Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    I thought it was "once in a lifetime" lol. I really hope they don't have Cena/Rock 2.
    Ya but who else could rock face beside punk who in this scenario is facing taker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Ya but who else could rock face beside punk who in this scenario is facing taker.
    Maybe Brock vs Rock?

vCash
    This would subsequently lead to Punk defending the title against The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXIX, and Johnson facing Cena in a non-title re-match at the same event.
    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...8159/the-rock/

Cena/Rock 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Taker could win the belt and retire the next night on Raw, then have a title tourney for the vacant belt culminating at Extreme Rules or whatever the late April PPV is

Rock/Cena 2 I say no too
    Foam Party!

vCash
    If Rock is planning to wrestle for another 2-3 years, then he will have other opportunities to win the title, but he has to agree to show up to all of the raw and defend his title on all the ppvs where he has it.

It has to be a 2 way street. I'm a big Rock fan, but I wouldn't let him win at RR and skip the EC chamber either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    It would be amazing if they did this! Taker vs Punk would be the match Punk really needs. It seems like they realize they need another top star to go with Cena and they are doing EVERYTHING to make Punk that guy. I can see them having Punk win too.

vCash
    And then they can turn Ryback Punk into Foley Punk into Punk Rock with Lesnar getting involved setting up Rock Lesnar and Punk after going over EVEYONE he gets Taker which imagine if they put him over Taker with a stable of Ryback (turning) Lesnar Heyman Ambrose Rollins and once he beats Taker he almost takes a dark side and they turn it into the new ministry and become the most dominant force ever. They could build a mega star.

vCash
    But he needs to start beating people clean.

vCash
    WrestleMania should be...................T.L. Hopper vs Aldo Montoya!!!!!! Big time draw!!!!

Ok, just kidding. Would this be Undertaker's last match????

If so, having CM Punk go over would be huge. I'd mark out.

vCash
    The worst thing they could do to Punk and his streak is to have Taker beat him and then retire the next night while dropping the title. It would make everything they did with PunK meaningless.

This is just some website rambling because Punk has his own streak. It would be a streak vs. streak match. Anyone on the internet could come up with that.

At this point Taker is not going to fight a champion at Mania because he isn't going to wrestle outside of Mania. They won't waste him on the Rumble because his body is so broken down. If he injures himself at the Rumble then their biggest draw for Mania is out.

I think the Rock will beat Punk at the RR and then Cena will get his win over the Rock. Cena still needs to go over just like the Rock eventually went over Hogan at WM18.

vCash
    I hope they don't do this. Punk just isn't on the same level as Taker. He's had the belt for a year, but he's been a disappointment with it. If this match does happpen I hope they don't have Punk go over. It would be a waste to have someone that can't draw beat Taker. I like Punk to an extent, but he shouldn't be the one ending the streak

vCash
    Streak vs Streak could be a huge selling point for Mania. C.M Punk going clean over the Rock at RR to retain would go ALLLLLLONG WAY to getting fans to believe Punk could POSSIBLY defeat Taker and the streak. Cena couldnt beat Rock. If Punk can...HUGE.

I like Punk v.s Taker. It would be another classic under both their belts. Taker-Brock or Taker-Sting like some have rumored would be just as good. Either way I'd expect too see Taker in a GREAT match come Wrestlemania

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    I don't see any way Taker wins the belt and retires with it. He is an old school traditionalist and wants to do whats best for the company. If he does win the belt, he will drop it the following month. There was some talk that Taker might not be ready for a mania match, but supposedly he recently said he's on board for a high profile match.

I think about the only opponents you could do at this point would be Rock, Lesnar, Sting, Punk and Cena or Austin if he came back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I hope they don't do this. Punk just isn't on the same level as Taker. He's had the belt for a year, but he's been a disappointment with it. If this match does happpen I hope they don't have Punk go over. It would be a waste to have someone that can't draw beat Taker. I like Punk to an extent, but he shouldn't be the one ending the streak
    I feel the same way when another thread was made. CM Punk and Taker really does nothing for me and I don't see it as a compelling match.

Right now outside of John Cena there isn't a regular wrestler on the roster who can have a big money match with Taker. Then you have the Rock and Brock Lesner who could wrestle Taker. If I had to book a few matches for WM right now this is what I would do.

John Cena vs. (c) The Rock
    The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesner
    CM Punk vs. Mick Foley w/Stone Cold as Special Guest Referee
    Daniel Bryan vs. (c) Dolph Ziggler

Those would be my 4 matches to build around WM. Because the Rock will most likely leave you can have maybe a heel Randy Orton vs. a baby face Miz in a number 1 contenders match for John Cena. Reason being is they usually do rematches on the PPV after WM, but with the Rock gone Cena needs a program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I don't see any way Taker wins the belt and retires with it. He is an old school traditionalist and wants to do whats best for the company. If he does win the belt, he will drop it the following month. There was some talk that Taker might not be ready for a mania match, but supposedly he recently said he's on board for a high profile match.

I think about the only opponents you could do at this point would be Rock, Lesnar, Sting, Punk and Cena or Austin if he came back.
    I think you can cross Sting off your list. With TNA putting him into the HOF I see him sticking around. He was talking about taking a backstage role at some point.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast