Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    8-2. Stop crying about the refs.
    Deal with it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    Seriously, in every literal sense of the word, he got punched in the face tonight by Kaman, down 1, with under a minute left, NO CALL.

I'm starting to think there's a conspiracy against Melo with the referees. It's getting extreme. When a guy gets punched in the face and doesn't get a call.

But hey, whatever.

The only thing that stings is I think this will drastically hurt the Knicks chances this season. Melo should be attempting 10 FTs a night like a LeBron or Dwight Howard based on his style of play. He's getting 6.6 now. He's always aggressive, always driving. But he never catches a break. And like tonight, it gives them a much better chance at losing than winning in close games if he doesn't get the call. This could be a theme this season.
    Quit your *****ing.

You're Welcome.

vCash
    Melo is an expert at flying into people to get cheap calls. I am glad the refs didn't fall for his BS. You should be glad he is shooting more than 6fts a game.

vCash
    Why should we be belittling the inexcusable stupidity of a blown call? I haven't seen the Melo play, but it wouldn't shock me if they blew this one too.

It tarnishes the game. When Rondo got whacked and debilitated last year against Miami, Miami scored on the other end. That alters the game. It's not right, and the referees should be punished for it because usually everyone but them (who are on the court) sees it happen.

They have enough sense to crack down on the flopping, so why not the blatant blows to the face? Even Kobe got hit against the Suns years ago, no call. It's ridiculous. If whacking someone isn't a foul, then what is?

It's pathetic, and anyone who defends is has nothing but a tainted sport to show for it.
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 11-22-2012 at 10:11 AM.

vCash
    Yo peep all the knicks games melo been getting mauled a lot of these games not call

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Why should we be belittling the inexcusable stupidity of a blown call? I haven't seen the Melo play, but it wouldn't shock me if they blew this one too.

It tarnishes the game. When Rondo got whacked and debilitated last year against Miami, Miami scored on the other end. That alters the game. It's not right, and the referees should be punished for it because usually everyone but them (who are on the court) sees it happen.

They have enough sense to crack down on the flopping, so why not the blatant blows to the face? Even Kobe got hit against the Suns years ago, no call. It's ridiculous. If whacking someone isn't a foul, then what is?

It's pathetic, and anyone who defends is has nothing but a tainted sport to show for it.
    a laker fan complaining about the refs i mean they did gift wrap you guys two championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    Seriously, in every literal sense of the word, he got punched in the face tonight by Kaman, down 1, with under a minute left, NO CALL.

I'm starting to think there's a conspiracy against Melo with the referees. It's getting extreme. When a guy gets punched in the face and doesn't get a call.

But hey, whatever.

The only thing that stings is I think this will drastically hurt the Knicks chances this season. Melo should be attempting 10 FTs a night like a LeBron or Dwight Howard based on his style of play. He's getting 6.6 now. He's always aggressive, always driving. But he never catches a break. And like tonight, it gives them a much better chance at losing than winning in close games if he doesn't get the call. This could be a theme this season.
    You know, I never tell anyone to stop making threads.

You're now the only exception.

This thread is pathetic.

vCash

NBA: Where Carmelo gets punched in the face happens

NY put themselves in that position. Make all the excuses you want. You were outplayed, so except it for what it is and move on to the next game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    ummm...OP claims Melo should get 10 FT's per game like Lebron....Lebron averages less FT's per game than Melo thus far this season.
    this.

vCash
    Although I know we have a long season ahead of us and the Knicks are playing great I do agree that Melo does not get the same calls from the officials as Lebron or Kobe. And not for nothing Melo goes hard in the paint. He will bang with anyone down there and does NOT flop. When he goes to the line he truly earns it.

vCash
    I would talk about the refs but Melo could have played better...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    New York fans...hard to be rational with them.
    Not all of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KaganRS View Post
    It wasn't a punch in the face it was a clear attempt at the ball.

Besides , your team is doing great - why complain ?
    It was an albow to the mouth on the refs blind side.

But still in all what pissed me off more than that was Melo wagging his tongue for the next few plays like he was in pain. I thought to myself "bad no call but f@#$ it just play ball man. We need this win. "

Unfortunately, bad calls are part of the game. You gotta stay focused on playing and not the officiating. Let your FO send a video to the league to review and keep your mind on the W.

All in all the Knicks played with a lot of heart and turned a late 12 point deficit to a winnable game. I wonder how much that no call affected Melos concentration when it came to that final shot a few minutes later?

vCash
    He should just start flopping around like lebron and wade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    im pretty sure he even flopped his head back to get a foul. Watching the replay I saw no contact
    There was contact, he got hit, but this thread is unnessecary. Melo didnīt seem to get the calls that game but it happens. Dallas played well. Vince went off, I love Vince hopefully we see more of that, jus never against the knicks again lol
    3 time sim league Champion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast