Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1193
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I hates the idea of Upton going to Texas but Upton most likely wasn't going to waive his no trade clause he doesn't want to come here because his bat struggles here but at least we will get Hamilton.
    How exactly does his bat struggle here?

Is there any scenario where anyone can come up with where he'd be willing to waive that no trade clause to come here (assuming we put together a viable deal)? Maybe a Josh Hamilton signing?

vCash
    I think Smoak is an interesting piece, we're definitely in rebuilding mode. Maybe a change of scenery would help some... And while I like Capps and Pryor quite a bit, I think the Twins would be focusing on starting pitching, we only have Worley and Diamond that are capable starters at the moment. Gibson needs 2 months of AAA most likely and May needs a year, Meyer needs a year and a half of AA/AAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trevhipp7 View Post
    I think Smoak is an interesting piece, we're definitely in rebuilding mode. Maybe a change of scenery would help some... And while I like Capps and Pryor quite a bit, I think the Twins would be focusing on starting pitching, we only have Worley and Diamond that are capable starters at the moment. Gibson needs 2 months of AAA most likely and May needs a year, Meyer needs a year and a half of AA/AAA.
    beavan? keep in mind there are alot of FA pitchers.

i think if we got hamilton we'd value morneau higher, maybe paxton/maurer, i think another spec would need to come with tho.

vCash
    Ya there's a lot of free agent pitchers, but it doesn't sound like the Twins are willing to pay the inflated prices so it looks like they are looking to trades. Would Erasmo Ramirez and Smoak be too much? Paxton, Smoak, and Brad Miller are the 3 most intriguing names from Seattle that I think could be possibilities...

vCash
    Armstrong's point about not having exchanged figures with Hamilton yet is largely semantics, writes Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times, because they've talked enough to hammer out a deal quickly. As it stands now, Hamilton's agent is waiting for Zack Greinke to sign, because the Rangers are unlikely to sign both.
    well damn...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    well damn...
    uhh... yea

vCash
    im surprised we have gotten that far with him honestly. i felt he didnt want to have anything to do with us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    im surprised we have gotten that far with him honestly. i felt he didnt want to have anything to do with us
    me too. its crazy. the market has froze up for hamilton, swisher, bourn... pretty sure we are getting 1 of them, outside chance of 2. never know who might be lying in the weeds tho, and hamilton could pull an about face.

what is frustrating is the hand TX is playing with, in on greinke w/ mutual interest, upperhand with hamilton, and specs to get upton.

i wish hamilton would stick it to TX and sign with us and start a domino affect to get a couple other nice players. than dodgers land greinke and philly get upton.

vCash
    Well, lets hope Greinke goes to TExas and Hamilton heads here and blows Greinke up every time they face each other.

vCash

M's Offseason Talk The Sequel

Ken rosenthal reported the m's offered 3 years 20-25 million a year. Alot cheaper then I anticipated.
    Favorite teams:
    NFL-Cowboys
    NBA-Knicks
    MLB-Mariners

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribou Lou View Post
    How exactly does his bat struggle here?

Is there any scenario where anyone can come up with where he'd be willing to waive that no trade clause to come here (assuming we put together a viable deal)? Maybe a Josh Hamilton signing?
    I forget which radio show it was i think Brock and Salk but the insider said the reason Upton has us on his no trade clause is because he doesn't hit well at Safeco.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    The Mariners have discussed three-year deals with Hamilton in range of $20MM to $25MM per season, a source tells Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter).
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#cL5l4aEuktJ1qsxp.99
    He will get more then this when all is said and done and 1-2 more years.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Nvmd

vCash
    He will get more then this when all is said and done and 1-2 more years.
    i agree, especially to get him to seattle. id be awesome with 4 years and 20-25 mil per

but what is better? swish on 5/75 for Hamilton on 4/90ish?

vCash
    I forget which radio show it was i think Brock and Salk but the insider said the reason Upton has us on his no trade clause is because he doesn't hit well at Safeco.
    That's weird considering he's only played 3 games here:

5/11 2R 1HR 3RBI

Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast