Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    and they are kind of right if people come back and pump money into the NHL. the only vote the consumer has is with their wallet. if people watch and pay that money when the lockout is over, why would the NHL care if it gets lokced out?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Very valid point but a lot of fans are getting fed up. Nobody remembered the first lockout when the second happened but this generation of hockey fans are going through their second lockout and possibly their second lost season.

vCash
    The anger allows seems to get directed toward Bettman when it needs to be directed toward the owners. Bettman is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the owners.

I agree, it would be great if you could get fans to unite. Imagine the owners and players ending the lockout and instead of fans immediately returning to the arenas to watch their teams, they boycott and/or picket outside with a list of their demands. It would be awesome. Unfortunately, that is very unlikely to ever happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    The anger allows seems to get directed toward Bettman when it needs to be directed toward the owners. Bettman is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the owners.

I agree, it would be great if you could get fans to unite. Imagine the owners and players ending the lockout and instead of fans immediately returning to the arenas to watch their teams, they boycott and/or picket outside with a list of their demands. It would be awesome. Unfortunately, that is very unlikely to ever happen.
    true but i can't imagine Bettman's helping the situation & he's probably looking for a share of the pie as well.
    If I were him I'd tell a few owners, You signed players to big contracts just weeks before we started negotiating.
    You gotta try to work this out with them. Instead, him & the owners don't budge on anything.

vCash
    Now there is talk of the nhlpa being on its last legs and this is exactly what the NHL wants. What if this is the beginning if the end for the NHL? If this lockout lasts years, and it could, do we see another league? The players are gonna want to come and play in North America at some point. I honestly think the players should cave cause the league is full of a holes. I wish the players could get a fair shake but what options do they really have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Now there is talk of the nhlpa being on its last legs and this is exactly what the NHL wants. What if this is the beginning if the end for the NHL? If this lockout lasts years, and it could, do we see another league? The players are gonna want to come and play in North America at some point. I honestly think the players should cave cause the league is full of a holes. I wish the players could get a fair shake but what options do they really have.
    Pro sport is so corrupt it's not funny. A good part of me would like to see the NHL (and NBA and MLB) collapse. But the realist in me knows how hard it would be to build a new league.

If I had my choice though I would want a new league. I have absolutely no attachment to the NHL except for a few teams and players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Pro sport is so corrupt it's not funny. A good part of me would like to see the NHL (and NBA and MLB) collapse. But the realist in me knows how hard it would be to build a new league.

If I had my choice though I would want a new league. I have absolutely no attachment to the NHL except for a few teams and players.
    I would like to see a different league or a different set up for the different sports also (NBA and NHL, the MLB works to a certain extent).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Some of the lower end players are starting to realize the major issues that are holding up the negotiations from the union side aren't really about them but the top end players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Some of the lower end players are starting to realize the major issues that are holding up the negotiations from the union side aren't really about them but the top end players.
    because a 38 year old Russian former 1st overall draft pick that has never had to play in the minors doesn't have a problem with future players paying for his contract.
    Let's give the owners what they want cause its all about old man Romans last season. Go get em Hammer!
    Last edited by kevin13697; 11-24-2012 at 09:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    because a 38 year old Russian former 1st overall draft pick that has never had to play in the minors doesn't have a problem with future players paying for his contract.
    Let's give the owners what they want cause its all about old man Romans last season. Go get em Hammer!
    Roman's not the only player who has a problem with the issues that the PA is holding things up on.

vCash
    I hate this talk of a non binding mediator. What a bunch of ********. If both sides wanted a fair deal and agreed upon 50/50 basis they should have a real mediator.

vCash
    fans should start getting involved and making vids/posts about striking themselves.
    The fans are the ones who put their hard earned money into the NHL to keep it going. These players and owners making millions wouldn't have anything if us fans weren't buying tickets, fan gear that cost a fortune and most can't afford when they do go.

They clearly are taking the fans for granted and don't give a **** about us so why not start saying.. " if you don't figure your **** out soon, when you do the seats will be empty"
    Fans control as much as sports organizations as anyone, lets stop being push overs and show we have a say and don't deserve this.

how amazing would it be if the NHL gets it back up and playing and the first month or two of games has no one in the seats....or next season starts with empty arenas,
    It can easily/should be done!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman16 View Post
    fans should start getting involved and making vids/posts about striking themselves.
    The fans are the ones who put their hard earned money into the NHL to keep it going. These players and owners making millions wouldn't have anything if us fans weren't buying tickets, fan gear that cost a fortune and most can't afford when they do go.

They clearly are taking the fans for granted and don't give a **** about us so why not start saying.. " if you don't figure your **** out soon, when you do the seats will be empty"
    Fans control as much as sports organizations as anyone, lets stop being push overs and show we have a say and don't deserve this.

how amazing would it be if the NHL gets it back up and playing and the first month or two of games has no one in the seats....or next season starts with empty arenas,
    It can easily/should be done
    !
    Yes, it should be done.

vCash
    I'll be honest. I love hockey, miss it and want it back. But the pain I feel from this lockout isn't even close to what I felt back in 2004-2005. I'm more than ok, not looking for updates and just seeing what's posted on twitter. NHL will lose fans, no doubt in my mind and this one is going to hurt.

vCash
    The Jedi are really gonna feel this one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast