Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hellikson is overrated, Sheilds is older, not under long control, and will be expensive.

vCash
    jej the problem is that the Rays have those two (solid SP at least) plus hultzen caliber prospect(s) - not sure if they have walker caliber since i don't consider moore a prospect anymore.

They could easily beat us. Hope they do, I kind of don't like Upton.

vCash
    We were talking about Myers.

Im not sure that they do have Hultzen level specs, or if they would include them for him. Keep in mind teams value proven players over specs, so to the Rays, Hellickson and a top spec may have more value than just Myers.

I mean, if we had Hellickson, would you trade him and Hultzen for Myers? I probably wouldnt.

vCash
    Not really interested due to the risk, but what would you guys give up for Jacoby. Something that actually could work. So maybe not what you would actually give up, but a fair deal.

vCash
    Rumors out there of a Lester-Myers deal being discussed.
    I'm In.

vCash
    If that's true we better be on the phone with then right now offering Paxton and Vargas.

vCash
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...eplace-ichiros

Good read, kinda agree. I kinda think the brass owe it to the fans to do something drastic and soon. This would be that! Plus how cool would it be to see him thrive here and prove all the naysayers wrong, I don't care about stats, Hamilton is a beast... He'd put butts in seats!

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    by drastic I mean do something that'll have us all talking and getting excited for 2013, like Montero but better!

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    If that's true we better be on the phone with then right now offering Paxton and Vargas.
    lester is more proven and it looks like thats what they want

vCash
    Yeah but he wasn't great last year, isn't under control, more expensive etc.

vCash
    Vargas isn't the top end starter they're looking for and Paxton isn't proven. He even struggled last year.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Vargas has to be the best pitcher who has no trade value. I don't think we could give him away lol. He's a mariner, has benefited from a dream park and now he costs more than a lot of veteran FAs will go for.

Let's face it the names of guys we want to trade have minimal value on the market, Vargas, Paxton is a high risk high reward spec, hultzen is a moderate ceiling, erasmo and Maurer r guys all teams have, beavan, smoak.. Please, Capps/ Pryor/ furbush meh...

I think to get a MOTO bat we have to deal walker, prolly throw n the likes of Saunders, Seager, Wilhelmsen,...not saying I advocate this kinda deal necessarily but it's wut the market prolly dictate, I just feel if Vargas, Paxton could get it done it would've happened by now, who knows maybe a team desperate for pitching will cave but I see a good amount of veteran free agents out there.

vCash
    I'm sure they got hung up on. A 4th starter and pen guy ( which is wut Paxton is right now). Doesn't compete with Lester.

I know he blew up last ur but look at his track record n that ballpark and division, no injuries, prime years. There is plenty of reason to covet him.
    Last edited by Rain City; 11-27-2012 at 02:36 AM.

vCash
    Meh. We need hitting.

The future is present.

vCash
    Yeah but he wasn't great last year, isn't under control, more expensive etc.
    Dayton Moore and his staff have shown that he's not the greatest evaluator of pitching talent. I'd rather have Shields than Lester for sure.
    I'm In.

Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast