Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    .253 wOBA, 58 wRC+ Dee Gordon? Not an upgrade over Ryan. No value to us or anyone else. He is a below average hitter and always will be.
    3 options. flip him, Ryan could be in a deal, Franklin is in a deal and he will be the SS of the future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    3 options. flip him, Ryan could be in a deal, Franklin is in a deal and he will be the SS of the future
    Good thinking never thought of that if we acquire Gordon we could flip Franklin/Ryan in some Upton type of deal.

vCash
    Dee Gordon sucks. Plain and simple.

I'm getting annoyed with all these rumors. Not many are actual good moves.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Not sure if anything I've read in the last 48 hours is reliable, but somewhere I saw the Rangers are against moving Profar and would be more likely to move Olt.

What would you guys think about a straight trade: Montero for Olt? Would give us depth at 3B and he could still DH.

Similarly for Texas, Montero could DH for them and give some depth at catcher.

vCash
    Baker seems to think reading his latest artice trying to make sense of Ibanez and Bay that we are after Swisher.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/marine...-the-mariners/

vCash
    I already mentioned Garrett Jones as a right field/first base trade possibility two days ago and today, we saw a report the Pirates were still offering him to Seattle for Taijuan Walker.
    http://blogs.seattletimes.com/marine...-the-mariners/

From that article i just posted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Neal Huntington is delusional.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Bourn and any combo of Swish, Upton, or Hamilton would be legit. Not leaving out Kubel either.

Bourn
    Ackley
    Swish/Kubel/Upton
    Montero
    Smoak
    Seager
    Saunders
    Jaso
    Ryan

I can dig it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    .253 wOBA, 58 wRC+ Dee Gordon? Not an upgrade over Ryan. No value to us or anyone else. He is a below average hitter and always will be.
    He's been in the league two yrs mr over reactor. He's got speed and great defense. He has a lot more value than a lot of players.

vCash
    8:37pm: The Diamondbacks are more likely to trade Kubel than Upton, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.

12:59pm: Some think a Kubel trade could happen today, tweets Danny Knobler of CBS Sports. The D'Backs reached an agreement with bench bat Eric Hinske earlier today.

12:30am: Justin Upton's name has dominated Diamondbacks trade rumors recently, but Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports writes that the D-backs have had at least as many conversations surrounding a potential trade of Jason Kubel.

Morosi speculates that the Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles, Rangers, Rays and Mariners could all be in on Kubel, who is due to earn $7.5MM in 2013 with a mutual option for the same amount in 2014. That's significantly more affordable than the $38.5MM remaining on Upton's deal.

Kubel's first season in the National League saw the 30-year-old produce a .253/.327/.506 triple slash line with career bests in home runs (30) and walk rate (10 percent). His defense graded out poorly as usual, however, which might make him appealing to American League teams who can use him as a designated hitter as the Twins did frequently throughout his seven years in Minnesota.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#jMbRR5QejoyzAuBd.99

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/sta...82415628345344

I actually wouldn't mind Bourn we do have the need for a lead off hitter i was scared off by this because of Figgins but you can't be scared just because another player sucked for you.

I do wonder if we could get Bourn for cheaper as well which is why we are going after him Swisher may cost more because he has more power.
    Instead of Bourn, I'd prefer they give up a little bit for Ellsbury and spend that money on a an extension for him maybe using BJ's deal as a blueprint. Ellsbury may be a real superstar given a little more health.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    Or maybe they wanna flip him to Arizona
    Either would make a ton of sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    oh yeah, id be offering at least 5/100 just to **** with texas
    If that's your goal why not make it 6/145?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Instead of Bourn, I'd prefer they give up a little bit for Ellsbury and spend that money on a an extension for him maybe using BJ's deal as a blueprint. Ellsbury may be a real superstar given a little more health.
    They signed Victorino so that could happen. Though if they flip Jacoby that would make them players for Swisher again. Can we trade for Ellsbury and sign Hamilton? Can we afford to trade for Ellsbury and Kubel? Or do we trade for Ellsbury and still sign Swisher? I am fine with any of the above.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    If that's your goal why not make it 6/145?
    I would. ****ing jump off the deep end. Make him leave a **** ton of money on the table to go to Texas. Or make them up the anty.

Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast