Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    I think the fact that players quickly found other teams HUGELY damaged the NHL and the NHLPA. Sure it was great in the short term for leverage but what it did, at least for me, was to show that there's perfectly good hockey elsewhere.

It allows fans OF THE GAME to easily visualize what a new league could look like.

The longer this goes the longer I really despise the NHL's arrogance.

I love the game and would prefer to watch players play a more exciting brand of hockey. I hate the tendency toward snail-paced hockey that seems to surface every 5 years, led by coaches who want to take their talent-poor teams as far as possible in the playoffs. I hate that hockey.

I don't miss that hockey. I'd rather have no hockey than what we saw in last year's playoffs. And that includes my own team. Just bad hockey.

vCash
    The problem is this:

After my rec game Sunday, my whole team and I were all "**** the NHL" in the lockerroom. Until one guy said, "we all say this, but we all KNOW we're going to Preds games as soon as they come back". We all laughed and started talking about what we'd buy and do.

Essentially, we're ****ed. The NHL knows that the large majority of their fanbase LOVES the game beyond reason. The NHL is different from most every sport because unlike every other major sport in the US, a lot of us fans are in beer leagues ourselves. We love the game to an extra level, really.

They know we'll come back, and all they'll do is paint "THANK YOU FANS!" on the blue line again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life View Post
    The problem is this:

After my rec game Sunday, my whole team and I were all "**** the NHL" in the lockerroom. Until one guy said, "we all say this, but we all KNOW we're going to Preds games as soon as they come back". We all laughed and started talking about what we'd buy and do.

Essentially, we're ****ed. The NHL knows that the large majority of their fanbase LOVES the game beyond reason. The NHL is different from most every sport because unlike every other major sport in the US, a lot of us fans are in beer leagues ourselves. We love the game to an extra level, really.

They know we'll come back, and all they'll do is paint "THANK YOU FANS!" on the blue line again.
    Totally sucks. We're our own worst enemies.

No wonder the league is so arrogant.

vCash
    One thing I was thinking about was the NHL and Xmas. I would usually be getting crazy amounts of Canucks gear but I won't be getting any this year. Imagine how much the NHL is loosing at this time of year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I don't miss that hockey. I'd rather have no hockey than what we saw in last year's playoffs. And that includes my own team. Just bad hockey.
    i disagree, i think your just bitter. LA is a great team
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNfR2NWATPM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    i disagree, i think your just bitter. LA is a great team
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNfR2NWATPM
    No, I have hated that kind of hockey forever. I also think the Canucks suck if that makes you feel any better, and I have for as long as AV has coached them. Mostly boring with a few flashes of hockey here and there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234