Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bench help?

vCash

Bench help?

I personally think the warriors are playing excellent basketball. They are beating teams they are projected to beat, and when they lose, they aren't by 20+ points. One concern is that there isn't enough offense coming off the bench, especially at the SF position. Do you think a free agent signing for a off the bench shooter would benefit or hurt the warriors? I was thinking someone like Michael Pietrus, eddie house, jason kapono, etc. Someone who is just going to shoot when curry and thompson are both on the bench.

vCash
    I wouldnt mind pietrus- but more for his defense and expierience than offense. as far as house and kapono go- id rather give all the minutes to draymond green.

I wouldnt say their bench is a problem though. Landry and jack are two of the best bench players in the game... and draymond green is proving to be a capable player down the stretch of close games.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    I personally think the warriors are playing excellent basketball. They are beating teams they are projected to beat, and when they lose, they aren't by 20+ points. One concern is that there isn't enough offense coming off the bench, especially at the SF position. Do you think a free agent signing for a off the bench shooter would benefit or hurt the warriors? I was thinking someone like Michael Pietrus, eddie house, jason kapono, etc. Someone who is just going to shoot when curry and thompson are both on the bench.

Landry + Jack = Offense
    Green+ Beans+ Jenkins= Defense

The bench is fine. Yea it took a hit when B. Rush got hurt but Green has taken the challenge of playing better each day. Once Bogut comes back you can add another 7-10 PPG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatelJ1010 View Post
    Landry + Jack = Offense
    Green+ Beans+ Jenkins= Defense

The bench is fine. Yea it took a hit when B. Rush got hurt but Green has taken the challenge of playing better each day. Once Bogut comes back you can add another 7-10 PPG.

Actually I think there scoring will come around either way. Their top 3 scoring options (or 3 of their top 4 if we take acct landrys performance).. are all shooting atleast 5% lower from the field than their career averages. Curry, Lee, and Thompson will all increase their fg% as the season goes on. Their free throw shooting should go up a bit too, and curry and thompson will shoot better from the outside. David lees shooting has already started to drastically improve over the last 4 or 5 games.

Boguts inside threat should create more putback opportunities for the warriors and less easy shots for the opponents though. I also think ezeli's will have a lot more success against back ups than starters. The guy is really becoming a better player by the week. A lot of times teams go undersized at center in their second unit and sometimes run power forwards. Im expecting ezeli to be a real problem for those guys.

vCash
    also- and maybe the most puzzling thing. The warriors cant keep turning the ball over at this rate. I mean they are having atleast 5 or 6 completely unforced errors a game. If they dont turn it over as often....and get themselves a few more possessions each game- that could help a lot too... even if they dont shoot great.

vCash
    I agree with both of Stylz's comments. Bench is fine, wouldn't mind Pietrus. Turnovers need to come down.

vCash
    I think their bench is playing great right now. Especially Green, he has even proven me wrong in the early going. I thought he was going to be a bust because his first few games were really rough. But as he's getting back into "playing shape" he is improving daily.

As for the topic of this thread. Yes the bench is pretty solid right now, but if Myers could find a way to improve the team and sign some really cheap free agent that can contribute while Jefferson, Rush and Bogut rehab, it can only help so I wouldn't be opposed to it, so long as it is doable and at a decent price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    also- and maybe the most puzzling thing. The warriors cant keep turning the ball over at this rate. I mean they are having atleast 5 or 6 completely unforced errors a game. If they dont turn it over as often....and get themselves a few more possessions each game- that could help a lot too... even if they dont shoot great.
    Only turned it over twice in the second half of the Twolves game. Very quick improvement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Only turned it over twice in the second half of the Twolves game. Very quick improvement.
    was a good second half. The number of turnovers isnt as frusterating as the number of unforced turnovers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    was a good second half. The number of turnovers isnt as frusterating as the number of unforced turnovers.
    I agree with this completely. Threw my chair at one point with all the unforced turnovers.

vCash
    we have great chemistry. we dont need another bench player. we have enough small forwards

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    we have great chemistry. we dont need another bench player. we have enough small forwards

Oh yea we still have Jefferson. I think Green is a legit small forward. Jefferson can help with the depth and play 2 or 3. But the question is, will be be healthy with that injury? We still need depth to conserve energy ya know.

vCash
    were fine the way we are. add a piece and it could mess it up.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    were fine the way we are. add a piece and it could mess it up.

Do u think Green is capable of being consistent as a rookie throughout the year? But mackshock we need more and more pieces to help us replace possible injuries

vCash
    green is underrated, so yes.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast