Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 73 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1193
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    What was his reasoning?
    The Twins are not willing to talk about moving Morneau at this point, likely because it'd be selling low. They see a reemergence in 2013, and an opportunity to get more for him in July than they can now.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I've tried to stay positive, but I have seen this way to much lately... I just don't think we get Hamilton. My feelings have really changed over the past 12 hours. I guess I am hoping for a Swisher/Morse combo. Man, I just don't get why we wouldn't go 4/5 years at around 20-23 mil. I would live with Hamilton at 5/115 mil. He is not coming here for 3/75 mil, I will tell you that right now .

vCash
    I have a feeling there is going to be a big trade. GMZ came out of nowhere with the Pineda trade and I think he is going to do something like it again but maybe bigger. We will be making a trade and a big signing for sure. Maybe we trade for Upton or Myers and sign one of Bourn, Swisher, or Hamilton. Who knows. I can't wait though! Kick it into gear GMZ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    its his contract + upside + our friendly ballpark.. we'd get holland for 4 yrs what greinke will get for 1.5. but still, no way id part with montero straight up, theyd have to be kicking in cruz/andrus or something. i think we'd deal montero if we are getting 2 other legit bats this offseason.
    It doesn make sense to trade him just cause we get two bats. Shouldn't we want three? Two bats aren't always good enough, especially in this division.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I think Greinkes most likely destination is Texas but i wouldn't rule out the Dodgers there probably playing a cat and mouse game trying to hurry Greinke up with his decision.

https://twitter.com/ProspectInsider/...51894742310913

I really don't like how Churchill floats stuff out like this he does it all the time and it usually turns out to be nothing and obviously no big name is going to be signed until Greinke either signs with the Dodgers or Rangers.

JAC is fun to read. but i dont believe any of his rumors ever

vCash
    Saw on twitter than the dodgers could pull out and get Sanchez or someone instead.

vCash
    crazy cause i thought Greinke was destined for LAD

vCash
    @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: Greinke talks reaching critical stage. #Dodgers considering pulling out and moving on to other pursuits.
    Me too Mopp. People were saying they were running away with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    i would be all over Morse. especially if the cost is just a reliever, i thought i read that somewhere could be mistaken
    There is no way I want Morse. We have Montero.... he is already a right handed hitter that is defensively challenged and is basically only playable at 1B/DH.

I think the Morse thing is purely rumor fueled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside51283 View Post
    Is Jack Z asleep or what all these deals getting done and still nothing over here.
    The reason we are tied to every free agent is becuase we are gauging what their prices will be. Z doesn't get is mind set on a player before he knows what they will cost.

Every hitter brings some level of value to the club. But there is a point where the $$ someone costs outweighs what value they are worth.

Z is simply shopping around to find the most bang for his buck.

Edit: Also things are being held up because Texas is waiting to see what Grenke does and Hamilton is waiting to see what Texas does.
    Last edited by baseball_is_lif; 12-06-2012 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    Morse would play 1st. Montero C/DH.

There was a report a few pages back from Jack saying he sees Montero and Jaso as a C platoon now.

vCash
    Morse would play 1st. Montero C/DH.

There was a report a few pages back from Jack saying he sees Montero and Jaso as a C platoon now.
    i bet we sign someone like Stoppach. that way Montero can DH and Stoppach can go away when Zunino is ready

vCash
    I'd like Soto. He has hit lefties very well over his career, and probably wouldn't be too expensive.

vCash
    I'd like Soto. He has hit lefties very well over his career, and probably wouldn't be too expensive.
    i like that also. not sure about his D reputation

vCash
    Soto got signed, didn't he?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

Page 73 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast