Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    RC I don't buy a lot of that. Paxton has more value than a reliever. Some think he may end up there, but others think he could be a #2, hence is high propect rank.

Hultzen has more than just moderate upside. He was the #2 overall, dominated AA. He may not have a huge ceiling, but he is a pretty solid bet to be a #2/3. That's pretty valuable.

I also don't think "everyone" has Erasmo and Maurer. Some think Maurer makes a Big 4. Not everyone has that. And 22 year olds with some success in the majors like Erasmo are certainly not abundant.

Obviously teams will want Walker first. But if they want to get anything done, they will have to take less than a top 8 prospect in the league. Especially if he is included with one of our current bats. There's no way we do that, and they know that.

Butler isn't worth Walker. Upton isn't worth Walker yet. If thats what they want, they will never move them. i think we could get either without him. dont forget about Franklin. That's why we should sign Swisher and trade for a secondary type bat like Choo.

I understand what you are saying, I just think you are exaggerating.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Butler and Upton are both worth any pitcher on the planet who hasn't reached AAA yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    RC I don't buy a lot of that. Paxton has more value than a reliever. Some think he may end up there, but others think he could be a #2, hence is high propect rank.

Hultzen has more than just moderate upside. He was the #2 overall, dominated AA. He may not have a huge ceiling, but he is a pretty solid bet to be a #2/3. That's pretty valuable.

I also don't think "everyone" has Erasmo and Maurer. Some think Maurer makes a Big 4. Not everyone has that. And 22 year olds with some success in the majors like Erasmo are certainly not abundant.

Obviously teams will want Walker first. But if they want to get anything done, they will have to take less than a top 8 prospect in the league. Especially if he is included with one of our current bats. There's no way we do that, and they know that.

Butler isn't worth Walker. Upton isn't worth Walker yet. If thats what they want, they will never move them. i think we could get either without him. dont forget about Franklin. That's why we should sign Swisher and trade for a secondary type bat like Choo.

I understand what you are saying, I just think you are exaggerating.

I agree that Napoli/swisher +choo maybe kubel will be a lot easier to sign off on than trading 2+ of our top pieces for a butler/upton type. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems ridiculously expensive for a MOTO bat, kinda like a true ace, think about dealing felix. This isn't the roid era when every team seemed to develop a 40hr hitter.

Also, Franklin projects out at maybe Stephen drew and he is more than a year away to making noise in the bigs, hardly going to headline for anything we need.
    Last edited by Rain City; 11-27-2012 at 04:04 PM.

vCash
    I don't think it's anywhere near a stretch to say Franklin will be ready this season. He probably will be.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Where do you get that from RC? That he isn't valuable or something? He is a top 20 spec in the league isn't he? I definitely think he could headline a deal. Not for top of the line guys, but for a solid bat. He and Paxton together could get us something solid.

I would never trade Walker for Butler Brodie. Maybe not Upton either. his splits suggest he would come here and bomb. If its just Tai then maybe, but I'm sure about giving up a future ace for someone who can only hit half the time.

Would you?

vCash
    Maybe Franklin for kubel?

Az wants a ss/3b, they'd have to believe Franklin can stick at ss fOr the near future, since kubel only has 1 yr left we'd have 2 get a spec as well or kubel be committed to an extension...That makes a lot of sense to us prolly bc we c the value in Franklin, but az would have to be convinced they can't do better on the market. I think Franklin falls well behind Cabrera as someone to covet.

Let's be honest, at best Franklin can be OD 8th hole hitter, I lean toward thinking he starts in tripleA.

vCash
    Kubel isn't worth Franklin. He has had a couple decent years, but he is a poor defender, and not nearly good enough to he worth Franklin to me. Especially at one year. I'd do Triunfel/VCat and Maurer or something, but that probably wouldn't get it done.

vCash
    Please if you dont sign Napoli DO NOT go after Russel Martin!

vCash
    Yeah Im not feeling that either. At least with Napoli you get a good bat who can play 1st.

Sounds like they dont want Jaso starting cause Im not sure you platoon Martin. Plus it would be more than one year so then he blocks Zunino.

vCash
    Anyone interested in David Wright? Id probably go Franklin and Hultzen for him if he agrees to sign with us at 5/97 or 6/115 at most.

vCash
    Nah. Not too much.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Why?

vCash
    you see that contract the mets offered him? insane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Why?
    He'll be a free agent next season. I don't want to give up the prospects when we could try and sign him when he's a FA. You said it yourself, we have a hole in the OF. He's not an OFer and Seager was fine at 3B.

Unless he signs an extension, then I'd be for it.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Thats what I said, if he agrees to resign

Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast