Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Devin Hester

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    All it's going to take is one excellent return from Hester, and we're going to see teams kicking out of bounds. On KO, it's not going to happen, but on punts? If he takes one back, it's "oh ****, Hester's back" time.
    Thats the key word. I say put Weems back there..he wont waste 15 seconds running sideline to sideline and spinning around for 2 yards..he'll take it and run..thats what Hester needs to start doing..enough of the figure skating moves and running out of bounds.

vCash

Devin Hester

Hester will be fine, he's gonna break out soon

SWIGGITY SWOOTY, I'M COMIN FOR THAT BOOTY!

vCash
    All it's going to take is one excellent return from Hester, and we're going to see teams kicking out of bounds. On KO, it's not going to happen, but on punts? If he takes one back, it's "oh ****, Hester's back" time.
    Yeah, I think that goes without saying but people are so used to Hester being amazing, even on kicks that he doesn't return all the way, that his -ve yards and sideline to sideline stuff is irksome.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Hester needs to go with Marshall to workout in the off-season. That could help him out a lot.

vCash
    You do realize its game 11 now right? He has had only one good return all year and thats it. He's been pathetic both as a WR and Returner.

One thing I loved what this team did in the past is that they mixed it up with Johnny Knox, Hester, and Manning. They should probably start doing that again with Weems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    You do realize its game 11 now right? He has had only one good return all year and thats it. He's been pathetic both as a WR and Returner.

One thing I loved what this team did in the past is that they mixed it up with Johnny Knox, Hester, and Manning. They should probably start doing that again with Weems.
    While I'm not defending him we've seen a lot more gameplanning against Hester this year bc our offense has been ****. Lotta directional and high punts saying well give you the ball on the 40 we don't care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post

Oh man, game 11?!? I never knew!

Our field position has generally been great. Yes, it's really, really annoying that Devin runs sideline to sideline and sometimes backward. He's broken TD returns doing that in the past, and nobody gives a **** if it works.

He's fair caught more balls than I can remember. We've had generally good field position. We just need to be able to move the ball downfield, and then nobody'll care.

Our problem isn't Hester fluking a return back. Our problem is we're looking to him to generate a spark rather than to just let things happen because we're rolling.

vCash
    trade him draft day for a 5th.

vCash
    Why?

Who's going to trade for a punt/kick returner with a big salary when they can just get one with that 5th rounder?

vCash
    Cuz dey is trollin

vCash
    Why?

Who's going to trade for a punt/kick returner with a big salary when they can just get one with that 5th rounder?
    True. But I could see teams like the Jets, Bills, or Lions wanting to trade for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Cuz dey is trollin
    You and the Bulls forum love that word don't ya

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    True. But I could see teams like the Jets, Bills, or Lions wanting to trade for him.
    I doubt they'd want to give up anything specific for him.

Jets gave up pick(s) for Tebow. Not doing that again.
    Bills...who knows. I don't know why you picked them as a team
    Lions...yeah. We're not trading within the division.

vCash
    He is way over due for sure
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Hester can still perform like he did in the past. It isn't there right now since the return team isn't clicking. But, there is a positive side and that is maybe if the bears make the playoffs teams will actually kick to him. It could be the play that wins a playoff game for the bears.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast