season failures.

Second, I read he is expected to be offered 4yrs/$60-65mil....seriously, why not bring him back for that??? And if it doesn't fit into the budget, why would you ever bad mouth the guy on the way out? Especially, one who obviously loved NY and the fans...

You people act like he was Kevin Brown or Carl Pavano...players who legitimately should be hated...
    Iv'e always said I would love to hang with Swisher in person and get wasted together. But I have come to the point of having enough of his on-field antics that portray him to look like a clown at times, topped with his anemic playoff performances year in and year out.

Like him as person, sick of him as a baseball player. He can go elsewhere and have fun there. He will not put up stellar numbers anymore anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Iv'e always said I would love to hang with Swisher in person and get wasted together. But I have come to the point of having enough of his on-field antics that portray him to look like a clown at times, topped with his anemic playoff performances year in and year out.

Like him as person, sick of him as a baseball player. He can go elsewhere and have fun there. He will not put up stellar numbers anymore anyway.
    Please explain why he won't put up stellar numbers anymore. I can understand the frustration in Oct but he still performs well in 162....Plus every season he has started he plays 150 and is the most consistent numbers guy in 9 straight years...take away his Chicago season(just average) and you can pencil him his numbers with ease.....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-24-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    Nick

vCash
    We prob. wouldn't have made the play off's without Swishers production. He was out second best hitter this year. His also had the best numbers on the team with RISP.

Yeah he sucks in the post season, but without him, we may have not gotten there. I would gladly welcome swisher back. 4/60? *** yeah.

vCash
    F Swisher. I'd rather offer Hamilton 5/100 than 4/60 for Swisher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    And Bingo was his name-o!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

10. 11-24-2012, 10:45 PM
    Reason
    Stop

11. 11-24-2012, 10:57 PM
    Reason
    Stop

12. 11-24-2012, 10:59 PM

vCash
    Sorry if I don't want to be pinned to a alcoholic, drug addict for 5 years at $20 mil...playing in NYC of all places where he is one drink away from the gutter! REALLY, I would never agree with those years and dollars for Hamilton, ever.

I think many people forget how difficult it is for players to come to NYC and perform...Swisher, not only performed, but elevated his game and relished the spotlight when he came to the Yankees.

vCash
    Sorry if I don't want to be pinned to a alcoholic, drug addict for 5 years at $20 mil...playing in NYC of all places where he is one drink away from the gutter! REALLY, I would never agree with those years and dollars for Hamilton, ever.

I think many people forget how difficult it is for players to come to NYC and perform...Swisher, not only performed, but elevated his game and relished the spotlight when he came to the Yankees.
    It's completely foolish to assume he would relapse because of playing in New York. He could just as easily relapse in Texas or Podunk Kentucky. That's why you put a clause in his contract that relieves the Yankees of any financial obligation should he relapse and is unable to do his job. Hamilton is also much more marketable than Swisher. Try thinking before you decide to attack people. Plus he would absolutely rake in Yankee stadium. Peace.

vCash
    1 theirs absolutely no way Hamilton gets only 5/100, the rumored starting asking price is somewhere around 7yrs 200m. I would be surprised if he got that but someone is guaranteed to give him somewhere around 6-7yrs @ 25M plus.

2 the only way i would want Hamilton is on a 1 yr deal and pay him 30m or whatever to give this team the kind of bat we need to really make a run a the WS in what will likely be Pettitte and Mo's last yr.

3 I'm not Swishers biggest fan but i don't see how anyone can deny how valuable he was for us while he was here. He averaged .268, 27 hrs, 88 rbis a 367 obp with an 850 ops and was a 2.6 war player for us over 4 yrs. So many of u guys rave about J upton but those numbers are as good or better than his in alot of area's. My point being if we were getting an ofer that hit 270 with 25 + hr and 85 rbi potential with a 3.5 war last yr we'd be thrilled. 4yrs 60m is more than i'd like to pay Swisher but i have yet to see anyone suggest a player that we could sign that will put up those kind of numbers consistently for that price. Hamilton is going to cost close to double that with a far bigger risk associated with it. BI Upton who is capable of putting up very similar numbers, with far better defense and way more SB's is looking for 5yrs and 16-18m a yr but he also comes with a huge risk he'll regress from last yr become incredibly inconsistent again.
    Unless we unload 2-3 of our better prospects were not going to find that kind of production or close for that kind of money IMO

Why 95% of the people on here want him gone especially with our offensive needs next yr is beyound me

vCash
    It's completely foolish to assume he would relapse because of playing in New York. He could just as easily relapse in Texas or Podunk Kentucky. That's why you put a clause in his contract that relieves the Yankees of any financial obligation should he relapse and is unable to do his job. Hamilton is also much more marketable than Swisher. Try thinking before you decide to attack people. Plus he would absolutely rake in Yankee stadium. Peace.
    How is it that I am attacking Hamilton by passing on him for his public struggles with drugs and alcohol? Think of it as a business decision...

And don't talk to me about attacking people when you two previous posts were deleted ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    1 theirs absolutely no way Hamilton gets only 5/100, the rumored starting asking price is somewhere around 7yrs 200m. I would be surprised if he got that but someone is guaranteed to give him somewhere around 6-7yrs @ 25M plus.

2 the only way i would want Hamilton is on a 1 yr deal and pay him 30m or whatever to give this team the kind of bat we need to really make a run a the WS in what will likely be Pettitte and Mo's last yr.

3 I'm not Swishers biggest fan but i don't see how anyone can deny how valuable he was for us while he was here. He averaged .268, 27 hrs, 88 rbis a 367 obp with an 850 ops and was a 2.6 war player for us over 4 yrs. So many of u guys rave about J upton but those numbers are as good or better than his in alot of area's. My point being if we were getting an ofer that hit 270 with 25 + hr and 85 rbi potential with a 3.5 war last yr we'd be thrilled. 4yrs 60m is more than i'd like to pay Swisher but i have yet to see anyone suggest a player that we could sign that will put up those kind of numbers consistently for that price. Hamilton is going to cost close to double that with a far bigger risk associated with it. BI Upton who is capable of putting up very similar numbers, with far better defense and way more SB's is looking for 5yrs and 16-18m a yr but he also comes with a huge risk he'll regress from last yr become incredibly inconsistent again.
    Unless we unload 2-3 of our better prospects were not going to find that kind of production or close for that kind of money IMO

Why 95% of the people on here want him gone especially with our offensive needs next yr is beyound me

vCash
    People want swisher gone for two main reasons:

1- Playoff failures. Nobody cares about the regular season in ny in any sport. Perform in the playoffs or you suck. See: Arod.....and Arod even won us a WS by himself. But the other playoff failures outweigh it in NY eyes.

2- Our other positions are on multi year lockdown. Hence, RF is basically the ONLY position we can make a change to shake it up a bit. So, Swisher is the fall guy.

Add in the fact of the $189m.....then why in the world would we commit 8% of that annual total and pay elite money (15m per) to an average solid player like Swisher? Need to cut salary somewhere.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast