Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1193
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,108
    vCash
    1500
    Sign Swisher and trade for Butler, Upton, Gordon or Choo

    If we are worried about 1st, then Swisher is perfect. He can move there if Smoak and/or Montero struggle. Just makes too much sense to me.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,930
    vCash
    1500
    Napoli makes a lot of sense to me. Him and Jaso can platoon at C.

    I'm not the biggest fan of Swish but if you sign him and then sign Napoli and/or trade for Butler/Gordon then I think we're pretty well off. If Z passes on Napoli, Swisher, or Hamilton I totally get it. They're going to get more than they're worth.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,108
    vCash
    1500
    Do you really want to pay Napoli to be the small side of a catcher platoon?

    And why do you like him more than Swisher?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,930
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Do you really want to pay Napoli to be the small side of a catcher platoon?

    And why do you like him more than Swisher?
    Obviously not. Napoli can play first too. This all changes if we get Butler. Even then I would rather be trying to fit bats into places rather than our situation as it is.

    Because Napoli's ceiling is higher. His 2011 season was ****ing nuts. His 2012 season was worse but he still put up a 2 WAR with a .227 average. And because you're putting his bat in a spot where we we had a black hole last season (Olivo). With Swisher you're putting it in place of Ichiro/Thames/Wells.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,930
    vCash
    1500
    And for the record I don't like Napoli more than Swisher.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    21,090
    vCash
    1500
    well the bottom line is Napoli is an upgrade on a roster lacking talent. I would have no problem with a deal that is 4 year and 50 mil or less in total value

    im not huge into the idea. but ive heard worse and if the price is within reason then fine with me

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    4,954
    vCash
    1500
    i saw on a MLB network piece last season swisher say that SEA was his favorite MLB city.

    my guess is swisher's price on the market is a lot higher than napoli and the fact Z is emphasizing RH hitting is why we are farther along w/ napoli (if the reports are true).

    my opinion, swisher fits nicer on the roster, he has more value w/ his track record and D (even tho he was a horrible OFer in the playoffs this yr)... iMO napoli will produce more offensively the next 3-4 years, and it really isnt that hard to fit him if we just turn smoak into a bench player or 2 triple A.

    if its one or the other id prefer napoli, bc i think swish is going to cost $20m more (could be wrong)... id be excited if we could get both, especially if we didnt have to pay more than $100m (prolly a dream)

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Napoli makes a lot of sense to me. Him and Jaso can platoon at C.

    I'm not the biggest fan of Swish but if you sign him and then sign Napoli and/or trade for Butler/Gordon then I think we're pretty well off. If Z passes on Napoli, Swisher, or Hamilton I totally get it. They're going to get more than they're worth.
    Why the hell do we need 3 catchers. Montero hits better when he is catching too. We don't need Napoli. Swisher would be fine. Or trade for a OF. Napoli is not a need. He is a small upgrade over Lolivo and on the wrong side of 30.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    Oops
    Last edited by drew_ellis_23; 11-23-2012 at 02:50 AM. Reason: double post

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,108
    vCash
    1500
    Swisher wont get $20M a year. Probably about 15-16, but is a much better fit and player than Napoli. Probably similar offense, but plays a more needed position, more consistent, and is a switch hitter.

    We really don't need another part time catcher/DH. What happens when Zunino is up? Then 2 of Napoli, Smoak, Jaso and Montero are out of jobs. He isn't a terrible 2nd piece, but the outfield needs to be addressed first. Smoak still has more value to me than the RF platoon, at least Thames's side of it.

    I guess I wouldn't mind Napoli and Choo, but its far from ideal. Maybe a last option. I just don't see why we would like Napoli over Swisher. He is worse in pretty much everything, but will cost a similar amount for the same length.

    4/64 for Swisher > 4/52 for Napoli IMO.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,851
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Honestly, I think Smoak dreams of becoming Napoli at this point.

    Is Smoak out of options?

    This also allows for Montero to be sent down if needed.
    Good one

    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Wouldn't mind I guess, but Im not hoping for it either. Especially for 4 years.

    I don't want to give up for Smoak unless its Butler or something. He isn't enough of an upgrade to give up quite yet.
    How much longer should we give him? He has terrible contact rate and is not even a average first basemen Offensively.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    i saw on a MLB network piece last season swisher say that SEA was his favorite MLB city.

    my guess is swisher's price on the market is a lot higher than napoli and the fact Z is emphasizing RH hitting is why we are farther along w/ napoli (if the reports are true).

    my opinion, swisher fits nicer on the roster, he has more value w/ his track record and D (even tho he was a horrible OFer in the playoffs this yr)... iMO napoli will produce more offensively the next 3-4 years, and it really isnt that hard to fit him if we just turn smoak into a bench player or 2 triple A.

    if its one or the other id prefer napoli, bc i think swish is going to cost $20m more (could be wrong)... id be excited if we could get both, especially if we didnt have to pay more than $100m (prolly a dream)
    Pretty smart dude suck up to the team who is going to have a pretty good pay roll lol JK.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-23-2012 at 04:35 AM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    I am all for Swish at this point. I am guessing Boston gets him and Napoli though. They can have Napoli.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    33,817
    vCash
    1500
    Napoli is a massive upgrade over LOLivo Drew. MASSIVE.

    You guys complain about the offense and say we need to make moves to compete, yet when they talk about adding a 20-30 HR bat, everyone looks for reasons to hate it. You absolutely do not worry about a logjam until you have to. Avoiding a free agent signing because you HOPE Smoak can figure something out is just not smart.

    They can sign Swisher, sign Napoli and trade for a LF and improve this team SIGNIFICANTLY. Let Smoak be forced out of a job. Get someone in here to light a fire under his ***.

    When Zunino comes up and establishes himself, Jaso goes away.

    At this point I have very little confidence in Smoak and avoiding an upgrade free agent signing or trade because if him is just silly to me.
    I'm In.



  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    4,954
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Napoli is a massive upgrade over LOLivo Drew. MASSIVE.

    You guys complain about the offense and say we need to make moves to compete, yet when they talk about adding a 20-30 HR bat, everyone looks for reasons to hate it. You absolutely do not worry about a logjam until you have to. Avoiding a free agent signing because you HOPE Smoak can figure something out is just not smart.

    They can sign Swisher, sign Napoli and trade for a LF and improve this team SIGNIFICANTLY. Let Smoak be forced out of a job. Get someone in here to light a fire under his ***.

    When Zunino comes up and establishes himself, Jaso goes away.

    At this point I have very little confidence in Smoak and avoiding an upgrade free agent signing or trade because if him is just silly to me.
    well said

    gotta be careful of talking us out of every move for a legit bat.

    cant be too conservative and end up w/ youk and berkman. tho i could totally see oak signing them and just killing!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    4,954
    vCash
    1500
    if we are so interested in a RH bat id like to see us go after morse.

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •