Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1193
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baseball_is_lif View Post
    There is no way I want Morse. We have Montero.... he is already a right handed hitter that is defensively challenged and is basically only playable at 1B/DH.

I think the Morse thing is purely rumor fueled.
    i was using him as an example. a RH power bat who can play 1st

Mark reynolds is in the same boat to me. A RH bat who can provide some power. 1 yr deal 5-8 mil type thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Soto got signed, didn't he?
    Yes he is still with Texas.

vCash
    I've been soooo out of the loop... football dominates my MLB off-season. That being said...

Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    What are you guys using to follow all the rumors and news?

Twitter can get frustrating, I want something else.
    I use a crystal ball... hence why I haven't ever posted any pertinent info since I got that damn ball... I think it might be plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by trevhipp7 View Post
    If you guys signed Hamilton, do you think maybe Justin Morneau might be an option as well? Hamilton/Montero/Morneau in the middle of the lineup. I know you have some pitching prospects that would interest the Twins (obviously not Walker or Hultzen) But would Paxton or Maurer be names you could see? Just curious
    I would LOVE to bring Morneau here if we're on a buying/trading spree! Trade Smoak as a secondary piece, and I would pull the trigger with Maurer as the lead piece... but with Paxton, not sure Smoak gets included. Erasmo, even though I love him as a potential super-#5 starter (for us, with our SP depth), I could see him as another SP option coupled with Smoak.

Quote Originally Posted by trevhipp7 View Post
    Ya there's a lot of free agent pitchers, but it doesn't sound like the Twins are willing to pay the inflated prices so it looks like they are looking to trades. Would Erasmo Ramirez and Smoak be too much? Paxton, Smoak, and Brad Miller are the 3 most intriguing names from Seattle that I think could be possibilities...
    Paxton straight up for Morneau is at least possible, Smoak in a package, Miller is off the table... IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    but what is better? swish on 5/75 for Hamilton on 4/90ish?
    Give me Hamilton all day. He may be a perennial injury risk, which hurts his stack of bargaining chips this off-season, but I gladly sign him for $20-25M/yr @ 4 years.... come on, he's perennial MVP talent... even at 31. But I wouldn't give him more than 4 years on a generous per-year contract. If its 5 years or no deal, and another team is willing to give it to him, then maybe like $115M/5 ($23/yr), but that's already stretching it...

Hamilton is a major name on the market... silent teams are waiting until the initial market frenzy settles, and his agent likely knows this. Names like his rarely sign early, unless there is a team who offers enough, and its his first choice anyways. A team like the Mariners, unless we first sign or trade for a few other desirables, we will have to overpay for Hamilton. And I'm kinda okay with that... if its not a drastic overpayment. Nothing like we would have had to overpay for Fielder... that was lunacy.
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 12-06-2012 at 11:28 PM.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I really don't like how Churchill floats stuff out like this he does it all the time and it usually turns out to be nothing and obviously no big name is going to be signed until Greinke either signs with the Dodgers or Rangers.
    JAC is always overrated in both opinion and info... well, his off-season insight is nil, and his player projections are normally wrong. He's best used as a source of solid info for current minor league happenings, and that's about it. Ask yourself why the Mariners haven't hired him yet? Oh yeah, he's not very insightful... and they, the M's brass, don't trust him with any pertinent trade info... he's one of the drooling wolves in that circle...

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Why would they sign him as CM?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Still do not understand why Holland is worth so much. I get that he's solid and has upside, but why are we talking Montero/Hultzen in that trade?
    Look at his home/away splits... remove the home splits (Arlington), and replace them with better stats than his away splits... that's what we're potentially looking at... like potentially a 3.20 ERA guy with half his games at Safeco. Would love to use FIP or xFIP, but I don't want to correct for the defense or home field with this... this last season we were better on defense than the Rangers, worse the year before, and consistently a better pitcher's park. High velocity left-hander... nuf said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    JAC is always overrated in both opinion and info... well, his off-season insight is nil, and his player projections are normally wrong. He's best used as a source of solid info for current minor league happenings, and that's about it. Ask yourself why the Mariners haven't hired him yet? Oh yeah, he's not very insightful... and they, the M's brass, don't trust him with any pertinent trade info... he's one of the drooling wolves in that circle...
    What circle?
    I'm In.

vCash
    Look at his home/away splits... remove the home splits (Arlington), and replace them with better stats than his away splits... that's what we're potentially looking at... like potentially a 3.20 ERA guy with half his games at Safeco. Would love to use FIP or xFIP, but I don't want to correct for the defense or home field with this... this last season we were better on defense than the Rangers, worse the year before, and consistently a better pitcher's park. High velocity left-hander... nuf said.
    Yeah with decent control.

I don't see what's not to like there.
    I'm In.

vCash
    He's not worth Hultzen. I've always liked him, but he's not worth a top prospect.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    yeah Hultzen has velocity and a higher upside

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    What circle?
    The circle of local sports media peeps who are looking for any info to post first and boost their ego... boost their "ranking" as the best local sports info outlet. They're all playing king of the hill, trying to stand on the top by getting info out there first...

vCash
    Yup not worth Hultzen and not worth helping them get a superstar in Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    Yup not worth Hultzen and not worth helping them get a superstar in Upton.
    i totally agree, even tho i see the upside in holland i agree. i heard that holland was the piece tho that could headline a deal to get a butler/meyer which does add a wrinkle.

KC clearly doesnt like our specs enough (idiots), they want a young proven SP, thats why TB and BOS was in play with lester/hellickson... Ms dont have an SP like that.... but than again, why wouldnt TX deal directly with KC for butler/meyer? i guess they really like J-Up which is understandable.
    Last edited by Rain City; 12-07-2012 at 01:06 AM.

vCash
    The circle of local sports media peeps who are looking for any info to post first and boost their ego... boost their "ranking" as the best local sports info outlet. They're all playing king of the hill, trying to stand on the top by getting info out there first...
    I guess I meant to ask who was in that circle.

Geoff Baker? They all seem to break stories every once in a while. Never have seen JAC break one
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Morse would play 1st. Montero C/DH.

There was a report a few pages back from Jack saying he sees Montero and Jaso as a C platoon now.
    What else is he supposed to say?

Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast