Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Why not just bring Youk or Reynolds in to play first?
    Totally doable, I just feel like Seager is more valuable if he plays as a 2nd basemen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Agreed.

Yeah me too, but to where? Baseball America thinks that in 2016 Ackley will be in left, Franklin will be at 2B, Romero will be at SS, and Seag Kyle will be at 3B.
    I've never once heard that Romero is even passable at SS. I've heard lots of mentions of him at 3rd though.

Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    Yeah but their projected lineups are laughable. I don't think I've ever seen them even close as far as the ms go. U go back and look at them over the years and u get a good laugh.
    Yeah, they don't factor in free agents at all. Which I don't expect them to since they're all about minor leagues and prospects. But still, they're always way off.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baseball_is_lif View Post
    Totally doable, I just feel like Seager is more valuable if he plays as a 2nd basemen.
    I agree but I also feel like the difference you gain in Seager at 2B, you lose with Ackley at first.

CF would be ideal for Ackley if he's not at 2B.
    I'm In.

vCash
    If Ackley gets moved anywhere it's to LF. That'd be stupid to do unless Romero is mashing in a year or two, or if Franklin rakes and can't handle SS and 3B is blocked by Seager.

We have the flexibility to move Ackley and Seager but I would only move them for certain players.
    Hadn't considered that.

If Ackley was equally as valuable in LF, wouldn't it be worth making the switch? I feel like Seager is more valuable at 2B. Would be like a free upgrade.

vCash
    Hadn't considered that.

If Ackley was equally as valuable in LF, wouldn't it be worth making the switch? I feel like Seager is more valuable at 2B. Would be like a free upgrade.
    Yeah but I don't think they Mariners are willing to risk moving him again. They don't want to stunt his development any more.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Yeah but their projected lineups are laughable. I don't think I've ever seen them even close as far as the ms go. U go back and look at them over the years and u get a good laugh.
    That's true.

I actually did go back and look at previous top 10 prospects. Gee....

Hadn't considered that.

Ackley is much more valuable at 2B. His defense likely gets worse in LF, and his bat is more valuable at second. LF if where teams like to hide big bats with bad gloves.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    If u could get a bopper at third I have no problem moving Ackley to the OF and Seager to second. I'm completely against Ackley at first though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Yeah but I don't think they Mariners are willing to risk moving him again. They don't want to stunt his development any more.
    See: Chone Figgins
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    If u could get a bopper at third I have no problem moving Ackley to the OF and Seager to second. I'm completely against Ackley at first though.
    Agreed and agreed.

Didn't Ackley play CF at UNC?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Seager was 8th most valuable 3B in terms of WAR last year, would have only been about 6th most valuable 2B. I thought the difference would have been greater.

If he can keep up last year's production, it would be best to keep both Ackley and Seager put.

That's what I get for spitballing.

vCash
    See: Chone Figgins

Lol

Agreed and agreed.

Yes he did and for the record I'm very happy with Ackley at second.

vCash
    Agreed and agreed.

Yes he did. 1B also.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Chase Headley. Discuss.

vCash
    Seager was 8th most valuable 3B in terms of WAR last year, would have only been about 6th most valuable 2B. I thought the difference would have been greater.

If he can keep up last year's production, it would be best to keep both Ackley and Seager put.

That's what I get for spitballing.
    It is kinda surprising but it does seem like the talent level at third has really fallen off the last few years.

vCash
    Yeah, Romero isnt even a SS. I dont think he has played there at all as a pro. He was drafted as a 2B, then moved to 3b/LF. Awful lineups.

Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast