Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    That's not the point. The point is he isn't average like you claim.
    He is a average he isn't a star player worth the type of contract he is going to get.

vCash
    So if you aren't a star you are average?

Did you look at the stats i posted? Well above average in everything. C'mon dude. If you think he will get overpayed, fine. But don't downplay his talent and production when it's right there.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    So if you aren't a star you are average?

Did you look at the stats i posted? Well above average in everything. C'mon dude. If you think he will get overpayed, fine. But don't downplay his talent and production when it's right there.
    This. To call him an average player is ridiculous.

vCash
    I just realized I sounded exactly like I tell others not to. My apologies.

But my point still stands.

I'm not interested at $100M either, but I am fine with a smaller overpay as that's the way it is now. What we are as an "Overpay" is now market value.

4/65 or 5/80 at most. Any more and it may be a little to much. Pretty much the same feelings I have with Hamilton, just different numbers.
    Last edited by jej; 12-01-2012 at 11:05 PM.

vCash
    Swisher has been an above average producer for several years (blessed in great lineups and hitters park)... But he's 32, hes never had close to elite tools, in the next 4,5 years, I'm going to bet there will be a drop off, especially if he comes here will be luck if he's average. IMO.

vCash
    Have you checked his home road splits? Yankee stadium hasn't really helped him. He has been pretty much the same on the road so Im not worried about that.

vCash
    Have you checked his home road splits? Yankee stadium hasn't really helped him. He has been pretty much the same on the road so Im not worried about that.
    Ive seen em, He's still getting overlooked and pitched better hitting around jeter, cano, arod, tex, granderson, etc... Think there will be a difference in our lineup?

And just bc his away splits r close don't mean Yankee stadium hasn't helped him
    Last edited by Rain City; 12-01-2012 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    I just realized I sounded exactly like I tell others not to. My apologies.

But my point still stands.

I'm not interested at $100M either, but I am fine with a smaller overpay as that's the way it is now. What we are as an "Overpay" is now market value.

4/65 or 5/80 at most. Any more and it may be a little to much. Pretty much the same feelings I have with Hamilton, just different numbers.
    I disagree i think Napoli will be the player to get the more team friendly deal i think somebody is going to over pay for Swisher we see it all the time him and Napoli are probably the best bats on the market besides Hamilton now.

Brandon League and Broxton got ridiculous contracts and they are relievers who are up and down.

vCash
    I'm curious what did League fetch Natey?

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    Ive seen em, He's still getting overlooked and pitched better hitting around jeter, cano, arod, tex, granderson, etc... Think there will be a difference in our lineup?

And just bc his away splits r close don't mean Yankee stadium hasn't helped him
    Doesnt the same apply for Hamilton tho? Going to a worse lineup? Oh yeah, all it will do for him is increase his OBP right?

it kind of does mean that. If he can hit as well in 29 other parks as he can there, it didnt really help much. Very few people have splits that are that similar.

Over his last 3 years:
    .281/.369/.479/.848 at home

.267/.363/.478/.841 on the road

If anything, he is exactly the kind of guy we should target. You are worried about his splits but not Upton's, or even Hamiltons?

Like you always say, just admit you dont like him instead of trying to make stuff up.
    Last edited by jej; 12-02-2012 at 08:45 PM.

vCash
    Seahawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I disagree i think Napoli will be the player to get the more team friendly deal i think somebody is going to over pay for Swisher we see it all the time him and Napoli are probably the best bats on the market besides Hamilton now.

Brandon League and Broxton got ridiculous contracts and they are relievers who are up and down.
    Maybe a more team friendly deal, but he is also the inferior player, and fills a lesser hole.

Plus he is more likely to break down as he averages like 110 games a year and has "old player skills" or whatever its called.

The market applies to everyone, not just Swisher. If he gets overpayed, most likely everyone will. Obviously Napoli will be cheaper, but he is also inferior.

If we have to overpay either way, shouldnt we get the better player? Thats why Im back on Hamilton a little. We have to overpay anyway, might as well get the best player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkindrublic03 View Post
    Seahawks
    Yeah buddy!!

vCash
    The market for free agent hitters has risen significantly and if they want to sign one, they need to up payroll. It's only going to get worse.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Word. Especially to come here.

"Overpaying" is no longer overpaying. It's just paying. The market has changed. Inflation applies here just as much as it does in everything else.

Page 31 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast