Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Devin Hester

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    trade him draft day for a 5th.
    Lol why is this trolling? IMO a 5th round pick is Hester's value right now. I would do this in a second, in the 5th round you can still find some good OL prospects.

vCash
    I just thought of something.
    We all see scared of contact Hester is, I imagine he's one of the worst blockers in the league. He doesn't get open... So basically he's just a body out there. He's gotta be one of the biggest liabilities on any contending team.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I just thought of something.
    We all see scared of contact Hester is, I imagine he's one of the worst blockers in the league. He doesn't get open... So basically he's just a body out there. He's gotta be one of the biggest liabilities on any contending team.
    that sounds a little harsh. there is webbie poo, carimi, and spencer. take your pick. all of those bums need to go wash cars for a living.

vCash
    Well I just imagine he wouldn't be a very good blocker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Well I just imagine he wouldn't be a very good blocker
    How much of that is in his job description though? As long as his job is returning punts and kicks then hes not going to be asked to block very often.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Every run play. What I'm saying is I imagine this year he's been a negative WAR player, providing no offense, no returns, and I am assuming he is a crappy blocker so on every run play when he is on the field, I'm assuming he also hurts our run game.

vCash
    Or we can do what some idiot on twitter suggested... Cut him for Babin, hahaha.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    Honestly, even if Hester sucks, and I don't think he does because his presence gets us great field position (think about the Carolina game, where they gave us the ball at the 40 every time, if he wasn't there, we probably don't win that game). And even if he didn't, I don't want Devin Hester on any other team, I just love him too much. I know it's silly, but it's sort of like when Kerry Wood was sucking last year for the Cubs, I'm okay with having him just because of how much he means to the team, ya know? But personally, I think Hester's having an off-year, and that overall, he can still be an asset on the team.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    He should get a pay cut at the end of the year and ONLY return punts and maybe kicks. It showed when he tries being a wide reciever that his returning goes to **** so he should only return kicks and punts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BearD0wn View Post
    He should get a pay cut at the end of the year and ONLY return punts and maybe kicks. It showed when he tries being a wide reciever that his returning goes to **** so he should only return kicks and punts
    His contract is based on #1 WR incentives. Which he Isn't so a pay cut is taking care of itself

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyBlue2009 View Post
    He has shown the ability to be a great route runner, has incredible speed and agility, yet he can't get open. What the hell?
    He's not a great route runner. He doesn't have the set-up technique where the receiver sets the DB up to shift his hips so he could gain separation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
    He's not a great route runner. He doesn't have the set-up technique where the receiver sets the DB up to shift his hips so he could gain separation.
    Pretty sure that's the one thing a lot of experts say he's greatly improved in. He just can't catch the ball. Your flag football history doesn't make your "expertise" higher than that of a real expert, sorry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123