Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Thats what I said, if he agrees to resign
    Sorry, I missed that part.

But, I think I'd rather go for an OF with prospects, I think.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Wright's profile fits the bill, productive player n any lineup/ballpark, premium defender, talented enough to stay productive thru mid 30s, but he just doesn't seem worth it to make the effort it'll take, he doesn't carry a lineup like Hamilton or upton is capable of. I prefer those guys. Just my opinion.

vCash
    I think he has carried a lineup much more than Upton has.

Ackley would move to left, Seager to 2nd. Not my favorite option, but our options are pretty limited. Butler, Upton, Choo seem like the most likely candidates, and none are perfect either. Butler is a DH, Upton's road splits, and Choo vs LHP.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    I don't want to see Ackley moved to LF if we can avoid it. He's already gone through one position change. I understand he played CF in college, but he hasn't done it for four years.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I don't want to either, he is great at 2nd. But if we could get Wright at a reasonable price and that's our only decent option id do it.

I mean who else is there besides Upton and Choo for the outfield that is worth it/may be available?

vCash
    I don't want to either, he is great at 2nd. But if we could get Wright at a reasonable price and that's our only decent option id do it.

I mean who else is there besides Upton and Choo for the outfield that is worth it/may be available?
    Everybody is available for the right price.

Trumbo could definitely be had, same with kubel.

vCash
    Trades in the divisions are rare, but I like Trumbo little. One year if Kubel, not so much.

By available I mean reasonably priced, not have to overpay like crazy to get them.

vCash
    I don't think ur going to find the quality u expect in 2 a player combo of Vargas, paxton and franklin...All these questions will be answered tho throughout the offseason, we know for certain gmz is diligent in trying to acquire offense.

And reasonably price is very subjective, value is n the eye of the beholder.
    Last edited by Rain City; 11-27-2012 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    Yeah but you said everyone is available at the right price. That implies overpaying just to get someone that isn't readily available.

vCash
    Rarely guys r ready available, if so there is a catch, usually has to do with contract...I bet phils would make Howard readily available if someone would take that ridiculous contract... The execs get pd the big bucks to figure this stuff out.

vCash
    That's obviously not what I mean. You are avoiding the fact that you said you have to overpay, and that's what I don't want I do.

I have said 3 times I meant reasonably priced. Felix is available by that standard, but we would have to be given someone's whole team to do it. Do we want to do that for someone else? No.
    So looking at the new criteria that I have said 3 times already, who else is there that makes sense. No one year contracts without extension. No people that we would obviously have to overpay for.

vCash
    Yes, I would absolutely give up Walker for Upton. Y-E-S.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Yes, I would absolutely give up Walker for Upton. Y-E-S.
    How does his .250 average on the road not scare you?

vCash
    Screw it, lets get Butler. Walker and Vargas for him. He is what we need.

More proven, cheaper, and a better hitter than Upton, and only a year older.
    Last edited by jej; 11-27-2012 at 11:00 PM.

vCash
    How does his .250 average on the road not scare you?
    I've seen him play baseball. He's the same age as Kyle Seager and he's received MVP votes for two seasons prior to this one. He possesses 5 plus tools, plays the exact position we need most and does it very well, ****ing crushes baseballs, has a rd1 pk1 pedigree, and has as much upside as almost anyone in the game. He's had seasons when he's hit just as well on the road, I'm so tired of hearing that. He's young, it happens. The numbers don't line up with the park factors, maybe he just likes playing at home, maybe he needs to work on that part of his game. He's 25, fine with me. Pitchers fear him, base runners fear him, I love him.

Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast