Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Interesting.
    W-L is a team stat not a QB stat no matter what the media tries to tell us. We've been a better team than those two as a whole over the past two years.

Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

vCash
    Full disclosure: I'm sorry Alex for talking crap about you from the beginning until 2011. You proved me wrong and I'm happy for you.

I'm so happy for you that I find myself wanting you to be the guy to take us all the way. What a true underdog story that would be. I'm sorry this is happening to you man.

vCash
    I have never seen a player get the **** end more times in their career than Alex Smith, it is unbelievable.

Terry Bradshaw actually made a good point in the post game when he said (paraphrased) "If I were a player now and I got injured there is no way I am telling anyone on the sideline, I am doing anything I can to stay in..."

Alex did what he was asked to do, not turn the ball over and play smart. He did that excellently and found his niche in doing so. He in the process won over many fans (myself included) by his steady play and perseverance. I became an Alex Smith guy and I am disappointed in how the 49ers have chosen to let this play out, I am disappointed enough to have mixed feelings about the win yesterday. This doesn't mean I don't like Kaepernick, he is going to be fun to watch and easy to route for... but a mid season change when change wasn't even close to being needed doesn't sit well with me. It isn't classy, it isn't respectful. Alex Smith was two plays away from potentially being in and winning a Super Bowl, he leads the league in completion percentage and was something like 25/27 with his pass attempts and the team was 6-2 before getting a minor concussion and he is swept aside.

vCash
    I'm happy no trolls have came in and bashed Alex.

Good job guys

Go Braves/49ers!

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    I have never seen a player get the **** end more times in their career than Alex Smith, it is unbelievable.

Terry Bradshaw actually made a good point in the post game when he said (paraphrased) "If I were a player now and I got injured there is no way I am telling anyone on the sideline, I am doing anything I can to stay in..."

Alex did what he was asked to do, not turn the ball over and play smart. He did that excellently and found his niche in doing so. He in the process won over many fans (myself included) by his steady play and perseverance. I became an Alex Smith guy and I am disappointed in how the 49ers have chosen to let this play out, I am disappointed enough to have mixed feelings about the win yesterday. This doesn't mean I don't like Kaepernick, he is going to be fun to watch and easy to route for... but a mid season change when change wasn't even close to being needed doesn't sit well with me. It isn't classy, it isn't respectful. Alex Smith was two plays away from potentially being in and winning a Super Bowl, he leads the league in completion percentage and was something like 25/27 with his pass attempts and the team was 6-2 before getting a minor concussion and he is swept aside.
    Good post

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    An often overlooked part of the job of coaching is making these hard decisions. You can bet they can't afford emotional connections with players they must one day drop and or replace.

Don't be down about Alex, be glad for the Red and Gold! Go Niners!!!
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Don't be down about Alex, be glad for the Red and Gold! Go Niners!!!
    Why must these be mutually exclusive? Can't I be happy the Niners are winning, and down about Alex at the same time?

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Why must these be mutually exclusive? Can't I be happy the Niners are winning, and down about Alex at the same time?
    Exactly. He's getting shafted and at the same time I'm excited about what Kap can do.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Exactly. He's getting shafted and at the same time I'm excited about what Kap can do.
    It's a really weird spot to be in for a fan.

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    It's a really weird spot to be in for a fan.
    Agree.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    I know Kaepernick gives us a more downfield passing threat and he is really good at avoiding sacks but at the same time look at the numbers:

243 pass yards, 16/25, 2 TDs (1 rush), 1 INT...

What exactly about that line is Alex Smith incapable of reproducing again?..
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I know Kaepernick gives us a more downfield passing threat and he is really good at avoiding sacks but at the same time look at the numbers:

243 pass yards, 16/25, 2 TDs (1 rush), 1 INT...

What exactly about that line is Alex Smith incapable of reproducing again?..

Ya but that's why you don't base any opinion off of stats alone. The eye test shows you what Kap does over Alex.

Kaps legs are a weapon Alex doesn't have...simple as that. Has Kap even been sacked yet? Kap has the ability to extend a play more then Alex does imo. Plus Kap isn't affraid to take a chance down field. I don't need a stat to tell me these things. I can watch with my own eyes and see this for myself.

Obviously there is more to the QB position then just that but that's part of what can make Kap a special player. It's to early to say if one is better then the other because of the small sample size but so far so good for Kap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Ya but that's why you don't base any opinion off of stats alone. The eye test shows you what Kap does over Alex.

Kaps legs are a weapon Alex doesn't have...simple as that. Has Kap even been sacked yet? Kap has the ability to extend a play more then Alex does imo. Plus Kap isn't affraid to take a chance down field. I don't need a stat to tell me these things. I can watch with my own eyes and see this for myself.

Obviously there is more to the QB position then just that but that's part of what can make Kap a special player. It's to early to say if one is better then the other because of the small sample size but so far so good for Kap.
    I see what you're saying but at the same time, teams will start to gameplan around Kaepernick instead of Smith.

For instance, last night the Saints got burned by Kaepernick on the read option TD so the next time the Niners did a read option they had their end rush towards the HB which Kaepernick saw and kept it however they had the LB drift to the flat and he was right there to stop Kaep.

Also, while Kaep will take more chances he will end up getting burned by those chances more than Smith. One throw was particularly telling. Kaepernick was rolling to his left (I believe) and just as he went out of bounds he threw a pass to Vernon Davis that VD dropped, which was placed right between 3 Saints defenders. It was a play that had it worked, it would've been beautiful. At the same time, a pass back towards the field as your running out of bounds in between 3 defenders is a very risky throw. You can expect that to be picked as often as caught for a 1st Down.

I'm not saying Kaepernick is bad or Smith is better, simply pointing out that for all of Kaepernick's strengths over Smith we are utilizing our Passing game at pretty much the exact same rate as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    I agree I am the same way.
    U MAD LAKERS FANS --- DON'T WORRY THERE'S ALWAYS 2017

SOMETHING TELLS ME DWIGHT HOWARD IS LOVING HIS DECISION RIGHT NOW!!

vCash
    plain and simple,he couldve walked and went to miami when we tried to get peyton,but he didnt...i feel bad for the guy,but whatever wins the superbowl,iam on board with

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast