Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Ya but that's why you don't base any opinion off of stats alone. The eye test shows you what Kap does over Alex.

Kaps legs are a weapon Alex doesn't have...simple as that. Has Kap even been sacked yet? Kap has the ability to extend a play more then Alex does imo. Plus Kap isn't affraid to take a chance down field. I don't need a stat to tell me these things. I can watch with my own eyes and see this for myself.

Obviously there is more to the QB position then just that but that's part of what can make Kap a special player. It's to early to say if one is better then the other because of the small sample size but so far so good for Kap.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I know Kaepernick gives us a more downfield passing threat and he is really good at avoiding sacks but at the same time look at the numbers:

243 pass yards, 16/25, 2 TDs (1 rush), 1 INT...

What exactly about that line is Alex Smith incapable of reproducing again?..
    FWIW I like both guys.

Kaepernick can consistently extend plays with pocket awareness combined with his speed. There were a few plays where if Alex were in he would have more than likely taken a sack.

I do feel bad for Alex, he was doing what he was asked to do and doing it at a very high level and doing it efficiently.

Just glad I'm not the guy making this decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    FWIW I like both guys.

Kaepernick can consistently extend plays with pocket awareness combined with his speed. There were a few plays where if Alex were in he would have more than likely taken a sack.

I do feel bad for Alex, he was doing what he was asked to do and doing it at a very high level and doing it efficiently.

Just glad I'm not the guy making this decision.
    Agreed lol.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I know Kaepernick gives us a more downfield passing threat and he is really good at avoiding sacks but at the same time look at the numbers:

243 pass yards, 16/25, 2 TDs (1 rush), 1 INT...

What exactly about that line is Alex Smith incapable of reproducing again?..
    If Kaepernick can put up the same production as Smith, we should go with Kaepernick because he gives us the added dimension of running (Alex can run too, but Kaep is ****ing fast).

This is hard for me because since 2009 Alex has grown to be my favorite player in the league and it really hurts watching him get ****ed over like this, but from a team standpoint, Kaepernick is able to give the team more from the quarterback position: fewer sacks, more plays being made, solid yards from the running game. And the beauty of it is that he's been a pocket passer as opposed to some QB out there just running the option and throwing every once in a while. I'll say that (as of now) Kaep is like a middle-class man's RG3. Sure, we're gonna see more turnovers, but we can see more explosiveness out of the offense and I think that's a tradeoff most people are willing to make. It's been a while since the 49ers have been able to consistently push the ball downfield.

Anyways, I'll always love Alex, he's such a high-character guy and I would like nothing more than for him to win us the SB, but that doesn't look like it'll happen. He's been through so much ********, ripped by media/fans, had no reason to come back last season but came in without a contract to learn the new offense and helped the team out, and brought me the happiest moment I've experienced as a 49ers fan, TWICE with the run and then the throw (I was like 6 when the TO catch happened, I remember the Giants comeback, but I was still pretty young). I'll forever be grateful for a true 49er like Alex Smith, and all he wanted to do was to make up for stuff that wasn't ENTIRELY his fault. It kinda bothers me that in the midst of his best season he gets the **** end of the stick, but I understand the decision. Best of luck

Soon...

vCash
    ^ I see what everybody is saying. I'm psyched about the team and I'll root for them no matter what, but I'm worried about the following:

What if we make the Kaep the starter and he struggles in the next game? Do we stick with him or go back to Smith? What about struggles for 2 games straight?

Are we going to just keep flip-flopping QBs when one has a bad day?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    BUMP.

Glad he got the response he did when he came into the game.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    Yeah, I think I can safely say I've been one of Alex Smith's most ardent supporters for several years. It sucks to watch the guy I so boldly predicted to win the MVP this year be a little screwed this year. Kaep was always the future I just hoped it started next year. Alex Smith has always been a great guy and a leader. I wish him the best....unless he goes to a rival then **** him.
    2014 PSD 7 RD NFL MOCK DRAFT
    TEXANS GM- WHITESOXGOD
    1st rd- Jadaveon Clowney, LB/DE, South Carolina
    1st rd (via trade)- Johnny Manziel, QB, TX A&M
    3rd rd- DaQuan Jones, NT, Penn State
    4th rd- Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    5th rd- Jon Halapio, OG, THE University of Florida
    5th rd (via trade)- Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
    6th rd- Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76ersai0309 View Post
    BUMP.

Glad he got the response he did when he came into the game.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    Yeah, I think I can safely say I've been one of Alex Smith's most ardent supporters for several years. It sucks to watch the guy I so boldly predicted to win the MVP this year be a little screwed this year. Kaep was always the future I just hoped it started next year. Alex Smith has always been a great guy and a leader. I wish him the best....unless he goes to a rival then **** him.
    Agreed lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod:24947382
    Well I doubt he'll be going to the Cards if Reid ends up going there, not his stye of QB and he'll probably keep Kolb.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Well I doubt he'll be going to the Cards if Reid ends up going there, not his stye of QB and he'll probably keep Kolb.
    That's why I'm rooting for Andy to get that job. I really hope he goes to the AFC. It'd be fun to be able to pull for him without any repercussions against us. (Unless head to head, obviously)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    That's why I'm rooting for Andy to get that job. I really hope he goes to the AFC. It'd be fun to be able to pull for him without any repercussions against us. (Unless head to head, obviously)
    Agreed. Alex seems like a quality guy and it's not like he sucks as a player or anything. It'd be nice to see him go somewhere and succeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Agreed. Alex seems like a quality guy and it's not like he sucks as a player or anything. It'd be nice to see him go somewhere and succeed.
    But he doesn't throw the ball to open players?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    But he doesn't throw the ball to open players?
    Doesn't mean he's a douche bag. He's hesitant to make tough throws. That's good enough for some. Not good enough for me. I still have my Alex Smith jersey. I'm not gonna burn it or anything.

Again...you misinterpret my desire to want a better QB as me saying Smith sucks. Just because I want a better QB...doesn't mean the other is not any good. Just not good "enough".

And also...when the WRs break open. He does throw to them. The problem is he doesn't anticipate them coming open or "throw them open". A fault that's been noted by just about every person who has evaluated his play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Yep... as I said before sorta hoping for KC... if they get a good HC and make a few changes, I'd love to watch him come into Denver and hand the Bronco's thier butt.

Would be even better if the 49ers came in that year and beat them too... I'd be talking so much smack.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

15. 01-04-2013, 12:33 AM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234