Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

OL Changes Needed....

Im trying to temper my optimism here.. this team has the tools to go far. I mean far. The D is playing out of it mind and we finally have a QB and WR's to go along with good RB's.. But!! This OL scares me. I dont know whats wrong with Carimi, but I think he needs some sit down time. Coming into the season, I saw him as a cornerstone. He's either still hurt or on a mental flop. Time to give John Scott a shot. Webb is still a work in progress, but he seems to be improving. Add to that very hit and miss interior line play and that = concern. JA misses (or flat ignoring) drafting OL are hurting us this year. Come playoff time we will be seeing the Giants and 49ers.. OL can take over games.. We dont have that type of line. I hope we can over come it, but I think the OL will be the down fall this year.. I think Tice should have hammered the Lions with the run, especially down near the goal on that last FG. Maybe running more will create that "hammer 'em" mind set. Its a shame... we have the makings of a really dangerous playoff team. Hope Im wrong and they start playing better. The schedule gets a whole lot tougher...

vCash
    How about we don't switch around our OL and let them mesh a bit.

vCash
    I actually thought they've been playing very well lately

vCash
    Don't forget that Carimi only played like 2 games last year as a rookie. So he's only got 8 games under his belt in the NFL. Got to give O-Line time to mesh cuz you can't just sub guys in and out and expect it to be perfect, that just doesn't happen. Plus they've been playing well for most part of this season actually. Getting 5+ seconds to comfortably lay back to throw a ball every snap just doesn't happen in the NFL in general and to expect that is unrealistic.

vCash
    The OL is starting to gel a bit. We have serious pass pro issues with our tackles, but we're (statistically) pretty sound in run blocking according to PFF.

Rachal and Louis are performing really well. Gabe is a stud in run blocking. Webb's getting tons of help backside.

I mean, who are we going to play instead? We have unproven guys, and making changes when the OL isn't costing us games seems pointless.

vCash
    Another thing to add, Cutler seems pretty happy these last few weeks with the O-Line's play.

vCash
    Carimi just needs to be just average in pass protection, and we'll be fine... He's just been God awful so far in that department. Also, the penalties have been really irritating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    The OL is starting to gel a bit. We have serious pass pro issues with our tackles, but we're (statistically) pretty sound in run blocking according to PFF.

Rachal and Louis are performing really well. Gabe is a stud in run blocking. Webb's getting tons of help backside.

I mean, who are we going to play instead? We have unproven guys, and making changes when the OL isn't costing us games seems pointless.
    Debo got this on the head.

1.) they are starting to gel if you see it or not. They can only get better.

2.) who would we start instead., everyone else is worse. Even if we went Jonathan scott at RT he can't run block better than carimi.

3.) carimi's biggest mistakes are mental(trying to hard). He will center himself.

The only thing I think we need better is a o line coach. Tbh. Even garza had two or three False starts Monday. They need to take away the 50-60 yards they are giving other teams

our future

vCash
    We have what we have, pretty sure there will be some changes in the off season, until then...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    I like Rachal. Didn't know much about him before he came to the Bears. Then the Lions game happened.
    He's my favorite lineman on the team. When I said we needed someone with some grit, that's exactly what I had in mind.

vCash
    I think the line has improved this year. However, they need to have a RB or TE to chip more often on Carimi's side as well as Webb's side.

vCash
    I think we need to focus 2-3 picks on OL and with the rest get a playmaking LB and a raw explosive WR that hopefully can be avaialble in the 4th or 5th.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash

OL Changes Needed....

I think we can focus all picks on o lineman and we won't have anything better than what we got right now next year.

We need to bring players in from the draft to supplement age, but not talent IMO.

We are supposed to be good at o-line talent development, but simply we are not.

We need to bring in FA's to shore up the line for next year. Starting at LT

our future

vCash
    That's for sure but its unknown how much wiggle room exactly we will have. And if we lose out on the FA we pursue, we need to infuse some new talent someway.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    I'm with Mike on this one. Normally I would prefer drafting a OL, but since our development of OL hasn't been the greatest lately, I would prefer to bring in an established player at LT now. I expect the Bears to be drafting late, so I doubt that they will be able to draft a good LT.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast